Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long term seedbox?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Long term seedbox?

Hey! I am looking for a long term seedbox solution. Not really sure if i should go with a storage vps, or some dedicated seedbox service.

The tracker i am seeding is very fast, so being one of the first to pull a torrent down is key to get any ratio out of it. So speed here is key.

Any suggestions on this? Not a set budget on this - But price matters.

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

Calin jumps in

• dosaidosai Member

Ultra or seedhost.

• IMO a seedbox service would be preferable as they optimize their servers for torrents. Since you're racing, get fast storage (preferably NVMe), and use Deluge.

I can recommend ultra.cc, they have autobrr which should help automate grabbing torrents. Using their NVMe plans + autobrr + Deluge, I was able to max out my upload limit for months (15TB/month).

I bought a small plan and hit 15TB upload in half a month, so I think I would have been able to upload approx. 30TB a month if I had a bigger plan.

Idk if there are better options out there, but I quite enjoy their service.

• @phuctran said:
    IMO a seedbox service would be preferable as they optimize their servers for torrents. Since you're racing, get fast storage (preferably NVMe), and use Deluge.

I can recommend ultra.cc, they have autobrr which should help automate grabbing torrents. Using their NVMe plans + autobrr + Deluge, I was able to max out my upload limit for months (15TB/month).

I bought a small plan and hit 15TB upload in half a month, so I think I would have been able to upload approx. 30TB a month if I had a bigger plan.

Idk if there are better options out there, but I quite enjoy their service.

Thank you for your opinion. Ive looked at them before, however im not sure if i want to pay such premium for such little storage.
    Do you have some sort of automatic torrent delete, so it wont run out of storage? How does this work?

• If you want to race for ratio then opt to get seedbox from reputable seedbox provider like ultra.cc, seedhost, Rapidseedbox, Gigarapid, Whatbox etc.

Seedbox providers pretune seedboxes so you could race with other peers.

Most of other users have dedicated servers or high end seedboxes (paying high for better hardware and network speed) which extract maximum ratio juice than other users. Competing with them you will need good seedbox which is tunned for better racing.

Vps are not good solution unless you buy a dedicated vps slot and you have knowledge about tuning vps for torrenting. I have had no luck on tuning vps for seedbox. Didn't find any optimal guide which could atleast give me 1:1 on dedicated seedbox.

Buying shared vps node is out of question unless you choose to just seed it for longer period without hassling for ratio.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2023
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @SmallKitten purchase our deal , it's possible combined more VPS in one https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185710/ihostart-5-69-yr-50-gb-ssd-512-mb-vps-dmca-ignore-leave-invoice-no-and-duble-ram-1x-ipv4-nat

Or if you like dedicated server please check our deals > https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/dedicated-server

Regards,
    Calin