Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVPN will be bought?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVPN will be bought?

sandozsandoz Veteran

Looks like the "famous" OVPN will be sold.

https://embed.kumu.io/9ced55e897e74fd807be51990b26b415#vpn-company-relationships

Clearly a bad step on the part of OVPN. In case that happens.

Still undecided by all indications. But if they are bought they will lose all credibility in my view.

Bad move, bad decision.

Thanked by 2emgh Cabbage

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

wireguard oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanked by 2ariq01 lukehebb
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

this some Swedish VPN company i've never heard of? who cares theres thousands of other companies.

• kaitkait Member
    edited May 2023

@treesmokah would have great info about this stuff.

If they get oVPN they will be apart of a big mommy company that owns hotspot shield and some other free user-data selling vpn's, bad move from oVPN, and with WeVPN stopping as well (at least wevpn is redirecting customers to windscribe)

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

And about jews too!

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said: And about jews too!

You're a professional thread derailer.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@emgh said: And about jews too!

You're a professional thread derailer.

I was for real. Missing the insights.

• LeviLevi Member

What the fuck is that diagram?!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • kaitkait Member

@emgh said: I was for real. Missing the insights.

This thread is about oVPN not about jews.

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@Neoon said:
    wireguard oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OVPN not OpenVPN

Right?

@kait said:

@emgh said: I was for real. Missing the insights.

This thread is about oVPN not about jews.

Yes, very sad that @treesmokah is gone. Would have had insights about that too otherwise!

• kaitkait Member

@LTniger said: What the fuck is that diagram?!

All the vpn companies with the mommy companies and their relations between those with databreaches and other types of ascendants.

@emgh said: OVPN not OpenVPN

Yes is just oVPN, not openvpn.

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@LTniger said: What the fuck is that diagram?!

All the vpn companies with the mommy companies and their relations between those with databreaches and other types of ascendants.

Actually extremely well put-together.

• NanjaNanja Member

Is this company better than all of those companies with lifetime plans that are usually posted here?

• emghemgh Member

@Nanja said:
    Is this company better than all of those companies with lifetime plans that are usually posted here?

Mullvad is better.

• VoidVoid Member

Ovpn or ivpn..which one is more trusted one ? > @kait said:

If they get oVPN they will be apart of a big mommy company that owns hotspot shield and some other free user-data selling vpn's, bad move from oVPN, and with WeVPN stopping as well (at least wevpn is redirecting customers to windscribe)

Bought by Kape ?
    Not gonna click that link

• kaitkait Member

@Nanja said: Is this company better

What are you looking for in a vpn? If you need a vpn (https://www.doineedavpn.com/) and care about privacy, iVPN, Mullvad, ProtonVPN, WindScribe are pretty good. If you want streaming or anything else its a bit harder but maybe have a look at nordvpn or expressvpn?

• kaitkait Member

@jmaxwell said: Ovpn or ivpn..which one is more trusted one ?

I only trust:
    1. iVPN/Mullvad
    2. WindScribe
    3. AirVPN

kinda in that order but I would go for iVPN and Mullvad if it is about privacy and masking your IP.

• NanjaNanja Member

@kait said:

@Nanja said: Is this company better

What are you looking for in a vpn? If you need a vpn (https://www.doineedavpn.com/) and care about privacy, iVPN, Mullvad, ProtonVPN, WindScribe are pretty good. If you want streaming or anything else its a bit harder but maybe have a look at nordvpn or expressvpn?

Ah, I already use windscribe and watch/download debrid stuff... It was a fully functioning split tunnel feature that has no restrictions.

I have paid for almost all of the lifetime deals that usually show up on stacksocial. Most companies with split tunneling feature stop working after several hours or fail to stay connected to split tunnel or need to use a specific protocol. Sometimes I am downloading a torrent and split tunnel on some VPN forget to mention that I got disconnected.

Never had this issue with windscribe

Thanked by 1kait
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

No VPN company can be completely trusted.

But self-interest is always strong.

If they have a good reputatition, and are based in a country where there’s no need to keep user data (such as Sweden, as Mullvad, PrivateVPN etc is), and you’re just not that valuable to goverments and states, they’d risk that reputation by caving in.

Therefore I recommend Mullvad for example.

Not because I completely trust them.

More that they have a great reputation amogst technical folks, who know what they’re doing. They’d love this by caving in.

They don’t have to save my data, and I feel like doing so isn’t in their interest.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

@kait said:

I only trust:
    1. iVPN/Mullvad
    2. WindScribe
    3. AirVPN

kinda in that order but I would go for iVPN and Mullvad if it is about privacy and masking your IP.

1. Doublehop.me > Windscribe
  • 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited May 2023

Sold to a US company? Farewell. I still liked they stood their ground vs. Rights Alliance in a Swedish court.

• @kait said:

I only trust:
    1. iVPN/Mullvad
    2. WindScribe
    3. AirVPN

only ivpn all others are in 5/9/14 eye countries

• kaitkait Member
    edited May 2023

@sandoz said: Doublehop.me > Windscribe

Windscribes jurisdiction is not great but doulbehop.me says that bitcoin is secure :D clowns
    They also need an email address, Windscribe doesn't need that. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about doublehop because I never heard of them.

@gbzret4d said: only ivpn all others are in 5/9/14 eye countries

fair except Sweden has amazing jurisdiction. The rest you are totally correct on.

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

Windscribes jurisdiction is not great but doulbehop.me says that bitcoin is secure :D clowns
    They also need an email address, Windscribe doesn't need that. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about doublehop because I never heard of them.

@gbzret4d said: only ivpn all others are in 5/9/14 eye countries

fair except Sweden has amazing jurisdiction. The rest you are totally correct on.

Well, amazing and amazing ..

Practically, yes.

But really, Sweden requires a lot of logging for ”communication services”. ISPs, email providers, everyone has to store data and comply.

It’s just, when writing the law, they didn’t have VPNs in-mind.

I feel like they might be riding the wave of an old law that might not be a reality forever.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

@kait said:

Well.

I believe they said that because they don't accept Paypal. In fact Bitcoin is more "secure" than Paypal.

Remind when Bitcoin wave started everyone says "bitcoin" even if is "other crypto payment" due to the fact of the fame.

Personally I love the way they talk.
    https://doublehop.me/about.html

Never tested. You can use always a disposable mail.

• kaitkait Member

@sandoz said: Never tested. You can use always a disposable mail.

Yeah it looks nice, but Monero or its not an option for me.

• SirNeoSirNeo Member

@kait said:

Unfortunately he was banned. Don't know why :(

Thanked by 1kait
  • wireguard
    wireguard
    wireguard
    IPSEC
    GRE
    PROXY

• NanjaNanja Member

I wished they added wireguard support to softether.

It hasn't been updated since last year so I am assuming softether project is over, I wonder if there's a similar alternative to softether.

In softether I can access all my favorite VPN protocols in one client and it was cross platform, kinda like all those VPN sellers do.

• What do you think about about trust.zone?

• AstroAstro Member

I’ve been pretty happy with Proton.

Thanked by 1wufenzui