Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gcore to suspend resources in Russia and Belarus
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gcore to suspend resources in Russia and Belarus

Dear Valued Customer,

We regret to inform you that due to the current regulatory and legal restrictions, we will be unable to continue providing resources in Russia and Belarus.

Gcore will discontinue providing such services on March 31, 2023 23:59 CET time. This means that cloud and hosting resources in Russia and Belarus will be suspended. The suspension process will continue throughout the entire day on April 1, 2023.

For your convenience, we will allow retrieval and transfer of affected data until May 1, 2023. After this date, your data will be permanently deleted.

We urge you to take appropriate action as soon as possible by contacting customer support. Our team will help you to navigate through this change.

The company apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and wants to reassure you that we remain dedicated to providing exceptional services to our clients worldwide.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Who's next?

Thanked by 1jlet88

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

They split last year, edegecenter is the russian site.

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

EdgeAM, a provider that I am not aware of, seems to have taken over G-core's infra there. They obviously have a hold on the customer database too because they are sending out emails and are inviting existing customers to move to them. Unless it's the same entity and they are just trying to work through the various restrictions related to Russia.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@Neoon said:

yup - https://edgecenter.ru/en/

Thanked by 2jlet88 let_rocks
  • Such is the world we live in. Sad, but inevitable.

Who's next? Anyone or any business that doesn't submit to Russian regulations and legal demands, from the most visible on down, based on the availability of Russian resources to monitor and detect violations. As you know, many providers preemptively pulled out or were already blocked by Russia, especially email/social platforms that have encryption or any reasonable degree of privacy policy.

Just the first rule of propaganda in war: control the flow of information. I'm surprised it took this long for Gcore to pull out.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • xaocxaoc Member

<3

• dusstdusst Member

@Neoon said:

This company is full of russian migrants. And i'll not surprised if the investments there are also russisan

Of course, they can't leave Russia, but they are afraid of sanctions naturally.

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

@PUSHR_Victor said:
    EdgeAM, a provider that I am not aware of, seems to have taken over G-core's infra there. They obviously have a hold on the customer database too because they are sending out emails and are inviting existing customers to move to them. Unless it's the same entity and they are just trying to work through the various restrictions related to Russia.

We received that too, but when we asked about it through Gcore ticketing system they denied it. Kinda weird

We don't have any information about this newsletter. The newsletter wasn't initiated by our company and we have nothing in common with it. Please ignore it.

Thanked by 1PUSHR_Victor
  • emghemgh Member

@aveline said:

@PUSHR_Victor said:

We received that too, but when we asked about it through Gcore ticketing system they denied it. Kinda weird

We don't have any information about this newsletter. The newsletter wasn't initiated by our company and we have nothing in common with it. Please ignore it.

And people say that they’re professional..

This is quite a 180 degree turn from that word.

• Wait, so if the newsletter was not initiated by them - are they also saying they are not affiliated with that company?

If so - how did that company get their user list to send said newsletter?

🤔

Thanked by 2OhJohn PUSHR_Victor
  • @NobodyInteresting said:
    Wait, so if the newsletter was not initiated by them - are they also saying they are not affiliated with that company?

🤔

When western companies shut down in Russia because of the war, corrupt Russians steal everything they can from the companies. And it is done with the help of the Russian government.

• Service & Buisness should not be affected by War or Politics in this universe.

Thanked by 2MannDude ariq01
  • They suck on the battlefield and begin small dirty tricks. Not understanding that you have to return the cashback to them on the personal account.

• Gcore cloud are clowns. Still no IPv6 and you can't download invoices throught their panel.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Wait, so if the newsletter was not initiated by them - are they also saying they are not affiliated with that company?

🤔

Those sneaky Russians

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2023

@TheGreatOakley said: Still no IPv6

They provide IPv6 for many locations. If use supported device.

• @jenkki said:

@TheGreatOakley said: Still no IPv6

They provide IPv6 for many locations. If use supported device.

They don't provide or have any IPv6 for cloud products. The product is half ass baked and works like shit.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited March 2023

@TheGreatOakley said: They don't provide or have any IPv6 for cloud products.

I tried to configure Wireguard VPN with several locations, and Opera Browser shows me the IPv6 address instead of IPv4.

• @dahartigan said: Those sneaky Russians

So what?

• I tried to write in support, they answered that you can send a request for a change of data. They will replace and everything will work. So if anyone needs to do it.

• @jenkki said:

@dahartigan said: Those sneaky Russians

So what?

I don't think Russian people are sneaky, but the ruler is, Pudding.
    Not to mention its "best friend", which promised "no limit cooperation".

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited March 2023

@PUSHR_Victor said:

I've received that email, too, and I asked Gcore's support about them the other day. I was told that they used to be affiliated.

EdgeAM is now the company that is in charge of the servers that used to be available in our Russian location. However, since we are no longer affiliated with them, we hope that you could dismiss this.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

What bugs me most is that Gcore does not seem to give a f... that EdgeAM still have access to their customer data. I can even login to EdgeAM's customer panel using my Gcore account.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @brueggus said: I can even login to EdgeAM's customer panel using my Gcore account.

If you were registered in the first G-Core, then EDGE separated from them a year ago and in one control panel there was access to two companies simultaneously. After the Russian company removed foreign localizations, each company left only its access but the passwords are still suitable for both there and there. You can enter two sites on one old password. Although EDGE support says that they now have no attitude towards a previous company.

• jtkjtk Member

@TheGreatOakley said:
    They don't provide or have any IPv6 for cloud products. The product is half ass baked and works like shit.

Works for me in one of their Brazilian locations.

$ ping -6 www.google.com
    PING www.google.com(2800:3f0:4004:803::2004 (2800:3f0:4004:803::2004)) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 2800:3f0:4004:803::2004 (2800:3f0:4004:803::2004): icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=48.0 ms

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2023

@TheGreatOakley said: They don't provide or have any IPv6 for cloud products. The product is half ass baked and works like shit.

Their "Cloud" offer means a 2GB VPS for prices like 12 EUR/mo? I don't think anyone has used that, everyone was just getting the regular VPS plans which are from 3.25 EUR. And there is IPv6 in most locations on those, albeit a really facepalmy one with a single /128, and extra /128s available for additional cost.

• The only difference between Gcore and Edge is the customer support reps over at Edge put vodka in their morning coffee instead of Baileys.

Thanked by 1kait
  • Vodka, vodka all tonight..until the morning light

@SirFoxy said: The only difference between Gcore and Edge is the customer support reps over at Edge put vodka in their morning coffee instead of Baileys.

In Russia, pigeons walk through the streets and in Luxembourg peacocks instead of pigeons.

• jtkjtk Member

@rm_ said:
    And there is IPv6 in most locations on those, albeit a really facepalmy one with a single /128, and extra /128s available for additional cost.

And the single address in a /125 subnet. Bizarre.

• ofitofit Member
    edited March 2023

My lu VPS was in G-core later it migrate to edge and about 1-2 month ago i'm got that mail:

Добрый день!

Из-за турбулентности в международных отношениях сейчас значительно усилились риски в сотрудничестве с некоторыми зарубежными операторами связи и дата-центрами. Некоторые страны блокируют российские IP-адреса, каналы связи, автономные сети и т.д. И в связи с этим некоторые зарубежные партнёры могут приостановить оказание услуг для российских клиентов.

Для виртуальных и выделенных серверов за пределами России, к сожалению, с настоящего момента мы не можем гарантировать бесперебойную работу. В любой момент эти серверы могут быть отключены по инициативе наших зарубежных партнёров.

Мы очень не хотим, чтобы ваши данные пострадали. Поэтому предлагаем вам как можно скорее сделать резервную копию всей важной информации с серверов, которые вы арендуете за пределами России.

Все данные мы предлагаем перенести на аналогичные серверы, находящиеся в России. Мы окажем вам любую посильную помощь в переносе данных без какой-либо дополнительной платы.

Также в первый месяц после переноса мы не будем брать с вас плату за использование серверов, на которые вы перенесёте данные. Нам очень важно, чтобы вы смогли продолжить без проблем пользоваться нашими услугами. И нам очень жаль, что возникла такая ситуация.

Чтобы выбрать подходящие ресурсы и перенести данные, обратитесь, пожалуйста, в техподдержку: в личном кабинете или на [email protected] Они ответят на все ваши вопросы и помогут с переносом.

Команда EdgeЦентр

LU VPS still working ok.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • Just got my server transferred to edgeam. Seamless without any troubles.
    One thing really interesting is, edgeam and gcore share the same VPS panel (vm.gcore.com:1500), despite gcore denies any affiliation with edgeam.
    So if you wanna keep your server running, you know what to do.