Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GetKVM acquired by Bradler & Krantz & Co. KG - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GetKVM acquired by Bradler & Krantz & Co. KG

Comments

• @Jacob said:
    Ignore all the sad sh!ts, best of luck with your future ventures dude.

Cheers mate!

• More people than I would have expected don't seem to grasp how the business world works.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited September 2013

@DomainBop said:
    Selling GetKVM to ProviderService is great for the customers. Selling VMPort to that not too bright racist slob who owned FTN Hosting/Urpad in Michigan was not too good for the customers.

Excuse me?

Everyone was taken care of and moved to higher performance nodes.

No offense to Ashley but VMPort was kinda a mess when we acquired it. It took longer then excepted to move everyone because of the way nodes were setup(Raid0). But after the dust settled almost everyone was happy. When making major changes when acquiring a company you can't satisfy everyone but we did the best we could.

But good luck what ever you do! I tried leaving this industry when I sold FTN but it like a drug it just lures you back in.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited September 2013

@Ash_Hawkridge said:
    As M said, i can see that focusing on VPS only is no longer going to be a maintainable business model in the near future, with a family to feed, i have to think about my future.

Is their a congratulations in order? Do I sense you have become a father?

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited September 2013

@Jack said:
    LV_Matt He has been a farther ages?

I think his kid has to be like 3-4 years old now? There's still a long time before he can take care of him/herself without much attention. Trying to run a company by himself and take care of a kid wouldn't be an easy task and one or the other would suffer if that is the case.

• @Chris Miller said:
    I think his kid has to be like 3-4 years old now?

Now someone tells me.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Ash_Hawkridge

Good luck in the future!
    The DE service has been good for my needs and with this I wont get bad feelings about canceling the box for next term.

• Best of luck Ash

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • Good luck Ash!

• Are we all incapable of spelling father...

@LV_Matt said:

@Jack said:
    LV_Matt He has been a farther ages?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2013

People keep confusing LET for a community of hobbyists still, where people used to enjoy helping the entrepreneurs by purchasing services to help them build and grow. A lot of people still expect the providers here to actually care about the provider <-> user relationship and not strictly about the money. If anything has been proven after the news of CC owning LET it is the fact that this place is now used for profit and not for community. People need to start realizing that a good portion of the providers are here to build up so they can sell off in the same way, it is about the money now, not about innovation of their services and building a long-term community relationship of respect and trust as the older hosts and providers had. I have a feeling what we are seeing here will become more and more common place as people stop treating this as a hobby and more so as a business. The hobbyist or community aspect of this forum is pretty much dead at this point, so those of you still wishing it was that way, sorry... it isn't.

I am glad you have done well for your self Ash, but I personally am disappointed in this move after your past promises of this not happening. Everyone has to make hard decisions for what will work best for them in their life and it sounds like good things are happening for you Ash, for that I am happy. However, to say you have once again sold off your customers/business and the fact you had the purchaser do the PR copy on it and you didn't even let your customers know this was happening at all in advance, I am not pleased with.

TL;DR:

As a 'community' member when Ash came back here to run GetKVM he promised the people investing in his business of their faith and money for his services that he would be in it for the long run, not to build up and sell off as he has done now, twice. This is why people have a bitter taste in their mouth about this situation. Not because Ash is doing well or GetKVM isn't doing well, but because no providers word seems to be worth anything anymore when it comes down to money.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug how true and you know what's the biggest irony here. That it will happen again.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What's next for you @Ash_Hawkridge ?

• @jbiloh said:
    What's next for you Ash_Hawkridge ?

You know the answer to this.

• Ah, there's a new brand he's going to build up and presumably sell later again. This time he went for Kansas City.

• I'm afraid after opening another business, he will sell it again in the future. Will this permitted in LEB/LET? Too many open and sell from Ashley

• What happened with his previous brands and how were the sales handled? Were the customers happy after that, or were they screwed?

• BoxSRV - VMPort - GetKVM - Virtual6, most of them just left screwed

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    BoxSRV - VMPort - GetKVM - Virtual6

AdvancedSpace - BoxSRV - VMPort - GetKVM - Virtual6

• @Spirit said:

Ah.. I forgot about AdvancedSpace, it's been a long gone

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I'm afraid after opening another business, he will sell it again in the future. Will this permitted in LEB/LET? Too many open and sell from Ashley

There is nothing wrong with selling a business as long as the owner does not run away with people's money.Whenever Ashley has sold his business, I have never heard anyone saying he scammed anyone

• AdvancedSpace + BoxSRV brands merged to VMPort. VMPort was sold to Urpad. GetKVM sold to Bradler and Krantz.

All still run successfully as far as I'm aware, just like they did when i was at the wheel. Now stop hating and find something useful to do with your time, start acting like grown ups and understand how business works :)

• ErawanArifNugroho said: BoxSRV - VMPort - GetKVM - Virtual6, most of them just left screwed

This just shows you have absolutely no knowledge what so ever and just troll for the hell of it. Start showing some facts or remove your comments.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @Ash_Hawkridge said:
    This just shows you have absolutely no knowledge what so ever and just troll for the hell of it. Start showing some facts or remove your comments.

How about you just get out of the industry

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • texteditor said: How about you just get out of the industry

Guys don't make it unpleasant please.
    Ash has not done anything wrong here.. if his old customers are happy.

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • Ash_Hawkridge said: This just shows you have absolutely no knowledge what so ever and just troll for the hell of it. Start showing some facts or remove your comments.

Hey hey, calm down now. He's got a point, you know. It seems like you don't exactly care for your customers but are just looking to build a business for the sole purpose of selling it later.

• mpkossen said: Hey hey, calm down now. He's got a point, you know. It seems like you don't exactly care for your customers but are just looking to build a business for the sole purpose of selling it later.

I'm calm I just don't like people making blunt comments with no fact behind them and you as an administrator should be dealing with things like that surely?

I appreciate that's how it may seem but that's really not the case. Anybody that has worked with me knows i care about my business relationships. Heck plenty of people followed me from VMPort to GetKVM because of that.

• I am really not sure if it is good to keep creating pump and dump operations like this TBH, looks like Virtual6 is looking for customers:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1323724

• @Ash_Hawkridge said:
    I appreciate that's how it may seem but that's really not the case. Anybody that has worked with me knows i care about my business relationships. Heck plenty of people followed me from VMPort to GetKVM because of that.

So, why did you sell all your businesses and why did you start this new one just after selling your former successful business? And do people just come to you with orders or did you actively look to sell them?

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited November 2013

@Spirit said:

You missed one, South Yorkshire IT (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1313756).

Launched and dead in under a month.

On a side note, I do really like Virtual6's design.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho