Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long term VPS suggestion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Long term VPS suggestion

DigiGoonDigiGoon Member
edited May 2023 in General

I want a VPS which I wanna keep long-term. I went with Contabo first, then Netcup's plans appealed to me and now I'm lurking on the website of HostBrr, which has some new-gen CPUs and RAMs which doesn't break my budget. So, I'm again thinking of hopping on to another VPS provider. But I don't know the reputations of many reliable hosts, hence I'm here asking you guys to help me. :smile:

Requirements:
4 vCores
8GB RAM (Preferably DDR5)
min 100GB NvME Storage
Budget is max $20.

Usecase:
Hosting multiple websites, mostly WordPress using CyberPanel. (If any better way to host the WP websites then I'm open for suggestions)

PS: I want some reliable and stable hosts, which I can keep for a long time. Currently thinking about HostBrr due to their lucrative pricing and specs.

Comments

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

In which location do you need it? You didn't specify it.

• @LowHosting said:
    In which location do you need it? You didn't specify it.

Thanks for pointing out, I updated.

• hyena56hyena56 Member

https://avoro.eu/de/nvme-vserver/

20GB short of your storage requirements but has a double RAM of your requirements, they can surely be for production (as I have tested and still on them, no downtimes for the last 3 months). And has a latest hardware. Also read reviews here about them they're also known as PHP-Friends

Thanked by 1DigiGoon
  • JabJabJabJab Member

@DigiGoon said: Location: Singapore or EU (Singapore preferred)

You should decide if you want EU or Singapore as those are two different worlds, with different pricings.

• NanjaNanja Member

Advinservers still have EU location available. Singapore sold out.

(I've never been a customer, they seem to be doing good though.)

You can get what you want for $16/month double your resource requirements.
    32GB DDR4 not DDR5 though.

• @JabJab said:

@DigiGoon said: Location: Singapore or EU (Singapore preferred)

You should decide if you want EU or Singapore as those are two different worlds, with different pricings.

I wrote Singapore preferable, so I'll choose Singapore over EU.

• ZreindZreind Member

If u want reliability, then use Hetzner. Don't expose your public ip to public (proxy with Cloudflare) and u will be fine against layer 7 attacks (Also layer 4 because they can't show your servers ip)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If you're looking for a keeper and if you can also stretch your budget slightly, I would highly recommend LiteServer's NVME-8G.

NVME-8G

Reliable and stable.

• I am very satisfied with ExtraVM's ( @MikeA ) Singapore server.

• I forgot to mention, Netcup provides dedicated cores, do any of these provider gives dedicated or they are shared?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I'm out of stock in Singapore right now but if you want to wait a week or so I'll have more space available and can do something for you maybe around your price.

https://extravm.com/billing/store/kvm-vps-singapore-ddos

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited May 2023

Have you considered giving Hetzner a try? Their cloud and dedicated hosting services are renowned for their unbeaten value and exceptional reliability, making them an excellent choice for long-term usage.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2023

Hi @DigiGoon we can offer you same spec at our Singapore and Zurich Location.

4 vCore ( Shared Core)
    8GB DDR4 RAM
    100GB NVMe Storage
    5TB Bandwith @ 1Gbps Port Speed (Shared)
    Price $20/month recurring

Looking Glass:
    Zurich, CH - https://ch.lg.kuroit.com/
    Singapore - https://sg.lg.kuroit.com/

If interested, register an account at my.kuroit.com and DM me your registered email ID.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Glad to see your considering us. You've probably seen our 7950XD-8GBrr perfectly meets your requirements and price point if not this is what can be offered.
    4 vCore AMD Ryzen 9 7950XD
    8 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    150 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    20000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    1 IPv4 & IPv6/80 included
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Germany

Just $18 a month with code 10OFFBRR. It's normally for quarterly payments but can make it monthly on the larger plans.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

I can do that with 6 GB ram and SSD in Romania, if interested.
    8 GB RAM -> +5.00 EUR

• emghemgh Member

Let me guess, you’re addicted and this isn’t long-term at all; you just like the planning.

Don’t take it the wrong way, been there (sometimes still am).

• SauronSauron Member
    edited May 2023

Hostens provides 8GB virtual machine for $15, but only if you pay triennially. However, the diak space it is a little bit less than you need. I did not use this host, so I cannot tell you how reliable it is.

• Netcup RS2000 would fit perfectly.

• @emgh said:
    Let me guess, you’re addicted and this isn’t long-term at all; you just like the planning.

Sorry but you are wrong, it definitely is long term, its just that if I get more perf at the price I'm paying for low perf then why not? And Netcup sometimes gives me connection time outs (once in a day).

• @labze said:
    Glad to see your considering us. You've probably seen our 7950XD-8GBrr perfectly meets your requirements and price point if not this is what can be offered.
    8 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    150 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Germany

Just $18 a month with code 10OFFBRR. It's normally for quarterly payments but can make it monthly on the larger plans.

Are these 4vCores dedicated or shared?

• @ManishPant said:
    Hi @DigiGoon we can offer you same spec at our Singapore and Zurich Location.

4 vCore ( Shared Core)
    8GB DDR4 RAM
    100GB NVMe Storage
    5TB Bandwith @ 1Gbps Port Speed (Shared)
    Price $20/month recurring

Looking Glass:
    Zurich, CH - https://ch.lg.kuroit.com/
    Singapore - https://sg.lg.kuroit.com/

If interested, register an account at my.kuroit.com and DM me your registered email ID.

Which CPU is it?

• @alt_ said:
    Have you considered giving Hetzner a try? Their cloud and dedicated hosting services are renowned for their unbeaten value and exceptional reliability, making them an excellent choice for long-term usage.

Isn't their cloud plans a bit pricier then the competitors?

@DigiGoon said:

@labze said:
    8 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    150 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Germany

They are shared. However, you can pretty much use them as if they were dedicated, and they also perform as if they were.

Thanked by 1DigiGoon
  • @labze said:

@DigiGoon said:

@labze said:
    8 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    150 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Germany

They are shared. However, you can pretty much use them as if they were dedicated, and they also perform as if they were.

Can you give me YABS of that please? The one you shared.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2023

@emgh said:

Until he realizes how much work and problems he needs to resolve everytime he moves...

Edit: unless he's paid by the hour for this work. (I tried to wave a garbage truck by while crossing the road yesterday and he wouldn't budge. He said, "I'm paid by the hour, I'm never in a rush").

Thanked by 1emgh

@DigiGoon said:

@labze said:

@DigiGoon said:

@labze said:
    8 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    150 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Germany

Sure. I'll post one in 30 minutes or so.

Thanked by 1DigiGoon
  • @TimboJones said:

@emgh said:

Until he realizes how much work and problems he needs to resolve everytime he moves...

Edit: unless he's paid by the hour for this work. (I tried to wave a garbage truck by while crossing the road yesterday and he wouldn't budge. He said, "I'm paid by the hour, I'm never in a rush").

I don't know why you guys think such 😅. I'm a DevOps engineer by profession and I handle 10s of server everyday so I pretty much know what problems might arise if I move. But since I know that I don't need to move data and I'm currently hopping from provider to provider setting up my website and testing it out, hence I'm okay to move. And since it became time consuming for me I'm here so that the users themselves can help me out with their experiences.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything, obviously you are saying this from experience but I'm just putting it out there so that this thread doesn't get any more comments like I'm not a long term client or I'm just hopping or I'm just addicted or any such thing. Coz I want to keep it clean with comments regarding reviews from users and hosting providers themselves, so that it can help me and other users who have same questions as me.

• @DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@emgh said:

I don't know why you guys think such 😅. I'm a DevOps engineer by profession and I handle 10s of server everyday so I pretty much know what problems might arise if I move. But since I know that I don't need to move data and I'm currently hopping from provider to provider setting up my website and testing it out, hence I'm okay to move. And since it became time consuming for me I'm here so that the users themselves can help me out with their experiences.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything, obviously you are saying this from experience but I'm just putting it out there so that this thread doesn't get any more comments like I'm not a long term client or I'm just hopping or I'm just addicted or any such thing. Coz I want to keep it clean with comments regarding reviews from users and hosting providers themselves, so that it can help me and other users who have same questions as me.

You've only established you want the best price and don't have a track record of any lengthy VPS. Re-read your first post. It's all about price and budget and no specific complaints to overcome or avoid.
    You'd be more believable stating the criteria that would make you stay put, like a specific location, hardware, panel used, etc. You've mainly said you want the best for lowest price, which is never a long term thing.

Thanked by 2emgh khalequzzaman

@DigiGoon said:

@labze said:

@DigiGoon said:

@labze said:
    8 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    150 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    1 Backup slot included
    Hosted in Germany

Here ya go

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 4192.140 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.7 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 150.0 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-20-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 615.99 MB/s (153.9k) | 1.85 GB/s    (28.9k)
    Write      | 617.62 MB/s (154.4k) | 1.86 GB/s    (29.1k)
    Total      | 1.23 GB/s   (308.4k) | 3.71 GB/s    (58.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 2.24 GB/s     (4.3k) | 2.61 GB/s     (2.5k)
    Write      | 2.36 GB/s     (4.6k) | 2.78 GB/s     (2.7k)
    Total      | 4.61 GB/s     (9.0k) | 5.40 GB/s     (5.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 933 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec   | 16.3 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 21.4 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | 936 Mbits/sec   | 10.4 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 861 Mbits/sec   | 637 Mbits/sec   | 91.1 ms        
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 723 Mbits/sec   | 197 Mbits/sec   | 162 ms         
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 821 Mbits/sec   | 417 Mbits/sec   | 122 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 780 Mbits/sec   | 326 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms     

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 2022                          
    Multi Core      | 6748                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21254388

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 2696