Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Singapore vps Ram
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Singapore vps Ram

I need a Singapore VPS to host my shared client as my current server face some problem. So i just need a good Asian server
Configuration :
Space: 50 GB SSD or 100 GB
CPU core: 4 or 8
Ram: 1GB/burst2GB
Port speed: 100Mmps or 1Gbit
Price: please provide your offer ($10/m or $15/m)
Uptime : 99.99%

Comments

• MelitaMelita Member, Host Rep

Take a look at http://www.exoticvps.com/ and scroll to Singapore location.

None of them seems offering 2 GB ram at $15 though. Might need to contact them.

• take a look on oneasianhost.com

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

tuguhost said: take a look on oneasianhost.com

I think you mean http://www.oneasiahost.com/

:)

• MelitaMelita Member, Host Rep

I can recommend OneAsiaHost also, got some VPS with them :)

• @Oliver said:

ah yess
    thanks for correct it

• I dun think there are any that fit your requirements. You could try http://www.simplercloud.com/prices/ to see if there's anything.

• whmsyswhmsys Member
    edited October 2013

@wcgodz said:
    I dun think there are any that fit your requirements. You could try http://www.simplercloud.com/prices/ to see if there's anything.

Good pricing but not sure about this company do you have any review in this company ??

• whmsys said: Good pricing but not sure about this company do you have any review in this company ??

I can hardly recommend simplercloud.com after a quick check.

Domain whois is protected, company website is behind CloudFlare, bandwidth pricing is too good to be true for asia region ($10 for 1TB). Use your common sense before placing an order.

• nah i have not tried it yet. stumbled upon it at their launch in singapore, thus just letting you all decide if its good or not.

• tommytommy Member
    edited October 2013

Space: 50 GB SSD or 100 GB CPU core: 4 or 8 Ram: 1GB/burst2GB Port speed: 100Mmps or 1Gbit Price: please provide your offer ($10/m or $15/m) Uptime : 99.99%

please let me know if you (ever) found these. I'm interesting buying 10.

@wcgodz said:
    I dun think there are any that fit your requirements. You could try http://www.simplercloud.com/prices/ to see if there's anything.

how do you know these website? your own website?

• wcgodzwcgodz Member
    edited October 2013

err. no. as i said, it was during a launch event in a tech incubation area in singapore (block 71 ayer rajah). thus I stumbled upon it and shared it since that's the closest thing that the OP requested. I am waiting for a coupon code to appear before trying them out myself.

i myself would love something like OP requested for that price, but I have not seen anything like that in south east asia's market, thus my comments

• I know I'm just joking :)

• haha. thank goodness :)

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited October 2013

Just bought one from simplercloud,it's not cloud like digitalocean.From the dashboard,it looks like onapp because similar to stylexnetworks.

The latency is high to 500ms+ to china telecom so I think the upstream is not directly connected.
    Latency to china unicom and china mobile is good as singapore location should be.

I could not test IO and others because the root password reset function is not working now, there always lots of improvements need to be done when first using onapp.
    Ticket responding is quick,will update testing later.

update:
    They are using CloudStack platform with KVM virtualization and CEPH distributed and self-healing storage.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.7652 s, 110 MB/s

I saw some where said SSD disk should not use this command to test.

2013-10-31 13:30:11 (2.09 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

Download from cachefly.

2013-10-31 13:32:17 (1.59 MB/s) - `100MB-fremont.bin' saved [104857600/104857600]

Download from linode fremont.

45% [=========================> ] 47,865,088 206K/s eta 4m 6s ^C

Download from prometeus italy.A little slow so I terminated it.

2013-10-31 13:39:28 (11.1 MB/s) - `100mb.zip' saved [104857600/104857600]

Download from oneasiahost.

• @hiphiphip0

Are you getting the IP in their 103.25.200.0/22 range? If yes I believe it's connected to AS9226 (1-Net), their local connection is perfectly fine but not sure about overseas.

• Nice result from my school 1 gigabit shared internet connection. My computer just on 100mbit port though.

• ravenchadravenchad Member
    edited October 2013

@haphan said:
    Domain whois is protected, company website is behind CloudFlare, bandwidth pricing is too good to be true for asia region ($10 for 1TB). Use your common sense before placing an order.

Putting a business in Singapore is a serious deal, if you do illegal things, they will prosecute you., so there's no problem in trying, i think.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited October 2013

@eLohkCalb
    My IP is 103.25.202.*,yes their local connection is good enough,downloading form oneasia host got full speed.

• simplercloudsimplercloud Member
    edited October 2013

Hey guys - hi, nice to meet you :)

Honoured for the mention. Thanks @hiphiphip0, @wcgodz and @budi1413. Still finding our way around here. hiphiphip0, for your vm, there was a slight glitch with password reset, which seems to appear once in awhile during VM creation. Yes the front end is HostBill, it is KVM on CloudStack. We don't use onapp. Our servers are supermicro servers with ultrafast SSD drives and distributed, self-healing CEPH storage system. So BTW, just a note - it is not local storage :) Servelets are redundant and elastic.

Thanks for the tip on the whois masking. We launched last month in a competitive environment so initially it did not occur to us that this would be an issue for customers - however, good point made, we have unmasked now. No intention to deceive or anything - nothing illegal, haha :) Also, we are not new to hosting industry - indra, i (rebecca) and roger ran another hosting company in singapore for a long time :) We wanted to use cloudflare for our web site because it would deliver a speedier experience to overseas users, and we projected (and hoped) that we would get overseas interest and it would be part of our growth from the start. Can we get feedback on why this is considered no good? :)

Thanks for noticing our good prices (at least we hope you find them good). Yup - we are in 1-net. Our bandwidth price is good because we buy large amounts. Also, not sure how much we can talk about our concept without it becoming promotional, but we want to offer a truly self-manageable cloud offering that ticks off boxes that are important to seasoned cloud users (HA failover, ceph storage - not local storage, SSD servers, on-the-fly scaling, and good bandwidth), make it self-manageable, but with simple signup process and management.

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited October 2013

@simplercloud, if there's $5 for 512MB (and everything half of XS), a lot of competitors in the region will likely be "killed". :)

Thanked by 1tommy
  • @eLohkCalb said:
    simplercloud, if there's $5 for 512MB (and everything half of XS), a lot of competitors in the region will likely be "killed". :)

Yeah low end plan should be great. :D

• yes
    I hope there is 512MB plan

• @simplercloud said:

Honoured for the mention. Thanks hiphiphip0, wcgodz and budi1413. Still finding our way around here. hiphiphip0, for your vm, there was a slight glitch with password reset, which seems to appear once in awhile during VM creation. Yes the front end is HostBill, it is KVM on CloudStack. We don't use onapp. Our servers are supermicro servers with ultrafast SSD drives and distributed, self-healing CEPH storage system. So BTW, just a note - it is not local storage :) Servelets are redundant and elastic.

Thanks for the tip on the whois masking. We launched last month in a competitive environment so initially it did not occur to us that this would be an issue for customers - however, good point made, we have unmasked now. No intention to deceive or anything - nothing illegal, haha :) Also, we are not new to hosting industry - indra, i (rebecca) and roger ran another hosting company in singapore for a long time :) We wanted to use cloudflare for our web site because it would deliver a speedier experience to overseas users, and we projected (and hoped) that we would get overseas interest and it would be part of our growth from the start. Can we get feedback on why this is considered no good? :)

Thanks for noticing our good prices (at least we hope you find them good). Yup - we are in 1-net. Our bandwidth price is good because we buy large amounts. Also, not sure how much we can talk about our concept without it becoming promotional, but we want to offer a truly self-manageable cloud offering that ticks off boxes that are important to seasoned cloud users (HA failover, ceph storage - not local storage, SSD servers, on-the-fly scaling, and good bandwidth), make it self-manageable, but with simple signup process and management.

if you can offer a 7$/month , that would be good as well :), waiting for it .. yeah!.. I've been looking for a good VPS in asia for almost 5months now.. Hoping you're one of them who can serve us a good and fast servers.

• I wish you have larger disk (non-SSD) packages... It's nice you have Indonesian pages as well. Indra sounds like Indonesian name.

• @simplercloud said:

Honoured for the mention. Thanks hiphiphip0, wcgodz and budi1413. Still finding our way around here. hiphiphip0, for your vm, there was a slight glitch with password reset, which seems to appear once in awhile during VM creation. Yes the front end is HostBill, it is KVM on CloudStack. We don't use onapp. Our servers are supermicro servers with ultrafast SSD drives and distributed, self-healing CEPH storage system. So BTW, just a note - it is not local storage :) Servelets are redundant and elastic.

hi @simplercloud
    i ordered asap after read this thread and the speedtest result wasnt very good :( got a problem with that ?

• @iSky said:
    i ordered asap after read this thread and the speedtest result wasnt very good :( got a problem with that ?

Care to share the result? :)

• just got this for the speedtest. http://www.speedtest.net/result/3069037624.png for the multi server, i stop it before finish.... it was taking longer than i expected and as i still in mobile and cannot wait it finish

• simplercloudsimplercloud Member
    edited October 2013

hi @dalcomp - yes! indra is from indonesia @eLohkCalb, @DalComp @add_iT @ravenchad - good feedback on plan suggestion, we are considering. thanks!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I would consider trying out one too if there was an $5 for 512 MB package.

• hi sky @iSky

Thanks for your order, appreciate it. Checked our system - think we have located your account; do you want to open a support ticket and send us a ping+ tracert result?

We currently have 2 x 1 Gbps links to our upstream provider with 100mbps committed bandwidth, and commitments for larger amounts. No sharing or overselling, but no commitment of dedicated throughput to each customer. We will upgrade and increase bandwidth as we grow. But currently we have more than double the utilized average capacity. At the moment we have two 100mbps dedicated connections so if you can pull in 100mbps (depending on your upstream) you will be able to receive that.