New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.
I Hate InternetBS.net
They must be the only registrar that doesn't allow you to approve an outbound tranfer ahead of time. You have to wait out the "5-7 days" period. I know it's following ICANN rules but most registrars I've dealt with allow you to approve it early.
Their FAQ says "Once the transfer is initiated, you can contact our support and request to approve the outgoing transfer". Maybe this is true but since my ticket has been sitting unanswered since Monday, which was 5 days ago...
I enjoyed them years ago but I think it's time to sunset the bull. I favor the pig these days.
I’ve only had small time Swedish providers do this, and usually, they’re not used to selling .com domains so they’re just really careful.
Never had any international registrar do this ..
If they use human resources to do something automated, they're going to fail. Running away is the right answer.
Not if they don’t check tickets for 7 days
Then, it’s automated.
They have live chat, did you try that ?
Internet.BS is fine. Contact their support, they'll take care of you quicker if time is of the essence.
Got several hundred domains with them now and have been very pleased with them.
Yes. The first time I got the generic greeting and "Queue: 1" to indicate I was next, but then after a few minutes I was kicked back to the entry form.
OK, maybe a glitch - try again, same experience. Well, maybe their chat is just having an issue.
Next day I tried again and got an agent. When I said "here's my ticket, how can I approve this now" the agent said "it will be completed" and left the chat.
Tried again and was told "I see your request already with our Level2 support team. I will inform them again check into it and get back to you soon via email."
I try not to be cynical, but I have a feeling all requests to transfer outbound domains are transferred to a department that takes 7 days to respond.
Alas, not my experience.
@raindog308 - What Registrar do you recommend?
They do. You don't know how to do it.
Domain Transfer Away Approve
(Resource Path /Domain/TransferAway/Approve)
I have did it many times and these are instant after it is pending on central registry. Their infra is one of best in industry. Sadly their support is not.
Been happy at Porkbun.
Have also used NameSilo in the past without issues.
Well, I should haven't to use the API for something that's available in every other registrar's panel but that's funny...what the heck, I might as well write some python to approve my registrar's transfer
I haven't registered a new domain at internet.bs in a long time...
Where did I put that script.... ah yes...
Moved to Porkbun/CloudFlare, never looked back
You, sir, are legend.
Glad I could help
Credit given: https://lowendbox.com/blog/how-to-immediately-transfer-a-domain-out-of-internetbs-net-with-no-waiting-period/
You are a Gentleman!
I have about 80 domains with them since 2008 never had a issue with them , you need to contact them via live chat or e-mail they are very serious.
We trust InternetBS. But can't say nowadays situation.
By the way Dynadot and NameSilo can be good choice
I have a few domain name (ccTLD) with them, for a long time ago. I not experienced any major issue. I think, they are one of the cheapest and reliable registrar. I haven't experience with their support from the last years, because I not needed to contact with them. If I not wrong the 5-7 days transfer time for a generic domain extension (.com .net .org etc) is the default/standard processing time (sadly).