Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long term VPS suggestion - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Long term VPS suggestion

13»

Comments

• @TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@emgh said:

@TimboJones said: You'd be more believable stating the criteria that would make you stay put, like a specific location, hardware, panel used, etc. You've mainly said you want the best for lowest price, which is never a long term thing.

Yep, last Contabo-thread started with:

"So I want a pretty much long-term server solution but under 15 USD. I purchased Contabo's CLOUD VPS S.

Then I thought, "I forgot to check LET, let's hop on it and check if anything new pops up", and I came across server-factory, netCup, alphavps, lowhosting, which all have tempting specs as per price."

And that was just over a little two weeks ago.

Long-term feels good tho :D

lol

Same reply to you as your trolling friend, just above 4 comments. Thanks for your input. 🙂

Why are you being the asshole when it's you asking for help? We just answered what you didn't know. You said:

I don't know why you guys think such 😅

And then gave you answers. FFS

First of all, you don't know anything about me or my "track record".
    Secondly, maybe I misunderstood, but please mind that tongue of yours.

PS: Thanks for your input. :smile:

• @DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@emgh said:

@TimboJones said: You'd be more believable stating the criteria that would make you stay put, like a specific location, hardware, panel used, etc. You've mainly said you want the best for lowest price, which is never a long term thing.

"So I want a pretty much long-term server solution but under 15 USD. I purchased Contabo's CLOUD VPS S.

Then I thought, "I forgot to check LET, let's hop on it and check if anything new pops up", and I came across server-factory, netCup, alphavps, lowhosting, which all have tempting specs as per price."

lol

Same reply to you as your trolling friend, just above 4 comments. Thanks for your input. 🙂

Why are you being the asshole when it's you asking for help? We just answered what you didn't know. You said:

You clearly misunderstood, you're still being obtuse.

• @TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@emgh said:

lol

Maybe and I wanna be obtuse. I ain't gonna use even 0.01% of my brain on your comments.

• emghemgh Member

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@emgh said:

lol

Maybe and I wanna be obtuse

Oolala

• @DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@emgh said:

lol

Maybe and I wanna be obtuse. I ain't gonna use even 0.01% of my brain on your comments.

That checks out.

• @TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@emgh said:

lol

That checks out.

Glad, it cleared your doubt.

• @DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@TimboJones said:

@DigiGoon said:

@emgh said:

lol

That checks out.

Glad, it cleared your doubt.

whoosh

• why not buyvm?

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Based on your specifications, we have VPS plans that align with your needs.
    We use AMD EPYC systems with DDR4 ECC ram.

Check out NVME-KVM-8GB (Singapore) , 4 vCores, 8GB RAM, 120GB NVMe, 10Gbit port for $19.9

Looking glass: https://lg-sg-sin.webhorizon.net/

If you have any specific questions, feel free to reach out. :)

Thanked by 1DigiGoon
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@febryanvaldo said:

@emgh said: Oolala

It had the same vibe :/

• SagnikSSagnikS Member, Host Rep

Hello! If you're still looking for something, we can offer this for $18/month:
    4 vCores @ 3.40+ GHz (Ryzen 9 5950X)
    8 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    200 GB NVMe Storage
    Unmetered Bandwidth @ 1 Gbit/s (shared, fair use)
    1 IPv4 Address

If you need a benchmark, let me know. This is located in Frankfurt, Germany.

Thanked by 1Advin
  • BetaRacksBetaRacks Member
    edited May 2023

contabo is the best.

Thanked by 1DigiGoon
  • @BetaRacks said:

contabo is the best.

Maybe wait until Black Friday first? I used to have a bunch with them spread over the globe and last BF non of them is responsive enough. At approx. 80% package lost they might as well be offline.

That lead me here, since then @greencoludvps and @hosthatch has been abusing my wallet extensively!

• @hades_corps said:

80% package lost they might as well be offline.

I believe you live in a "very unique" country or location
    Because in most countries there is no loss
    You can see this in ping.sx or other test tools

Also, I've only had one network problem in history, and I sent the mtr test results to contabo support.
    contabo solved the problem within half an hour.

• @BetaRacks said:

@hades_corps said:

80% package lost they might as well be offline.

I believe you live in a "very unique" country or location
    Because in most countries there is no loss
    You can see this in ping.sx or other test tools

Also, I've only had one network problem in history, and I sent the mtr test results to contabo support.
    contabo solved the problem within half an hour.

True! Could be specific to Singapore or the particular node that 2 of my VPS is on. At the time my mind is only scrambling to migrate to multiple providers.

I do spin up a VPS with Contabo when I need to test something quickly because in term of delivery speed and features, they are awesome.

• I suggest you hetzner and time4vps

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@chiccorosso said:
    I suggest you hetzner and time4vps

Avoid time4vps had many problems with them in the past but +1 for hetzner & ourselfs :smiley:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@chiccorosso said:

Please read on about time4vps, they’re operated by a very scetchy investment firm with shady history (tax fraud if I remember correctly).

I think the previous owner sold out, and it was decent before.

• @emgh said:

@chiccorosso said:

Please read on about time4vps, they’re operated by a very scetchy investment firm with shady history (tax fraud if I remember correctly).

really? where i found it

• emghemgh Member

@chiccorosso said:

@emgh said:

@chiccorosso said:

really? where i found it

Wasn’t tax fraud, sorry.

They were bought up by MissHosting (MissGroup)

MissGroup is founded by Mattias Kaneteg

Mattias Kaneteg is previously convicted for market manipulation

https://www.affarsvarlden.se/artikel/toppchef-i-borsbolag-domd-for-kursriggning-6763672

And sure, people can change, but MissGroup act exactly like a bellend would in EVERY SINGLE SITUATION

They bought FSData, a local swedish provider

I was about to start working there (they fired me about a day prior to starting, since they were boyght up by Miss Group who couldn’t have any personell changes in the first weeks of ownership)

I could have forced them to pay my salary for the first weeks anyway, in accordance with the law, but I didn’t - I understood their situation

A few months later, a fucking crediting company calls. They say I own money to FS Data. I said I don’t

In their invoice, I see ”email service”. It was over $100 dollars if I remember correctly

Thing is, it was marketed as a fully free email. No where was any cost stated, not even in their TOS

What MissGroup did (and there’s a lot of swedish forums covering this, but no english ones I’d bet) was that they sent an email out saying basically ”our forver free email service will now be a paid product, and if you don’t cancel your forver free service within xyz days we’ll invoice you and send a collection agency to fuck you up”

That was the meaning of it anyway

I didn’t use the email anymore, so I had no idea

I tried everything, I proved how this is illegal (passively agreed contracts is illegal in Sweden), they didn’t budge. I told them how I could force them to pay me my salary (a lot more), they didn’t budge, I later claimed I wasn’t 18 (I wasn’t) and therefore the initial contract wasn’t even valid, they budged

So yeah, absolute shitheads

In my post history, a while back, you’ll see me comparing them to Hitler, it’s the only company I’ve ever done so with and I stand by it

They love money but they also love causing pain. Absolute shitheads, the worst of the industry

Thanked by 1loay
  • emghemgh Member

Fraudulent (probably) invoices sent from FSData owned by MissGroup:

https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1597854-bluffakturor-fran-fs-data

Fradulent (probably) invoices sent from MissHosting owned by MissGroup:

https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1647727-varning-for-misshosting-se

• emghemgh Member

Also, a final funny story:

An employee of MissHosting admitted to me IN THEIR OWN CHAT that he makes less compared to what he did working for ICA (our local supermarket) 🤩

• emghemgh Member

Finally, a list of connected companies (if you use these, run):

https://www.allabolag.se/bolagslista/per-fredrik-magnus-bjorklund/f426a1a400aa49ec2db1a2f165857bb2

Thanked by 1p50