Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostragons.com is a thief who stole over $13,000 from my credit card - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostragons.com is a thief who stole over $13,000 from my credit card

Comments

• @szymonp said: I just use a card that has a 30 dollar limit ¯(ツ)

Or just use Debit Card B) Top up when you just need it.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited July 2023

@szymonp said:

@febryanvaldo said:
    That's why i prefer crypto payment or PayPal one time payment.

I just use a card that has a 30 dollar limit ¯_(ツ)_/¯

For UK/US/CA (unsure who else they support), one-time use or individualized card numbers (with the option of setting specific limits): https://www.revolut.com/en-US/

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @febryanvaldo said:

@szymonp said: I just use a card that has a 30 dollar limit ¯(ツ)

Or just use Debit Card B) Top up when you just need it.

Yeah should have been more clear, it is a debit card, I don't have any credit cards since I don't need debt lol

• aliletalilet Member

@wii747 said:
    that's why I always use PayPal, never give out your card details

Real men use debit card with no limit.

• emghemgh Member

Credit cards > Debit cards

I have an issue with my debit card = I’m fucked

I have an issue with my credit card = I open an app, mark the transaction, get my money back instantly and they contact me afterwards if they need any clearification

• @emgh said:

? You can open a dispute on a debit card as well

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2023

@szymonp said:

@emgh said:

You can, but your rights are very limited in comparison

• @emgh said:

@szymonp said:

@emgh said:

Maybe, I've never had a credit card. I just use paypal or trusted e-commerce websites when buying anything > 20 bucks

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2023

@szymonp said:

@emgh said:

@szymonp said:

@emgh said:

Maybe, I've never had a credit card. I just use paypal or trusted e-commerce websites when buying anything > 20 bucks

That’s good protection as well

When I was in Prague with friends a scetchy club charged a lot of people for drinks that they then ”couldn’t make” and also they sadly couldn’t provide anyone with a receipt

They took everyones details for a refund but I seemingly was the only one who knew that nobody will never see that money ever again

I was lucky I paid with my credit card, I had no proof of the scam at all since they didin’t even hand a receipt over, but I got refunded anyway (not by the club obiously, by Klarna, my credit card company)

I think they lost quite a bit ok me (I hope anyway..) because I think Klarna charges them/their bank for the time to resolve the issue too

Point is, no way I’d gotten the money back had I used my debit card

(Klarna = Sofort)

Thanked by 1kdh
  • kasodkkasodk Barred

Well, it doesn't look like they have a valid WHMCS license or a valid cPanel license for their servers. And they are reselling hostlab.com, which sells pirated server software.

MX points to Russia, so it's a typical scammer setup.

The above should have been a red light.

To help others, it might be a good idea to report both hostlab.com and hostragons.com to their upstreams when the chargeback process is over.

I hope you get your money back.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

The biggest red spot is the name host rag on! No pad or nothing!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @kasodk said: Well, it doesn't look like they have a valid WHMCS license or a valid cPanel license for their servers.

You'd think after lifting $13k out off someones credit card they could afford a cPanel/WHMCS license.

• @kasodk said: MX points to Russia, so it's a typical scammer setup.

you assume because its hosted in russia its dodgy? it may be but i detect russophobia

• emghemgh Member

@TarZZ92 said:

@kasodk said: MX points to Russia, so it's a typical scammer setup.

you assume because its hosted in russia its dodgy? it may be but i detect russophobia

Defrauding westeners is easier to get away with in Russia compared to in the west

It’s not russophobia it’s just how it is

Also, a phobia is an imagined fear

A fear of a country threatening the world with nukes every 15 minutes therefore by definition can’t be a phobia

There you go

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@CheepCluck said:

@kasodk said: Well, it doesn't look like they have a valid WHMCS license or a valid cPanel license for their servers.

You'd think after lifting $13k out off someones credit card they could afford a cPanel/WHMCS license.

No Bro. Why? Cracked Works.
    Need to buy new Mercedes Benz. Just Racking up some Money

Thanked by 2emgh CheepCluck
  • LeviLevi Member

What a lucky bastard. I receive bank call if my internet expenditures goes above 200€ in single transaction, because I'am poor bastard.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@SirFoxy said: Banks don't allow their money to be stolen. Open and shut dispute.

Always fun with hostile banks though...

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

wasn't there some other host that did the same not too long ago? One of the UK scam kids.

Francisco

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@LTniger said:
    What a lucky bastard. I receive bank call if my internet expenditures goes above 200€ in single transaction, because I'am poor bastard.

"Are you really sure you want to waste the rest of your savings balance on 'RACKNERD STRIPE'?"

• LeviLevi Member

@wdmg said:

@LTniger said:

"Are you really sure you want to waste the rest of your savings balance on 'RACKNERD STRIPE'?"

Nah, I have vultr servers. Name "vultr" seems is banking trojan name, so every single time I pay for servers I receive call from grumpy dude.

Interesting enough, when I pay for puremature subscription - no call.

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2023

@wdmg said:

@LTniger said:

”Lmao ok, get a grip man”

”Don’t say we didn’t warn you”

• @wii747 said:

I had problems with paypal but never had any troubles when to chargeback directly through my credit card. Paypal is also a "scam"

• @szymonp said:

@febryanvaldo said:
    That's why i prefer crypto payment or PayPal one time payment.

I just use a card that has a 30 dollar limit ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Use Revolut. Each payment is a new generated card

• @gbzret4d said:

@wii747 said:

I had problems with paypal but never had any troubles when to chargeback directly through my credit card. Paypal is also a "scam"

I never had a single issue with paypal as a buyer

• @LTniger said:

My bank contacted me when i have send some money to my girlfriend for concert cards and i wrote "plutonium 239" in the purpose field

• VoidVoid Member

@gbzret4d said:

@LTniger said:

My bank contacted me when i have send some money to my girlfriend for concert cards and i wrote "plutonium 239" in the purpose field

Next time write something like “For ISIS fund” and watch someone else contact

• neel_qeruneel_qeru Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2023

While we do offer Stripe, there's a reason why most LET users use PayPal. It's not like AWS where Amazon can say screw PayPal.

For low end VPS customers, you can't trust about anyone. It also helps to not have to remember your CC details for each mom-and-pop host.

PayPal isn't perfect. Their support isn't great, when compared to banks or brokerages. JPMorgan Chase, Fidelity, Charles Schwab/TD Ameritrade, Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, and multiple credit unions all have better support than PayPal. But unlike Robinhood (where it's always better to take Fidelity), PayPal is hard to replace, and hence why we keep using it.

While PayPal has a disadvantage for merchants versus Stripe: high fees. But the market demands it, Qeru isn't AWS or Azure to say "screw PayPal", even if I am also employed by one of those companies (but not on cloud).

• afnafn Member
    edited July 2023

I have been stolen by them for more than 13000 dollars in total. Can someone tell me some useful ways to get the money back as soon as possible

2 things

for the future, use ininal kart
    for the present, this is a credit card, there is something called "chargeback", call your bank. Simply say there have unauthorized purchases with your card.

Money may take up to 6 months to return, but it will eventually return.

I even did a chargeback with debit cards before. So no matter what card type you have, still contact your bank.

Please be aware that even ininal kart supports chargeback, but obviously will money will be lost until they return it.

• GhtGht Member
    edited July 2023

What are you doing here bro you should contact police asap and get your money back. Dont lose time. And thats the reason i would never buy servers with credit card avoid at all costs.

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited July 2023

@Ght said:
    And thats the reason i would never buy servers with credit card avoid at all costs.

Then what would you buy them with? Crypto? Debit (which is worse)? PayPal?