Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZippyShare file sharing site to shut down this month-end
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ZippyShare file sharing site to shut down this month-end

If any LET members are having files stored at zippyshare.com - you've 2 weeks to take backups!

Announcement: https://blog.zippyshare.com/?p=1211

Comments

• RIP
    so many memories.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited March 2023

...RIP...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Damn.
    If anyone wants and alternative, you can probably use catbox.moe. I use it on a daily. Good speeds and stuff...

Zippyshare holds a lot of memories for me, from the shitty cracked software to downloading with that low speeds. It was inevitable that they were dying at the end.

Thanked by 2nishantk Ympker
  • @Otus9051 said: If anyone wants and alternative

https://fileditch.com/ :)
    No DMCA, no censorship, no bullshit.

Thanked by 1kait
  • RIP. It was my favorite. no countdown, no BS. Simple straightforward UI.

Thanked by 1tronyx
  • TrKTrK Member

RIP, no more zippyshare for me.

• 17 years ago I used them to store small files.
    1G storage is big in those days.
    ys168 is the only one left now.

• @Otus9051 said:
    catbox.moe.

This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://catbox.moe/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

• @Dazzle said:

@Otus9051 said:
    catbox.moe.

This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://catbox.moe/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Works for me.
    Where are you from? Looks like you are getting MiTM'ed

Thanked by 1Otus9051
  • @Dazzle said:

@Otus9051 said:
    catbox.moe.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Catbox is IP-banned by UK/Ireland, also Comcast has some kind of router software that if enabled blocks Catbox

• R.I.P. Zippy

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2023

@febryanvaldo said:
    ...RIP...

Memories..
    Still remember some other ones like 4Shared, Uptodown, Speedyshare, MediaFire, RapidShare, Uploadedto.. (some already dead, too)

• NanjaNanja Member

It's a shame they are going, but how do you guys manage?
    I mean like, I have bought multiple subscriptions to several downloading sites just to get faster speeds.

Is there a way to just pay once at one site? To help me manage not spending so much on these sites... currently it seems like I don't have much of a choice since website owners always use a different upload/download service.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@Ympker said:

@febryanvaldo said:
    ...RIP...

Memories..
    Still remember some other ones like 4Shared, Uptodown, Speedyshare, MediaFire, RapidShare, Uploadedto.. (some already dead, too)

How could you forget about Meeeeeega? :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • LisoLiso Member

Shit, manga site I frequently visited only provided zippyshare link. Sad sad

Thanked by 2Ympker greentea
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I have switched to frocdn recently, just that sometimes upload fails when done via curl with a 502 error.

thanks @Advin ++

• @Nanja said:
    I mean like, I have bought multiple subscriptions to several downloading sites just to get faster speeds.

Is there a way to just pay once at one site? To help me manage not spending so much on these sites... currently it seems like I don't have much of a choice since website owners always use a different upload/download service.

Back then, using Rapidleech. There is plenty of it providing free account.

@Liso said:

Telegram lah.

• LeviLevi Member

Complementary article: https://torrentfreak.com/zippyshare-file-hosting-veteran-calls-it-quits-2006-2023-230320/

Named “notorious market” by the RIAA in 2013. But ultimately defeated by the ad blocking plugins. Nostalgia hit hard. Ech, zippy zippy...

Thanked by 3default Ympker benj0x
  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Man, back in the days, a ZippyShare link used to put a smile on my face!

• dosaidosai Member

@Nanja said:

real-debrid.com/alldebrid.com

• Thank you ZippyShare! This project was great for internet while it lasted. I shall never forget it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • rapidshare.de/com
    megaupload.com
    netload.in
    share-online.biz
    x7.to
    filesonic.com
    fileserver.com
    wupload.com
    closed.

Thanked by 2Ympker sliix
  • kaitkait Member

fileditch.com

up

• inlandinland Member
    edited March 2023

If it's no longer profitable to run the 1000th most popular website on the internet, I'd say things are looking pretty awful.

Web is so fucked nowadays. If you're not Facebook or some other giant that controls the platform the ads are shown on, you're left to starve. No matter which service you recommend, it's going to share a similar fate.

@kait said: fileditch.com

@yoursunny https://dmca.fileditch.com/ipv6.mp4

Thanked by 3default Calin greentea
  • kaitkait Member

@inland said: Web is so fucked nowadays. If you're not Facebook or some other giant that controls the platform the ads are shown on, you're left to starve. No matter which service you recommend, it's going to share a similar fate.

You're right but the fact that you had to say it makes me depressed, I now cri because I have a huge love/hate relationship with the Internet.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2023

@kait said:

@inland said: Web is so fucked nowadays. If you're not Facebook or some other giant that controls the platform the ads are shown on, you're left to starve. No matter which service you recommend, it's going to share a similar fate.

You're right but the fact that you had to say it makes me depressed, I now cri because I have a huge love/hate relationship with the Internet.

Many people feel in the exact same way regarding internet. This is why networks within internet could become more popular. The more pressure is exercised against online privacy and against small players, the more people could start using anonymity services like Tor and IRC, due to mistrust in corporations and politicians. It is interesting to see how things will develop, but I do believe empires rise and empires fall (like always in history), precisely because the huge mass of poor people might spark a protest which spins out of control.

My biggest concern is AI which can be used as an extremely powerful tool for controlling flow and content of information, but this is a different discussion.

• kaitkait Member

@default said: My biggest concern is AI which can be used as an extremely powerful tool for controlling flow and content of information, but this is a different discussion.

Yeah, I totally agree, and yes AI is pretty scary, the biggest issue is that providers that give you email for free will stay huge because people are lazy and want to spend the least amount on those services. A dutch news article said something like: "Youth scared about TikToks data flow to Mainland China but "Can't go without"". People are lazy and don't care about their rights/privacy until it is to late.

• @Liso said:

Panda?

• Lol, I love that goodbye letter on their blog. Painfully honest. RIP.