Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much would you pay?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much would you pay?

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
edited February 2023 in Help

Howdy!
I intend to diversify the range of services for HAZI.ro by adding for the first time specialized servers for games (we will also offer KVM servers, not actual games) and for a start we want to buy a server that contains:

• Ryzen 7950X
  • 128GB RAM DDR5 5200MHz
  • 36TB Storage Datacenter edition
  • 4TB Storage NVMe M2 Samsung 980 PRO

Being the first time we offer services with such exclusive hardware, we do not have a clear idea of how much people would be willing to pay for these resources.

I thought of the following price scheme:

• 5 euros for each dedicated vCPU (4.5GHz -> 5.7GHz) and 2.5 euros for each shared core
  • 2 euros for each GB of RAM
  • 1 euro for each 15GB NVMe
  • 1 euro for each 100GB SATA

I accept any kind of suggestions and questions because my topic can be useful to others who have or will have similar intentions.

EDIT: This server will be hosted in Romania.

Best regards, Florin.

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2023

"build your own plan" specs come with a risk. When someone comes along and buys 16 cores with 1GB of ram and 15gb nvme you've leased the whole server out for 83EUR, with all the ram and disk going to waste.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@jackb said:
    "build your own plan" specs come with a risk. When someone comes along and buys 16 cores with 1GB of ram and 15gb nvme you've leased the whole server out for 83EUR, with all the ram and disk going to waste.

Hello!
    I didn't say that we offer the option to make such configurations, I meant that the built packages will basically have exponents of this base price.

Thank you for your feedback!

• nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep

High performance gaming clients don't use virtualized servers, the best option is bare metal servers.

• I need to consult @cociu on this before I can answer.

Thanked by 1Marx
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@nullroute said:
    High performance gaming clients don't use virtualized servers, the best option is bare metal servers.

I would have agreed with you if I didn't have almost all OVH Game resources permanently sold :)

Good luck with your sales!

• $7/yr of course

Thanked by 2jazzii gbzret4d
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jmaxwell said:
    $7/yr of course

Lies.

$7 lifetime or no deal.

Thanked by 1jazzii
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@FlorinMarian said:

• Ryzen 7950X
    • 128GB RAM DDR5 5200MHz
    • 36TB Storage Datacenter edition
    • 4TB Storage NVMe M2 Samsung 980 PRO

I thought of the following price scheme:

• 5 euros for each dedicated vCPU (4.5GHz -> 5.7GHz) and 2.5 euros for each shared core
    • 2 euros for each GB of RAM
    • 1 euro for each 15GB NVMe
    • 1 euro for each 100GB SATA

Let's look at a tangible LET example: 1 shared vCore, 1 GB RAM, 22 GB NVMe plus what connectivity and traffic volume is included? = 2.50 + 2 + 1.50 = 6 €/mo

That's a bit meee (expensive, looking from low-end perspective), but yeah, I get ít, it's a beast processor.

• Romanian Location -> Not interesting

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2023

2C2G20GB2TB @ $20-$30/yr including all fees

Thanked by 2yoursunny hyperblast
  • @DP said:

@jmaxwell said:
    $7/yr of course

Lies.

$7 lifetime or no deal.

Ok but my lifetime, not provider’s.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

It s you own hardward or rented hardward?

Regards,
    Calin

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@deadpool said:
    $8

$9 p/l

@FatGrizzly outbids @jmaxwell @deadpool

• @FlorinMarian said:

@jackb said:

Hello!
    I didn't say that we offer the option to make such configurations, I meant that the built packages will basically have exponents of this base price.

Thank you for your feedback!

Then price out some example packages so people can see what you'd offer.