Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• @Not_Oles said:
    @Teko Sorry, did I miss something? Did anybody from the FreeVPS Team respond to your post above?

No, there was no response from anyone.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Teko said:

@Not_Oles said:
    @Teko Sorry, did I miss something? Did anybody from the FreeVPS Team respond to your post above?

No, there was no response from anyone.

Hey @Teko! Thanks for letting me know. I went back and checked again with the Team.

There were two aspects of your request which previously had confused me.

• First, the proof of donation said "Pending." It's not like it said, "Completed."

• Second, you said you chose "anonymous donate therefore there is no invoice and email." FreeVPS.org doesn't have access to the personal information kept at the charities that we don't even select. But you don't even let your selected charity know an email. How should we understand that?

We're not trying to give you a hard time. We just don't know how to respond to your request. That's literally what one of the team members said to me when I again raised your request this morning.

We're happy to consider anything else you might want to add to your request.

Thanks again and best wishes!

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • TekoTeko Member
    edited September 2023

@Not_Oles said:
    * First, the proof of donation said "Pending." It's not like it said, "Completed."

Well, I believe that's how credit cards generally function based on the information provided in my bank's FAQ page.

https://mox.com/faqs/mox-credit/#what-does-the-transaction-status-pending-and-confirmed-mean

It takes 1-2 business days for the transaction to be settled by merchant and the status will change to ‘completed’.

After a span of two days, the status changed to 'complete'.

• Second, you said you chose "anonymous donate therefore there is no invoice and email." FreeVPS.org doesn't have access to the personal information kept at the charities that we don't even select. But you don't even let your selected charity know an email. How should we understand that?

Although, I know that FreeVPS doesn't have access to the charities, but when I made a donation, I noticed the presence of the 'Authorisation for the Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing' option, which made me feel uneasy. I'm concerned that there might be a 'hidden feature' enabled that could result in my mailbox being inundated with unwanted emails.

https://www.commchest.org/en/donation/form

I'm typing this comment while on my way to school. If you or team have any further questions, feel free to ask me.

Hi @Teko!

Thanks for posting the updated donation acknowledgement.

@Teko said: I noticed the presence of the 'Authorisation for the Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing' option, which made me feel uneasy. I'm concerned that there might be a 'hidden feature' enabled that could result in my mailbox being inundated with unwanted emails.

There seems to be an opt-out on the form at the page you linked. The opt-out said "I do not agree the Chest to use my personal data for the above purposes." Of course, I nevertheless also hear your concerns about "hidden features" and the possibility of your "mailbox being inundated" by an internationally well known charity.

FreeVPS requests are very interesting and important for the FreeVPS Team. The Team will continue to consider your request.

I hope you are enjoying a good day at school and learning a lot!

Best wishes!

Tom

• TekoTeko Member
    edited September 2023

@Not_Oles said:
    Hi @Teko!

Thanks for posting the updated donation acknowledgement.

@Teko said: I noticed the presence of the 'Authorisation for the Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing' option, which made me feel uneasy. I'm concerned that there might be a 'hidden feature' enabled that could result in my mailbox being inundated with unwanted emails.

There seems to be an opt-out on the form at the page you linked. The opt-out said "I do not agree the Chest to use my personal data for the above purposes." Of course, I nevertheless also hear your concerns about "hidden features" and the possibility of your "mailbox being inundated" by an internationally well known charity.

FreeVPS requests are very interesting and important for the FreeVPS Team. The Team will continue to consider your request.

I hope you are enjoying a good day at school and learning a lot!

Best wishes!

Tom

Just arrived back home. Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding? Or perhaps my explanation is not clear enough.

Even if I choose not to allow the use of my personal data for those purposes, it's possible that my personal information is still retained in their database.

A well-known organization is not an impact factor for me since even reputable companies or charities can encounter security issues within their systems. My approach is to refrain from providing my personal information unless absolutely necessary.

For example,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberport

Owner Hong Kong SAR Government
    Management Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited

And this happened today.

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/4/207955/Cyperport-data-put-up-for-sale-following-cyber-attack

the data includes personal information of employees working at startup companies located at Cyberport, as well as confidential documents of the companies. The data had since been put up for sale online.

If I don't select anonymous donation, I am required to provide my last name, first name, phone number, and email. I believe that's excessive; providing just an email should suffice for the invoice.

F**k all of those phone call scams.

Finally, I trust that the trust between users is greater than an invoice.

Best wishes,
    Teko

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited September 2023

@Teko said:

@Teko said:
    Client No: 2187
    Your ID: 007863213705

Planned use: dn42 node
    Preferred location: Tokyo, JP

Would like to grab 1GB of RAM if possible. 768MB RAM enough.
    If Tokyo, JP is not available, I prefer London, UK.

Edit: Just saw Tokyo is donation-only. Will do it and upload the screenshot proof tomorrow due to lack of money in my e-wallet right now. :)

ThanksGTHost

Thankscrunchbits

ThanksScaleBlade

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

ThanksWebHorizon

Detail: https://imgur.com/a/1Ti6vxc
    Donated & Proof
    I selected anonymous donate therefore there is no invoice and email.

Sorry for the delay, provisioned!

EDIT: Sorry, for Tokyo, we can't do customizations, resources are pretty much 1:1 and any increases will cause issues with overprovisioning. Other locations we can increase RAM if needed.

Thanked by 1Teko
  • TekoTeko Member
    edited September 2023

@TheOnlyDK said: Sorry for the delay, provisioned!

EDIT: Sorry, for Tokyo, we can't do customizations, resources are pretty much 1:1 and any increases will cause issues with overprovisioning. Other locations we can increase RAM if needed.

ThanksNotOles

ThanksFreeVPS

ThanksTheOnlyDK

ThanksWebHorizon

I have a dream that one day, the FreeVPS will come bundled with a Not_Oles push-up video.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK

@Teko

I think I remember offering a push up video to Sunny awhile ago. I proposed lying on my back and pushing my cell phone up and down while filming. Hah! :)

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • DigikaDigika Member
    edited September 2023

What is happening to Chicago right now? It barely responds.
    Must have been a fluke, will keep monitoring

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @Digika said:
    What is happening to Chicago right now? It barely responds.
    Must have been a fluke, will keep monitoring

I think it's a network glitch, but please reach out if it's performing poorly for you.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • andaanda Member
    edited September 2023

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Now I have more 25 thanks from @crunchbits thread and @Not_Oles memes thanks😂. If possible can I get 1 gb ram and 20gb storage? I want to install guacamole on cloudron minimum spec is 1gb ram and 20gb, have tried with docker guacamole but no luck to install totp.

Client No: 2197
    Your ID: 712245506564

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@anda said:

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Now I have more 25 thanks from @crunchbits thread and @Not_Oles memes thanks😂. If possible can I get 1 gb ram and 20gb storage? I want to install guacamole on cloudron minimum spec is 1gb ram and 20gb, have tried with docker guacamole but no luck to install totp.

Location good sir?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@anda said:

Location good sir?

All good sir, anywhere..

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @anda said:

Now I have more 25 thanks from crunchbits thread and @Not_Oles @Not_Oles @Not_Oles memes thanks 😂. If possible can I get 1 gb ram and 20gb storage? I want to install guacamole on cloudron minimum spec is 1gb ram and 20gb, have tried with docker guacamole but no luck to install totp.

1 GB ram only for " 🍩 membership"

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @Ganonk said:

@anda said:

Now I have more 25 thanks from crunchbits thread and @Not_Oles @Not_Oles @Not_Oles memes thanks 😂. If possible can I get 1 gb ram and 20gb storage? I want to install guacamole on cloudron minimum spec is 1gb ram and 20gb, have tried with docker guacamole but no luck to install totp.

What membership?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

What membership?

The team will explain or please read page 1 again

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @Ganonk said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

What membership?

I don't see any word membership

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

What membership?

I missed Guacamole, Quite interesting.

What interests you to run a remote desktop application on the servers? Do you realise we don't have an SLA and nodes might go down anytime?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

What membership?

What interests you to run a remote desktop application on the servers? Do you realise we don't have an SLA and nodes might go down anytime?

I really like mobaxtream but I don't want to pirated mobaxtream which is limit to 12 sessions(free) so I need more sessions + SFTP for free and opensource. Cloudron have backup everyday.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • This is a fantastic project, and I wanted to come by and express my support.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles TheOnlyDK

@Ganonk Thanks for helping! 🆗 The OP says up to 1GB with justification and 2GB with a charitable donation. I think @anda wants 1GB. But I also wonder if @anda might need more than 1 GB to run what he wants to run and have it work well. Best wishes! :)

Thanked by 1anda
  • @anda said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

What membership?

I really like mobaxtream but I don't want to pirated mobaxtream which is limit to 12 sessions(free) so I need more sessions + SFTP for free and opensource. Cloudron have backup everyday.

Hi @anda, just so I understand it better, you meant you will be running Guacamole and not mobaxtream right? and the clouron part is that if our servers go down, you have a copy of backups.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles anda
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@anda said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

What membership?

Hi @anda, just so I understand it better, you meant you will be running Guacamole and not mobaxtream right? and the clouron part is that if our servers go down, you have a copy of backups.

Yes, correct.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Not_Oles
  • BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited September 2023

#ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, and #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten
    Hello, I believe I qualify for the promotion.
    Client No: 2198
    Your ID: 766405860587
    If I could have the tokyo location with
    1x AMD EPYC (Shared)
    768MB RAM
    10GB NVMe SSD (RAID-10)
    200GB@100Mbps - which ports do not matter

I plan to use it to mirror web services I normally operate in the US closer to Asia :sweat_smile:

If there are any mistakes or I do not qualify just lemme know!
    $5 Donation Proof https://ibb.co/98hXgfH ( I will not run Tor I know the rules lol)

@BruhGamer12 said:
    #ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, and #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten
    Hello, I believe I qualify for the promotion.
    Client No: 2198
    Your ID: 766405860587
    If I could have the tokyo location with
    1x AMD EPYC (Shared)
    768MB RAM
    10GB NVMe SSD (RAID-10)
    200GB@100Mbps - which ports do not matter

I plan to use it to mirror web services I normally operate in the US closer to Asia :sweat_smile:

If there are any mistakes or I do not qualify just lemme know!
    $5 Donation Proof https://ibb.co/98hXgfH ( I will not run Tor I know the rules lol)

Deployed.

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12
  • @FatGrizzly said: Deployed.

Thanks! Works great!

• @anda said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@anda said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

@Ganonk said:

@anda said:

What membership?

Yes, correct.

Awesome! I've deployed your VM in Phoenix since you said any location is fine and we have the most resources there. Enjoy!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited September 2023

Service maintenance required - Phoenix

We have noticed the disks on our Phoenix node are showing pre-fails on SMART. We have a few people on that node right now, we'll reach out to them via email to migrate them to another node. Once everyone is migrated off, we'll send a message to the datacenter (GTHost) to replace those disks. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

• thanks for the update

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Service maintenance required - Phoenix

We have noticed the disks on our Phoenix node are showing pre-fails on SMART. We have a few people on that node right now, we'll reach out to them via email to migrate them to another node. Once everyone is migrated off, we'll send a message to the datacenter (GTHost) to replace those disks. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

I haven't created a vps yet :)