Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostragons.com is a thief who stole over $13,000 from my credit card - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostragons.com is a thief who stole over $13,000 from my credit card

Comments

• @PineappleM said:

@Ght said:
    And thats the reason i would never buy servers with credit card avoid at all costs.

Then what would you buy them with? Crypto? Debit (which is worse)? PayPal?

I would personally use some reloadable/prepaid virtual card and not one linked to my bank account/ credit card

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@kasodk said:
    Well, it doesn't look like they have a valid WHMCS license or a valid cPanel license for their servers. And they are reselling hostlab.com, which sells pirated server software.

MX points to Russia, so it's a typical scammer setup.

The above should have been a red light.

To help others, it might be a good idea to report both hostlab.com and hostragons.com to their upstreams when the chargeback process is over.

I hope you get your money back.

All of their Google "reviews" are within the last month also (all 5* of course). It's a new Limited company registered in the UK and just using the generic address you can use when registering.

Seems like there are quite a few red flags when you look around.

• @iKeyZ said:

@kasodk said:
    Well, it doesn't look like they have a valid WHMCS license or a valid cPanel license for their servers. And they are reselling hostlab.com, which sells pirated server software.

MX points to Russia, so it's a typical scammer setup.

The above should have been a red light.

To help others, it might be a good idea to report both hostlab.com and hostragons.com to their upstreams when the chargeback process is over.

I hope you get your money back.

All of their Google "reviews" are within the last month also (all 5* of course). It's a new Limited company registered in the UK and just using the generic address you can use when registering.

Seems like there are quite a few red flags when you look around.

And, of course, the Director is Turkish and lives in Turkey.

• @msallak1 said:
    I would personally use some reloadable/prepaid virtual card and not one linked to my bank account/ credit card

Issue with that is some payment processors (notoriously PayPal) disallow prepaid cards. It's evil especially if you have sufficient funds in the card to pay but yeah I've had little luck with using prepaid without at least getting caught in some anti-fraud check (if not outright declined).

Also depending on whether you live in the same country as host, declining a bad charge from your card may not be the end of the story, as they could still pursue debt collection if the charge is big enough (regardless of whether it's erroneous or not).

• I always put my visa card to zero money for online payments. I didnt trust any company to get my money for auto payment even with google, OVH and other big companies i never give them my trust because i don't know when they become evil and took down my money without permission.

• GhtGht Member

@PineappleM said:

@Ght said:
    And thats the reason i would never buy servers with credit card avoid at all costs.

PayPal Only

• I heard some guys talking on TikTok live, they operate shops just for getting credit card details.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2023

This is a previous shelf company from https://www.cfsformations.com/. The reviewers are obvious bots, and theres shit tons of SEO spamming backlinks.

Looks pretty much like fraud operation. Company owner is turkish equivalent of John Doe.

I wonder how hes gonna run with the money though. Probly via some mules who dont know where it's from but will just withdraw it before its chargebacked and move it over via WU or Amal Express or some other nigerian money transfer service.

• AltesAltes Member

@stefeman said:
    This is a previous shelf company from https://www.cfsformations.com/. The reviewers are obvious bots, and theres shit tons of SEO spamming backlinks.

Looks pretty much like fraud operation. Company owner is turkish equivalent of John Doe.

I wonder how hes gonna run with the money though. Probly via some mules who dont know where it's from but will just withdraw it before its chargebacked and move it over via WU or Amal Express or some other nigerian money transfer service.

Same guy has had a Turkish hosting company since 2013/2015 so it would be dumb as shit to do that, honestly.. especially considering he's expanding into the global market now. My best guess is that he didn't have anything to do with it. If he did, he's a moron if he thought he'd ever get to see that cash, and would also lose his abilities as a merchant.

• @Altes said:

@stefeman said:

Same guy has had a Turkish hosting company since 2013/2015 so it would be dumb as shit to do that, honestly.. especially considering he's expanding into the global market now. My best guess is that he didn't have anything to do with it. If he did, he's a moron if he thought he'd ever get to see that cash, and would also lose his abilities as a merchant.

Maybe he needs money for something emergency that makes it worth doing it? idk

• @jmaxwell said:

@gbzret4d said:

@LTniger said:
    What a lucky bastard. I receive bank call if my internet expenditures goes above 200€ in single transaction, because I'am poor bastard.

My bank contacted me when i have send some money to my girlfriend for concert cards and i wrote "plutonium 239" in the purpose field

Next time write something like “For ISIS fund” and watch someone else contact

some guy actually wrote, for brain, for head etc on paypal when he was buying brains and heads lol

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kxxjz/braiiiiiiiiins-alleged-harvard-human-remains-trafficker-left-paypal-notes

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited July 2023

@neverain said:

@jmaxwell said:

@gbzret4d said:

@LTniger said:
    What a lucky bastard. I receive bank call if my internet expenditures goes above 200€ in single transaction, because I'am poor bastard.

My bank contacted me when i have send some money to my girlfriend for concert cards and i wrote "plutonium 239" in the purpose field

Next time write something like “For ISIS fund” and watch someone else contact

some guy actually wrote, for brain, for head etc on paypal when he was buying brains and heads lol

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kxxjz/braiiiiiiiiins-alleged-harvard-human-remains-trafficker-left-paypal-notes

I doubt that he is the only guy that has gotten in trouble because of for head payment notes. :D

• neel_qeruneel_qeru Member, Host Rep

@PineappleM said:

Most people pay for their servers with PayPal. I run a VPS host and its like 75-80% PP.

• DotDot Member

I don't have a credit card but I have setup my debit card to not allow more than a 20 USD per transaction.
    Works pretty well imo.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • I've called the police and that's all I can do now. They don't respond to any questions

• emghemgh Member

@spoit_sun said:
    I've called the police and that's all I can do now. They don't respond to any questions

Bruh

• @spoit_sun said:
    I've called the police and that's all I can do now. They don't respond to any questions

dude call your bank or whoever issued your credit card and dispute these charges.

• 1.Call your card issue bank. Ask your bank to charge back these transactions. (Should do it now.)
    2. Call your local police and report a crime for record.
    3. Terminate or replace your current card.

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2023

@chakraxzz said:

@spoit_sun said:

dude call your bank or whoever issued your credit card and dispute these charges.

@Edward_S said:
    1.Call your card issue bank. Ask your bank to charge back these transactions. (Should do it now.)

Read the thread guys

He constantly ignores any advice and does the complete opposite and have done so for 3 pages

This has been shared with him, probably 25+ times now

I hate scams but this is the reason that they thrive

• no paypal, no deal

• VoidVoid Member

@emgh said:

@chakraxzz said:

@spoit_sun said:

@Edward_S said:
    1.Call your card issue bank. Ask your bank to charge back these transactions. (Should do it now.)

Read the thread guys

He constantly ignores any advice and does the complete opposite and have done so for 3 pages

Perhaps they're from a country where credit cards and banks operate differently than in the rest of the world.

Thanked by 2emgh kdh
  • kdhkdh Member

@jmaxwell said:

@emgh said:

@chakraxzz said:

@spoit_sun said:

@Edward_S said:

Read the thread guys

Perhaps they're from a country where credit cards and banks operate differently than in the rest of the world.

Coz he'll lose social credits if he don't call the cops :wink:

• r0xzr0xz Member

sure, the police are going to issue an interpol red notice now, and you still won't get your money back. l0l-

• asdatasdasdatasd Member
    edited July 2023

@emgh said: ? You can open a dispute on a debit card as well

>
    This is a misconception and is incorrect in majority of countries, when you use your debit card, it is tied to either VISA or MC, you get the same protections as a credit card though the money is usually deducted right away rather than you being loaned the credit.

Edit: I quoted the wrong response, it was about debit not offering the same protection.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited July 2023

@emgh said:

@szymonp said:

@emgh said:
    Credit cards > Debit cards

I have an issue with my debit card = I’m fucked

? You can open a dispute on a debit card as well

You can, but your rights are very limited in comparison

Yes, and usually Debit Card disputes takes longer to settle, as compared to Credit Cards.

Credit Card = Bank's money.

Debit Card = Your money :smiley:

• Credit Card = Banks money.

Normally yes, but not always. For example some banks in my country offer credit card without any credit limit and market them as debit cards. Weird shit.

• emghemgh Member

@asdatasd said:

@emgh said: ? You can open a dispute on a debit card as well

>
    This is a misconception and is incorrect in majority of countries, when you use your debit card, it is tied to either VISA or MC, you get the same protections as a credit card though the money is usually deducted right away rather than you being loaned the credit.

Banks encourage credit cards by providing benefits. Often in the form of insurances

In Sweden at least, very hard to find a credit card without some form of travel insurance

Thanked by 1kdh
  • @emgh said: Banks encourage credit cards by providing benefits. Often in the form of insurances

In Sweden at least, very hard to find a credit card without some form of travel insurance

That may be the case as they want people to spend money they don't have or upsell insurance products you don't need. However a bundled insurance product by the bank is unrelated to protections offered by the card processor to debit/credit.

• @emgh said:

@chakraxzz said:

@spoit_sun said:

@Edward_S said:

Read the thread guys

Sorry for not responding to you in the first time, I have already done so, thank you very much for your suggestion

Thanked by 1bbq
  • emghemgh Member

@asdatasd said:

@emgh said: Banks encourage credit cards by providing benefits. Often in the form of insurances

That may be the case as they want people to spend money they don't have or upsell insurance products you don't need. However a bundled insurance product by the bank is unrelated to protections offered by the card processor to debit/credit.

Yes, but that dosen’t matter to the end consumer, what matters is the actual protection, no matter who’s actually providing it