Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostragons.com is a thief who stole over $13,000 from my credit card
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostragons.com is a thief who stole over $13,000 from my credit card

I haven't used the mailbox all the time. Today I accidentally saw some bills. Oh my god, the total is more than 10,000 US dollars. Because this credit card is used by our company, and I am the owner of the company, our financial staff always thought that I was paying these fees and purchasing more services. Also my fault for not checking. gave hostragons.com a chance to be a thief, omg they stole a whole $13000 from me

Thanked by 2KaanArs the_doctor

Comments

• this is why you should never trust any webhost with your card details, they free to steal money whenever they want.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • How can you do that, these thieves

• I don't know if I can get the money back

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@spoit_sun said:
    I don't know if I can get the money back

If it's unauthorized, you could ask for a refund. If they don't supply one, you can generally dispute it with your credit card / bank.

Thanked by 2yoursunny emgh
  • I'm really sad why service providers do such a thing. Why be a thief? Don't they have a little awe, a little fear?

• chargeback immediately.

• this costs them so go for chargeback

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • nick_nick_ Member

That sucks. Hope you get all the money back asap.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@spoit_sun said:
    I'm really sad why service providers do such a thing. Why be a thief? Don't they have a little awe, a little fear?

Generally, any provider who does this at the CREDIT CARD of the customer where the customer just can chargeback to get back his money easily. is STUPID. Provider just fuck up himself.

Thats a point where i dont believe a provider would do it.

I see alot of "Illegal High Line Usage (DDoS Attack reason)"

Maybe your account got hacked, someone ordered servers and used them for sending ddos attacks?

Any words from the provider?

• ZreindZreind Member

Go chargeback. You have a chance to get your money back.

• spoit_sunspoit_sun Member
    edited July 2023

How dare he talk so shamelessly that these services are being installed?
    It's been months and nothing is available in my service

*** Image redacted by moderator ****

Thanked by 1Zreind
  • @HostSlick said:

@spoit_sun said:
    I'm really sad why service providers do such a thing. Why be a thief? Don't they have a little awe, a little fear?

Generally, any provider who does this at the CREDIT CARD of the customer where the customer just can chargeback to get back his money easily. is STUPID. Provider just fuck up himself.

Maybe your account got hacked, someone ordered servers and used them for sending ddos attacks?

I don't think I lost my password, I have a different random password for each site

• @spoit_sun said:

@HostSlick said:

@spoit_sun said:

I don't think I lost my password, I have a different random password for each site

Assuming someone actually used my account to purchase these services, why didn't they appear in my list of services?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited July 2023

@wdmg said:

@spoit_sun said:
    I don't know if I can get the money back

If it's unauthorized, you could ask for a refund. If they don't supply one, you can generally dispute it with your credit card / bank.

@spoit_sun said:
    Because this credit card is used by our company

Good thing it isn't on your debit, that's another story.
    Banks don't allow their money to be stolen. Open and shut dispute.

You have what, like 120 days for unauthorized purchases? It’s usually the easiest to file with the longest protection period, depending on the card.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

@spoit_sun said:

@spoit_sun said:

@HostSlick said:

@spoit_sun said:

Assuming someone actually used my account to purchase these services, why didn't they appear in my list of services?

Ok now i got it.

This is strange indeed. Then it looks like a manually created invoice by Administrator.

In WHMCS no matter if customer or Administrator places Order, it should appear in "My Services". Pending, Active or whatever.

Unlike the order was removed. Then not anymore. Something is then going on indeed.

• I am sorry for my carelessness. I am also angry for this service provider's shameless behavior. I think they deserve the harshest punishment. God will not forgive them

• emghemgh Member

@spoit_sun said:
    I am sorry for my carelessness. I am also angry for this service provider's shameless behavior. I think they deserve the harshest punishment. God will not forgive them

In this case I think it's up to your credit card company and not God but whatever

• I have been stolen by them for more than 13000 dollars in total. Can someone tell me some useful ways to get the money back as soon as possible

• emghemgh Member

@spoit_sun said: I have been stolen by them for more than 13000 dollars in total. Can someone tell me some useful ways to get the money back as soon as possible

People already have

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited July 2023

If I am reading that image right, it looks like all the bogus charges were posted this month, so you caught it in good time. Don't bother with the merchant, your first call should be to your credit card company. If you've been a good customer with your card company and haven't disputed frequently in the past, they will claw the money back from the hosting company and return it to you.

You did the right thing of using a credit card instead of debit. Call your bank before your card statement comes due and they will temporarily remove the charge from your statement while they investigate. If your bank offers an app that pings you for every real-time charge that is posted to your account, I suggest installing it on your phone so you will be immediately notified if anything absurd is charged.

All the best!

@spoit_sun said:

That's another funny thing... it should not take 11 days (July 9) or 3 days (July 17) for a service to appear.

Thanked by 1Void
  • emghemgh Member

What's a Ragon anyway?

Thanked by 2raindog308 kdh
  • PagePage Member

Under normal circumstances, if any additional services are added, the customer should be notified instead of creating an Invocie without authorization. And, if the user didn't buy the anti-DDOS service, the provider can suspend the service instead of creating a huge invoice, so the suspicion of fraud is really big, and you should get a refund.

But you paid with a credit card, which would be very difficult to trace back unless you initiate legal action against the provider state to recover the money.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2023

@emgh said:
    What's a Ragon anyway?

Ragon (ラゴン) are a race of aquatic humanoid monsters that were generally reclusive but easily provoked. A pair appeared on the island of Iwanejima and a mutated one appeared terrorizing the seaside some time later.

OP, be careful.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited July 2023

These are the guys that stole your money OP.

Thanked by 4MikeA ntlx raindog308 kdh
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Redacted an image which contains OP's IP.

@spoit_sun - Some of your screenshots contains your details/name so if you would like me to remove them, let me know.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • wii747wii747 Member

that's why I always use PayPal, never give out your card details

Thanked by 1ManishPant
  • emghemgh Member
    edited July 2023

@wii747 said:
    that's why I always use PayPal, never give out your card details

You can initiate a charge with a PayPal linked payment method the same way you can through Stripe etc

I supose you mean doing one-time PayPal payments, but that’s often possible with card gateways as well

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited July 2023

That's why i prefer crypto payment or PayPal one time payment.

Thanked by 2neverain sillycat
  • if you never asked for these services and they never even appeared in you services list .Go to your bank with these invoices and file a chargeback. it should be easy to get them back.

• @febryanvaldo said:
    That's why i prefer crypto payment or PayPal one time payment.

I just use a card that has a 30 dollar limit ¯_(ツ)_/¯