Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VM in Luxembourg for Tailscale Exit Node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VM in Luxembourg for Tailscale Exit Node

Looking for a new VM with the primary application being a Tailscale exit node. Would love to get it in Luxembourg, but will consider other privacy forward countries.

Doesn't need to be "big" per se, but bandwidth will be important (obviously). Would love to be able to pay in BTC, although this isn't a deal breaker at all (I just have some BTC I'd like to spend).

Are there any other spec's I should be looking for with something like this?

Comments

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

For this kind of stuff, you want high bandwidth servers - specs are not as important, tailscale is wireguard based which requires very little resources, you want KVM or openvz/lxc/lxd with wireguard kernel module(you can always use usermode wireguard, but its not as performant).

@Francisco - BuyVM (LUX)
    @MannDude - incognet.io (NL)
    @HostSlick - Hostslick (NL)
    @VPSSLIM - Hostslim (NL)
    @vsys_host - VSYS.host (NL/UA)
    @alexhost - Alexhost.com (MD)

more providers that are worth trying; https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3576104/#Comment_3576104

All accept crypto, all accept anon signup, all ignore DMCA.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@rthurman said: Would love to get it in Luxembourg

@rthurman said: bandwidth will be important

@rthurman said: Would love to be able to pay in BTC

BuyVM is your clear choice here.

Stock appears off and on during the week in my experience. Setup changedection or just relentlessly ping @Francisco.

Thanked by 1kait
  • @treesmokah said:
    tailscale is wireguard based which requires very little resources, you want KVM or openvz/lxc/lxd with wireguard kernel module(you can always use usermode wireguard, but its not as performant).

Tailscale always uses their own usermode wireguard-go fork, so it wouldn't matter unless you are using plain WireGuard.

• @JeDaYoshi said:

@treesmokah said:
    tailscale is wireguard based which requires very little resources, you want KVM or openvz/lxc/lxd with wireguard kernel module(you can always use usermode wireguard, but its not as performant).

Tailscale always uses their own usermode wireguard-go fork, so it wouldn't matter unless you are using plain WireGuard.

was not aware of it, thanks for pointing this out.
    usermode wireguard is still performant, just not as good as kernel accelerated one.

• @raindog308

BuyVM is your clear choice here.

So pretty much their SLICE 512 offering?

@rthurman said: So pretty much their SLICE 512 offering?

Well I just got done demonstrating how little I know about VPNs LOL so some tailscale wizard can probably answer definitively.

My answer for my low-end openvpn VPNs is a 512...heck, I used to use a 128 I think...

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Slice 512 is been discontinued since long time ago . 1GB $3.5 pm is the starter package now. I have one which is idling if you want then I can transfer it to you if @Francisco allows.

Thanked by 1JeDaYoshi

@ManishPant said: Slice 512 is been discontinued since long time ago .

It has? Still listed for sale on their site. @Francisco will be along to clarify.

They did disco 128s a while back I believe.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

@ManishPant said: Slice 512 is been discontinued since long time ago .

It has? Still listed for sale on their site. @Francisco will be along to clarify.

They did disco 128s a while back I believe.

Francisco mentioned here many times in LET that their site need to be updated

Thanked by 2JeDaYoshi raindog308

@ManishPant said: Francisco mentioned here many times in LET that their site need to be updated

Freakin' @Francisco. Frandammit.

Thanked by 1ManishPant
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@ManishPant said: Francisco mentioned here many times in LET that their site need to be updated

Freakin' @Francisco. Frandammit.

Frannit

Francisco

Thanked by 1bdl
  • If I could get a 128 or 256, I would be so happy!

• @rthurman said: If I could get a 128 or 256, I would be so happy!

Anyone would.
    But its not possible anymore - your only hope is getting one transferred to you.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

@treesmokah said:
    For this kind of stuff, you want high bandwidth servers - specs are not as important, tailscale is wireguard based which requires very little resources, you want KVM or openvz/lxc/lxd with wireguard kernel module(you can always use usermode wireguard, but its not as performant).

@Francisco - BuyVM (LUX)
    @VPSSLIM - Hostslim (NL)

more providers that are worth trying; https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3576104/#Comment_3576104

Thanks for the mention.
    We can help here of course if you need VPS with good amount of Bandwidth - we even have 10Gbit VPS available

Thanked by 1rthurman
  • vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

@treesmokah said:

@Francisco - BuyVM (LUX)
    @VPSSLIM - Hostslim (NL)

Thanks for the mention! o:) <3

@rthurman

We can help you with the VM.
    Please, clarify the specs you need.

We can offer you the Netherlands location.
    It will be privacy-focused with a good bandwidth deal! 10G available
    Also, we accept payments in BTC and could provide a discount for you :)

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited March 2023

@HostSlick said:
    [...]

Thanks for the mention.
    We can help here of course if you need VPS with good amount of Bandwidth - we even have 10Gbit VPS available

where are the 10Gbit VPS? Cant find em on your webpage. @HostSlick
    anyway Hostslick = premium

edited March 2023

@hyperblast said:

@HostSlick said:
    [...]

Thanks for the mention.

where are the 10Gbit VPS? Cant find em on your webpage. @HostSlick
    anyway Hostslick = premium

We only offer them on request. We had for example this special on BF 2022 with 10G uplink as well.

CPU - 4 vCore - Intel XEON E5-2680v2
    RAM - 4GB
    Bandwidth - 10Gbit unmetered !SHARED! (FAIR USE!)
    Disk Space - 44 GB
    Port Speed - 10 Gbit
    IP Addresse(s) - 1
    Operating System - Linux
    Location - Netherlands (EU)

However all dedis and VPS on website are unmetered. VPS have fair use while dedicated servers are fully un-shared dedicated 1Gbit umetered included without fair use policy all without extra cost.

p. s we are located now 300meter away from German border, near aachen as we moved. (Before, Lelystad) - maybe nearer for you to Frankfurt. But still we are in Netherlands.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • sir i am already with you (Ryzen Summer Deal I) rocks! (https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3557557#Comment_3557557). the ryzen summer deal I with 10Gbit would be the absolute deal! @HostSlick

edited March 2023

@hyperblast said:
    sir i am already with you (Ryzen Summer Deal I) rocks! (https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3557557#Comment_3557557). the ryzen summer deal I with 10Gbit would be the absolute deal! @HostSlick

Check next Black Friday. Ryzen dedis are coming this year as well. So there might be a chance on 10Gbit ryzen VPS. At least more and more VPS will come with 10G
    Our expansions for this year planned to start End April.

We have cheap traffic possibilities now.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @HostSlick said:

@hyperblast said:
    sir i am already with you (Ryzen Summer Deal I) rocks! (https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3557557#Comment_3557557). the ryzen summer deal I with 10Gbit would be the absolute deal! @HostSlick

Check next Black Friday. Ryzen dedis are coming this year as well. So there might be a chance on 10Gbit ryzen VPS. At least more and more VPS will come with 10G
    Our expansions for this year planned to start End April.

We have cheap traffic possibilities now.

solid!

• as an exit node, you don't much much for tailscale. a 256 mb box should be plenty, provided your bandwidth and location requirements are met. just don't run their docker image, but rather their package directly.