Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

speedypage VS Racknerd, which plan's performance is better ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

speedypage VS Racknerd, which plan's performance is better ?

here is speedypage
AMD Ryzen 5950X
CPU: 1 core
CPU Limit - 100%
Physical Memory Limit - 2GB
I/O Limit - No Limit
IOPS Limit - No Limit
EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit - 25
NPROC Limit (Number Of Processes)- 40
INODE Limit - No limit

here is Racknerd
Intel Xeon E3-1275 V3 / Intel Xeon E-2146G
CloudLinux LVE Settings (per cPanel account):
CPU - 100%
I/O Limit - 80 MB/s
IOPS Limit - 15,000
Physical Memory Limit - 1GB
EPROC (Entry Processes) Limit - 200
NPROC Limit (Number Of Processes)- 220
INODE Limit - No limit

how to test them ?

Comments

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

It's worth noting that there's a lot more at play when it comes to performance than just hardware and LVE settings.

For example - the web server that's in use, and how well tuned it is. If you have two providers that advertise LiteSpeed, is it properly configured for that environment? For example, does it use ProcessGroup?

Is MySQL being used, or MariaDB, and how well optimized are they? Do they have the approriate InnoDB pool sizes set up, are they using ramdisk, etc.

What exactly do you plan on hosting on your shared hosting account?

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • On paper, speedypage looks faster, but in reality, it doesn't matter what the specs say if you don't know the density per box or overselling ratio

An easy way to test is to install a WP in both and run a plugin like the WordPress Hosting Benchmark tool

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

Speedypage. The higher clock speed alone should be noticeable.

How to test them? Upload the content you intend to host and see if it works well.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • AMD Ryzen 5950X and Intel Xeon E3-1275 V3
    from CPU, AMD Ryzen 5950X is better

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • nick_nick_ Member

SpeedyPage is faster because they have the word Speedy in the name.
    JK aside, Ryzen 5950X should perform way better than the E3.

• I've used both providers and found SpeedyPage to be more performant overall (counting CPU, IO, Network). Also their support is absolutely first class.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@RemarkableGuille said:
    On paper, speedypage looks faster, but in reality, it doesn't matter what the specs say if you don't know the density per box or overselling ratio

Pretty much. The hardware isn't really relevant.

If the Ryzen has 5,000 cPanel accounts with very busy DB usage, and the E3 has 100 cPanel accounts with very little DB usage, there's a good chance the E3 will run circles around the Ryzen.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

I can confirm that we do not oversell any of our cPanel nodes, and most of them have a load of 3-7. Based on what you posted, our web hosting should perform far better than the latter package.

FYI, our Ashburn location uses 7950X if that is the region you're looking at :-) @jsjcjsjc

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I would probably place SpeedyPage in a higher quality segment than RackNerd.

My personal experience with both hosts reflect that.

Thanked by 2speedypage dev_vps
  • Speedypage kinda premium at least for me. Because they use Ryzen in all locations. Most of them are owned hardwares.

Thanked by 2speedypage greentea
  • nvmenvme Member

There is no comparison, speedypage has 7950X, no cap on disk speeds and includes Bunnycdn as well. The sites load fast, even without any caching plugin

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • mrTommrTom Member

I also use speedypage for a customer project. And their page is really speedy, would recommend going with them.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • rober7rober7 Member

I used Speedy for over an year now, both shared and VPS hosting and i can confirm they are fast. I recommend them

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • I use speedy, aside from the speedy hardware, support is really fast when I need it.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • cie25cie25 Member

I use both of them, and I can confidently say that the performance of speedypage is better

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • JasonMJasonM Member

@EthernetServers said: Pretty much. The hardware isn't really relevant. If the Ryzen has 5,000 cPanel accounts with very busy DB usage, and the E3 has 100 cPanel accounts with very little DB usage, there's a good chance the E3 will run circles around the Ryzen.

agree with it. It depends upon the total users and their usages on that node. For me, Racknerd 3.x clock speed is blazing fast and so do the Myw (amd ryzen 4.x clock speed). So CPU doesn't matters a lot.

RAM might matter if you are using heavy wordpress plugins.

I/O anything more than 10 MB/s is good for shared hosting. You'll hardly reach that I/O when normal browsing your site. So if any host is offering unlimited I/O its of no use unless you want to take heavy backups/restore data.

same with IOPS, NPROC, EPROC, etc. my WP site with 10K u.v. daily is below 35 NPROC/EPROC on average.

INODE is total file count. Useful only if you have tons of posts/images/emails saved. I've external S3/b2 for images. So all I save is post. A wp site with 5000 text post uses around 20MB of space. Now calculate the space. An average website will never need more than 10GB of space. You are actually paying extra to the host if you are purchasing anything beyond 10GB space if you don't intend to fill that up, for example, if you are using multiple sites, or hosting for your clients.

• I know @dustinc nodes vary quite a bit, they use to be SSD cached vs PureSSD but he is probably better at explaining the setup

• ZerpyZerpy Member

SpeedyPage hardware is superior.

• @speedypage said:
    I can confirm that we do not oversell any of our cPanel nodes, and most of them have a load of 3-7. Based on what you posted, our web hosting should perform far better than the latter package.

FYI, our Ashburn location uses 7950X if that is the region you're looking at :-) @jsjcjsjc

Hello, any discount or offer for LET?

• speedypage

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited July 2023

@golario said: Hello, any discount or offer for LET?

They already cheap enough, and more over it's Ryzen, which is very hard to sell, because of memory limitation only 128GB.

But you could use LET10OFF recurring.

Thanked by 1golario
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Haven’t used the other one but can surely say SpeedyPage is worth the try. Currently hosting 2 production wordpress sites(not too heavy) and haven’t heard a single complain from my clients.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JasonM said: agree with it. It depends upon the total users and their usages on that node. For me, Racknerd 3.x clock speed is blazing fast and so do the Myw (amd ryzen 4.x clock speed). So CPU doesn't matters a lot.

Indeed!

[root@wde1 ~]# uptime
    14:05:09 up 925 days, 17:15, 1 user, load average: 7.42, 6.54, 6.17

--

We also do our best to keep the load down :-). This one will be migrated to 7950X once it hits 1k days uptime.

• @febryanvaldo said:

@golario said: Hello, any discount or offer for LET?

They already cheap enough, [...]

a little bit (more) always goes

But you could use LET10OFF recurring.

Thanked by 1golario
  • some test from WordPress Hosting Benchmark tool
    hostbrr

racknerd

speedypage

visualwebtechnologies

@golario said:

@speedypage said:

LET20OFF will give you 20% off recurring on all of our web hosting plans :-)

Thanked by 2golario greentea
  • @speedypage said:

@golario said:

@speedypage said:

if i start with starter and then want to switch to higher plans later, will the 30% discount remain?

@hyperblast said:

@speedypage said:

@golario said:

@speedypage said:

if i start with starter and then want to switch to higher plans later, will the 30% discount remain?

The discount would scale with upgrades, yes, it also applies to annual plans.

• I was a customer of speedypage and i can vouch for their support. Fast and helpful. I had an older vps with an intel cpu so cant say much to their amd setup.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • I've had better luck with Speedypage overall than Racknerd. From my experience, they're two separate classes of providers, with Speedypage being more premium (in both specs and support)

Thanked by 1speedypage