Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr security incident notification
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr security incident notification

edited March 2023 in News

I just received the following:

Dear Customer,

We are informing you about an incident of unauthorized access to email marketing data at ActiveCampaign - a third-party vendor Vultr used prior to September 2022. This incident led to the compromise of a portion of customer data, as detailed in our blog post:

https://www.vultr.com/news/Important-Update/

Importantly, there was no impact to Vultr systems, customer subscriptions, or customer assets. Vultr systems, customer subscriptions, and customer assets remain secure and at no point were ever at risk.

You are receiving this notice because you have been identified as one of the customers impacted by this event. Please make sure to review our blog post above for all questions related to possible impact.

The Vultr Team

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

At this point I assume someone who never sends an email like this is just dishonest. Be quick to admit fault.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

Shit happends everywhere.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2023

@jar said:
    At this point I assume someone who never sends an email like this is just dishonest. Be quick to admit fault.

And probably committing a crime as well, at least in the EU I think.

Thanked by 1jar

@emgh said:

@jar said:

And probably committing a crime as well, at least in the EU I think.

I wonder if that regulation makes companies more or less likely to lie about it. I could theorize all day but I guess if I knew the answer it would change the answer 😂

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

This is why, while the adverts could be made by a professional, you are actually conducting the emailing campaign yourself. After all, you are a host.

• inlandinland Member
    edited March 2023

I like how the slug for the news link just says /Important-Update/. Turns out that Vultr has a spotless security record*, which I think is impressive for a major hosting provider that's been operating for almost a decade.

.* or they're good at covering up

• emgemg Veteran

@emgh said:

That includes typos.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jar said: At this point I assume someone who never sends an email like this is just dishonest. Be quick to admit fault.

I've never got such an email from mxroute...

Thanked by 3Erisa jar emgh

@raindog308 said:

@jar said: At this point I assume someone who never sends an email like this is just dishonest. Be quick to admit fault.

I've never got such an email from mxroute...

Was waiting for that 😂

• emghemgh Member

@emg said:

@emgh said:

That includes typos.

:(

• emgemg Veteran

@emgh said:
    @emg said:
    That includes typos.