Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

speedypage VS Racknerd, which plan's performance is better ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

speedypage VS Racknerd, which plan's performance is better ?

2»

Comments

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@jsjcjsjc said:
    some test from WordPress Hosting Benchmark tool
    hostbrr

racknerd

speedypage

visualwebtechnologies

Thanks for the test. Happy to see we are stacking up to more established providers :) I wonder if our lower write ability is due to the 200 MB/s limit.

What test is this?

• @EthernetServers said: For example - the web server that's in use, and how well tuned it is. If you have two providers that advertise LiteSpeed, is it properly configured for that environment? For example, does it use ProcessGroup?

>
    PLEASE FIXED your server please...i have 9 vps an now all vps is offline

• emghemgh Member

@jasabacklink said:

@EthernetServers said: For example - the web server that's in use, and how well tuned it is. If you have two providers that advertise LiteSpeed, is it properly configured for that environment? For example, does it use ProcessGroup?

>
    PLEASE FIXED your server please...i have 9 vps an now all vps is offline

Wrong place buddy

• When comparing Ryzen vs X3, Ryzen will perform better.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited July 2023

buyshared:

all-inkl.com (https://all-inkl.com/webhosting/premium/) - beats hostbrrr.

(interesting... i am a customer of all-inkl over 20 years, thought they are old school... but... still rocksolid)

Thanked by 1Vondelphia
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

@hyperblast said:
    all-inkl.com (https://all-inkl.com/webhosting/premium/) - beats hostbrrr.

:-(

IO will not become a issue so I've generously bumped the allowed usage, just so people can flaunt awesome benchies. Could probrably get a 10 but rather not risk someone totally abusing IO. I'll look into what kind of optimization is needed to improve the database handling.

Just to be fair this is a rather new provisioned server so performance might take a hit when real usage kicks in. However, there is so much headroom.

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

Sorry for a bit of a necro.

I wanted to post that we have now deployed a new SQL configuration to all shared locations, and DB results should be significantly better. See results from one of our customers in London, scoring 9.9/10. Nothing has been 'rigged' to provide better results, this is a legitimate user test from their Enterprise plan:

Thanked by 3emgh greentea verd
  • I love how it’s just accepted now that on LET, artificial benchmarks are more important than real world usage, speed & experience

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:
    I love how it’s just accepted now that on LET, artificial benchmarks are more important than real world usage, speed & experience

Sadly, this is very true. In this instance though, the changes actually affect real world usage so we're happy to do more to make these numbers better where we realistically can :)

Thanked by 2emgh greentea
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

I’m a firm believer in benching, but not using weird tests

Instead, bench yourself based on what you’ll do

Will you be writing small changes to an indexed DB? Fine, bench that, but don’t use some pre-made script with a 1-10 number to tell you what’s best for you, that won’t even test what you’ll do (yes, this goes for YABS too)

At some point it’s just an addiction

People would probably even save money by not YABS’ing, seems like its now required for a real to be decent to show some nice sexy YABS scores, meanwhile the VPS ends up doing less CPU intensive work than the calculator app on my phone

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @speedypage said:

@emgh said:
    I love how it’s just accepted now that on LET, artificial benchmarks are more important than real world usage, speed & experience

Sadly, this is very true. In this instance though, the changes actually affect real world usage so we're happy to do more to make these numbers better where we realistically can :)

Sounds good :)

Also ignore my post above, wrote it before I refreshed, it was not a reply to you, just a general take

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited September 2023

@emgh said:

You can't always do this especially for a service you don't already have, and not every provider offers refund windows for you to try-before-committing.

Incidentally, this is also the very reason why I am much more willing to try out new services that have a 48-72h refund window.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @PineappleM said:

@emgh said:

You can't always do this especially for a service you don't already have, and not every provider offers refund windows for you to try-before-committing.

Incidentally, this is also the very reason why I am much more willing to try out new services that have a 48-72h refund window.

True, I guess it does serve some purpose, kind of

I’m just tired of seeing people comparing small differences, completely overlooking things like the fact that the resources are shared, at one specific minute the last year, on one server, every VPS provider would have had a YABS result they would be embarsssed by

That YABS are discussed at the Hivelocity beta test thread where the servers probably are sitting 95 % empty tells a lot already

• As you said the optimizations should help with real life scenarios @speedypage, if it’s not a trade-secret it would be nice to know what was optimized, might be some good stuff that could be done even outside of the shared hosting world :)

• @speedypage said:
    Sorry for a bit of a necro.

I wanted to post that we have now deployed a new SQL configuration to all shared locations, and DB results should be significantly better. See results from one of our customers in London, scoring 9.9/10. Nothing has been 'rigged' to provide better results, this is a legitimate user test from their Enterprise plan:

Nice job

• @jsjcjsjc said:
    some test from WordPress Hosting Benchmark tool
    hostbrr

racknerd

speedypage

visualwebtechnologies
    ![](https://img.imgdd.com/f210f3.09f10a86-5b78-4048-9254-006ce12d9d0d

So is hostbrr better than speedypage?