Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZippyShare file sharing site to shut down this month-end - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ZippyShare file sharing site to shut down this month-end

Comments

• LeviLevi Member
    edited March 2023

45M visitors could be monetized via patreon or any other donations platform. The problem is that they don't care to adapt and evolve. Traffic is here. Mold it.

Thanked by 2Void Pawan
  • VoidVoid Member

@qcfgpp said:
    rapidshare.de/com
    megaupload.com
    netload.in
    share-online.biz
    x7.to
    filesonic.com
    fileserver.com
    wupload.com
    closed.

Anyone remember datafilehost[.]com ?

• @jmaxwell said:

@qcfgpp said:
    rapidshare.de/com
    megaupload.com
    netload.in
    share-online.biz
    x7.to
    filesonic.com
    fileserver.com
    wupload.com
    closed.

Anyone remember datafilehost[.]com ?

My main one was megaupload.com. I still vividly remember the whole drama lol.

• MrRobMrRob Member

other alternative for this?

• @LTniger said:
    45M visitors could be monetized via patreon or any other donations platform. The problem is that they don't care to adapt and evolve. Traffic is here. Mold it.

anonfiles.com is a major file hosting with 21M visitors. For the last couple of months they've had a huge banner on the main page basically saying they're broke and begging for donations.

Can you guess how much they got?

$515 per month (total $3609 over 7 months)

Can you guess how much The Pirate Bay, the most popular torrent site of all time, gets from donations?

$207 per month (total $3991 over 17 months)

So that means the largest websites with millions of visitors do not even make half of what a McDonald's worker makes at federal minimum wage. And there are lots of costs - equipment, staff for handling abuse, legal etc.

They all have static Bitcoin donation addresses listed on their front pages and unchanged for a long time. You can verify it all yourself.

I am sorry but the reality is that nobody bothers paying for basic stuff - especially if your target audience is pirates. You either have to make a proper service that is worth paying for, or your revenue has to come at no cost to the end user, i. e. advertising.

Thanked by 2itoshikimonset Pawan
  • HaxHax Member

Just another website killed by adblocker(s).

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited March 2023

With the latest post for PurpleDaddy on LEB. I wish more and more people start using Adblocker to kill it. It's just a mouthpiece of RN these days and nothing more.. LET is almost same but still better than LEB

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2023

@Hax said:
    Just another website killed by adblocker(s).

This is not just another website. This was a huge and popular service for free file sharing who remains in history. Sadly, it had to end because servers are run with electricity and money.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2023

@LTniger said:

Yes, the traffic is there, but one can't simply transform a free file sharing service into a source of income without some form of advertising involved. Becoming partners with social networks could not help, because of DMCA and privacy implications. So the only solution was to end it all; this unfortunately makes sense.

Sadly these days consumers shift into the arms of big corporations and social network controls.

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@default said: The more pressure is exercised against online privacy and against small players, the more people could start using anonymity services like Tor and IRC, due to mistrust in corporations and politicians. It is

Very true , that it s cause why I m like web 3.0 projects

• LisoLiso Member
    edited March 2023

@Dazzle said: Telegram lah.

Ada saran channel yg bagus ?

• @hiphiphip0 said: 17 years ago I used them to store small files.

1G storage is big in those days.

still it was popular, 45 million visitors a month! o:)
    https://torrentfreak.com/zippyshare-file-hosting-veteran-calls-it-quits-2006-2023-230320/

I thought no one used it anymore and migrated to more secure, fast, cloud storage services so it died.

• @treesmokah said:

@Otus9051 said: If anyone wants and alternative

https://fileditch.com/ :)
    No DMCA, no censorship, no bullshit.

seems like a nice filehost but I don't like how it renames the file so I'll end up forgetting what content the file has in it if I upload a lot. Is there a tool to manage renamed files?

• RIP, so many good memories on that site.

• VoidVoid Member

I have a feeling that they’re not revealing the actual reason. A site like that has a million ways to monetize traffic and someone who runs it can’t be ignorant to it.

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • @Liso said:
    Ada saran channel yg bagus ?

Never join a channel for this. Search the movie title and there is always a dedicated channel for it.

• @jmaxwell said:
    I have a feeling that they’re not revealing the actual reason. A site like that has a million ways to monetize traffic and someone who runs it can’t be ignorant to it.

Feel free to contact them and help out. They could be interested and you could get a percentage of income from helping out with 1 million ideas. This is how managers get to make money, so now might be your chance to get involved.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @default unfortunately no one responds to email,and I tried now 2 days to contact them

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • VoidVoid Member

@Calin said:
    Hello @default unfortunately no one responds to email,and I tried now 2 days to contact them

As expected. Kinda lame that they blame Adblockers because if that was the case google/facebook/Microsoft and many other ad services would’ve gone bankrupt. Most probably got their ass in the line of three letter agencies for harboring questionable stuff.

Thanked by 2JasonM Pawan
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2023

@jmaxwell said:

@Calin said:

As expected. Kinda lame that they blame Adblockers because if that was the case google/facebook/Microsoft and many other ad services would’ve gone bankrupt.

Google has it's own advertising service. Besides it does not rely on advertising, since it's income is from multiple other products and services which it successfully offers for cheap to beat other entry competitors.

Facebook has the advertising as an important core, but they control the platform and all the advertising, because they have different departments for advertising, targeting, leads, contractors, and so on. Besides Facebook is a social platform where many consumers are already too entangled in it's services with so many uploaded photos and videos for which they don't even have backups. It is somewhat a sunk cost fallacy now.

Microsoft, just like Google, does not rely solely on advertising. It makes money from multiple other products and services. Many consumers still use Windows, even on LET.

Most probably got their ass in the line of three letter agencies for harboring questionable stuff.

No. If this was the case, details would have been specified as an act of courage to prove its success for standing tall in freedom throughout the years. Instead, it was merely the ad blockers that killed it. Even I have a lifetime membership at AdGuard, and I am a low-end cheapskate.

As advised, maybe you could contact them directly to specify your million ideas. It might prove successful for you.

• No DMCA, no censorship, no bullshit.

• @jmaxwell said:

cp? probably.

• @JasonM said:
    If any LET members are having files stored at zippyshare.com - you've 2 weeks to take backups!

Announcement: https://blog.zippyshare.com/?p=1211

This is so SAD. It reminds me of RapidShare.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • VoidVoid Member

@Otus9051 said:

@jmaxwell said:

cp? probably.

Or the exclusive footage of the aliens inside Area 51 lol

• VoidVoid Member

@default said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Calin said:

As expected. Kinda lame that they blame Adblockers because if that was the case google/facebook/Microsoft and many other ad services would’ve gone bankrupt.

Google has it's own advertising service. Besides it does not rely on advertising, since it's income is from multiple other products and services which it successfully offers for cheap to beat other entry competitors.

Facebook has the advertising as an important core, but they control the platform and all the advertising, because they have different departments for advertising, targeting, leads, contractors, and so on. Besides Facebook is a social platform where many consumers are already too entangled in it's services with so many uploaded photos and videos for which they don't even have backups. It is somewhat a sunk cost fallacy now.

Microsoft, just like Google, does not rely solely on advertising. It makes money from multiple other products and services. Many consumers still use Windows, even on LET.

Hence I said “ad services”, not the entire company.

• RIP..

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited March 2023

This happens when they are listed in 301 Special Market from US. A List anually generally pointing the markets of "piracy notorious market"

They are listed and after Months or some years (not to long) they are suddenly shutdown.

Of course this is a excuse from part of Zippyshare even with block ads they will do money, affiliate program? Premium? Hum hummm...

Probably is ACE behind it and agreement done. Is the act "Stay down".

People needs to understand that there is more behind of this declaration of Zippyshare. I don't believe at 100% in what they said.

Why? Because ACE and other anti-piracy working in Notorious Market is powerful and threats people with huge damages and probably fees and much more.

There are a secret, you can't tell to anyone why you shutdown and the reason behind it otherwise they will act to court and the decision will be go on. That is how they act. Believe or not. They make pressure under people behind websites even if are legit.

Threating like "Hey you shutdown there won't be any issues for you. But if you tell any secret about the way we discover where you are and where you have been those years. We will persue you".

This is not a conspiracy, just search in torrentfreak. They want and THEY ARE DOING it. They want to hide everything to Competitors don't know the way to be catched.

The only who resists are TPB and many more using " sofisticated" techniquies and people behind it fight for freedom. I guess no one will do it and going to jail right? That is why TPB still up and running. Team that doesn't are stupid by using discord (backdoor sniffer..) and other social media where they catch you.

This is not the end, the VPNs will be next. Domains also and Hosting Providers. Take care! (Even if you are legal!)

Good luck Zippyshare. Those who knows, who knows what happened with you

Thanked by 3Void ntlx Pawan
  • @jmaxwell said:

@default said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Calin said:

Hence I said “ad services”, not the entire company.

In this case ZippyShare was having most of income from ads. The publicity played a vital role, unlike corporations you mentioned.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2023

@sandoz said:
    People needs to understand that there is more behind of this declaration of Zippyshare. I don't believe at 100% in what they said. [...]

There are a secret, you can't tell to anyone why you shutdown [..]

This is not a conspiracy [...]

Man you are hard to read. Is this some global conspiracy or is it not a conspiracy? Some project closes down their "shop" because of money, and you go into secrets, agendas, conspiracies while also "not a conspiracy" switching between ideas.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

@default said:

@sandoz said:
    People needs to understand that there is more behind of this declaration of Zippyshare. I don't believe at 100% in what they said. [...]

There are a secret, you can't tell to anyone why you shutdown [..]

This is not a conspiracy [...]

Man you are hard to read. Is this some global conspiracy or is it not a conspiracy? Some project closes down their "shop" because of money, and you go into secrets, agendas, conspiracies while also "not a conspiracy" switching between ideas.

I told you the truth. If you want I can lie to you.
    Get your gift:

«Jan van Voorn, the MPA’s executive vice president and chief of global content protection, explained that his job is to “oppress the bad guys

Source
    https://torrentfreak.com/ace-says-it-shut-down-two-pirate-sites-but-thats-not-the-full-story-220310/

There are more. Obviously you should do your homework.

If you believe that ACE is not behind the shutdown then they laughing. Soon they will target domains, VPNs (they already do), Hosting Providers.

Not a question of time. They are doing that. I may ask you why Flokinet was removed from Notorious Market? Privatelayer? ;)