Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Hate InternetBS.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I Hate InternetBS.net

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

They must be the only registrar that doesn't allow you to approve an outbound tranfer ahead of time. You have to wait out the "5-7 days" period. I know it's following ICANN rules but most registrars I've dealt with allow you to approve it early.

Their FAQ says "Once the transfer is initiated, you can contact our support and request to approve the outgoing transfer". Maybe this is true but since my ticket has been sitting unanswered since Monday, which was 5 days ago...

I enjoyed them years ago but I think it's time to sunset the bull. I favor the pig these days.

Comments

• emghemgh Member

I’ve only had small time Swedish providers do this, and usually, they’re not used to selling .com domains so they’re just really careful.

Never had any international registrar do this ..

• If they use human resources to do something automated, they're going to fail. Running away is the right answer.

• emghemgh Member

@TimboJones said:
    If they use human resources to do something automated, they're going to fail. Running away is the right answer.

Not if they don’t check tickets for 7 days :)

Then, it’s automated.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

They have live chat, did you try that ?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Internet.BS is fine. Contact their support, they'll take care of you quicker if time is of the essence.

Got several hundred domains with them now and have been very pleased with them.

Thanked by 1khalequzzaman
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Saahib said: They have live chat, did you try that ?

Yes. The first time I got the generic greeting and "Queue: 1" to indicate I was next, but then after a few minutes I was kicked back to the entry form.

OK, maybe a glitch - try again, same experience. Well, maybe their chat is just having an issue.

Next day I tried again and got an agent. When I said "here's my ticket, how can I approve this now" the agent said "it will be completed" and left the chat.

Tried again and was told "I see your request already with our Level2 support team. I will inform them again check into it and get back to you soon via email."

I try not to be cynical, but I have a feeling all requests to transfer outbound domains are transferred to a department that takes 7 days to respond.

@MannDude said: Internet.BS is fine. Contact their support, they'll take care of you quicker if time is of the essence.

Alas, not my experience.

Thanked by 2MannDude MrLime
  • @raindog308 - What Registrar do you recommend?

• They do. You don't know how to do it. :)

https://internetbs.net/internet-bs-api.pdf

Domain Transfer Away Approve
    (Resource Path /Domain/TransferAway/Approve)
    https://testapi.internet.bs/Domain/TransferAway/Approve?ApiKey=testapi&Password=testpa
    ss&.......

I have did it many times and these are instant after it is pending on central registry. Their infra is one of best in industry. Sadly their support is not.

Thanked by 2mrTom titus

@MrLime said: @raindog308 - What Registrar do you recommend?

Been happy at Porkbun.

Have also used NameSilo in the past without issues.

@Boogeyman said: They do. You don't know how to do it.

Well, I should haven't to use the API for something that's available in every other registrar's panel but that's funny...what the heck, I might as well write some python to approve my registrar's transfer :D

Thanked by 1MrLime
  • XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited March 2023

I haven't registered a new domain at internet.bs in a long time...

Where did I put that script.... ah yes...

~/scripts$ cat internetbs-transfer.sh
    #!/bin/sh

KEY=""
    SERVER="https://api.internet.bs"
    ENDPOINT="/Domain/TransferAway/Approve"
    PASSWORD=""
    DOMAIN=""

URL="${SERVER}${ENDPOINT}?ApiKey=${KEY}&Password=${PASSWORD}&Domain=${DOMAIN}"

wget -O - "${URL}"

Moved to Porkbun/CloudFlare, never looked back :)

@Xrmaddness said:
    I haven't registered a new domain at internet.bs in a long time...

Where did I put that script.... ah yes...

Resolving api.internet.bs (api.internet.bs)... 54.74.71.13
    Connecting to api.internet.bs (api.internet.bs)|54.74.71.13|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Cookie coming from api.internet.bs attempted to set domain to internetbs.net
    Length: 79 [text/plain]
    Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

-                           0%[                                    ]       0  --.-KB/s               transactid=XXXXXX
    status=SUCCESS
    -                         100%[===================================>]      79  --.-KB/s    in 0s      

2023-03-17 19:48:57 (53.5 MB/s) - written to stdout [79/79]

You, sir, are legend.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @raindog308 said:

> Resolving api.internet.bs (api.internet.bs)... 54.74.71.13
    > Connecting to api.internet.bs (api.internet.bs)|54.74.71.13|:443... connected.
    > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    > Cookie coming from api.internet.bs attempted to set domain to internetbs.net
    > Length: 79 [text/plain]
    > Saving to: ‘STDOUT’
    > 
    > -                           0%[                                    ]       0  --.-KB/s               transactid=XXXXXX
    > status=SUCCESS
    > -                         100%[===================================>]      79  --.-KB/s    in 0s      
    > 
    > 2023-03-17 19:48:57 (53.5 MB/s) - written to stdout [79/79]
    > 

You, sir, are legend.

Glad I could help B)

• You are a Gentleman! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • GhtGht Member

I have about 80 domains with them since 2008 never had a issue with them , you need to contact them via live chat or e-mail they are very serious.

• HostWildHostWild Member, Host Rep

We trust InternetBS. But can't say nowadays situation.
    By the way Dynadot and NameSilo can be good choice :)

• titustitus Member

I have a few domain name (ccTLD) with them, for a long time ago. I not experienced any major issue. I think, they are one of the cheapest and reliable registrar. I haven't experience with their support from the last years, because I not needed to contact with them. If I not wrong the 5-7 days transfer time for a generic domain extension (.com .net .org etc) is the default/standard processing time (sadly).

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Want to transfer domain from InternetBS. What can go wrong, right?
    ha ha...
    After entering auth code to approve transfer I was presented with error, that auth code is not correct. I am sure that I did copypaste it correctly. Also tried to change it to new one, tried different browser. Same problem. Asked in support chat - they are clueless (now I'm waiting for "Level 2" tech support whatever that it.)

Sad.
    It is too much to ask for things just work as expected ?

• emgemg Veteran

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought to myself, "Who would name their company 'Internet BS' ??" Do they know what "BS" stands for?

Then I figured out that "BS" represents the two letter country code for The Bahamas.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@emg said:
    When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought to myself, "Who would name their company 'Internet BS' ??" Do they know what "BS" stands for?

Then I figured out that "BS" represents the two letter country code for The Bahamas.

bulls didn't exist back in the days maybe? /s

• GoDaddy

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2023

@raindog308 said: They must be the only registrar that doesn't allow you to approve an outbound tranfer ahead of time. You have to wait out the "5-7 days" period. I know it's following ICANN rules but most registrars I've dealt with allow you to approve it early.

They approved my transfer a few days ago via the live chat. IIRC it was done in a matter of minutes after the request, maybe an hour at most. I got an E-Mail asking for confirmation, and that was it.

@emg said: When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought to myself, "Who would name their company 'Internet BS' ??" Do they know what "BS" stands for?

They do know that, if you check the website the main theme actually features a bull, and the logo is a horned skill with the strike-through sign (no Bull...)

And they are not the only one to play on this theme: https://www.gandi.net/en/no-bullshit

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Same problem...and I'm looking for new registrar who support .it domain

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2023

I love how they claim security as an excuse, yet its the easiest registrar to social engineer according to a simple search.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@chiccorosso said:
    Same problem...and I'm looking for new registrar who support .it domain

I can recommend Dynadot and their pricing is also good

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@raindog308 said: They must be the only registrar that doesn't allow you to approve an outbound tranfer ahead of time. You have to wait out the "5-7 days" period. I know it's following ICANN rules but most registrars I've dealt with allow you to approve it early.

Not all registrars give you the options to approve/deny transfers - but most do.

If there are no options for you to approve/deny transfers, you can always mail your registrar to manually expedite the transfer request, as long as the transfer has been initiated by the winning registrar.

@chiccorosso said: I'm looking for new registrar who support .it domain

https://tldes.com/it

Take your pick.

Personally, I use Netim and INWX for my ccTLDs.

• FlashFlash Member

It was a good domain registrar a lot of years ago but now...

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • @DP said: Personally, I use Netim and INWX for my ccTLDs.

What country? You should use local registrar.