Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What DNS Provider do you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What DNS Provider do you use?

kaitkait Member
edited January 2023 in General

What DNS Provider do you use for your domains and how much do you pay if any? And do you think there is still room in the market?

I currently use Hetzner as my DNS provider because its free, looks nice and I have a vps with them. But want to setup my own but would be fun if other people wanted to use mine but the market looks pretty busy.

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

https://gcore.com/dns - I pay $0.
    Performance is amazing(they have shit ton of PoP's), pretty much 100% uptime, amazing support(even as a free user) and very generous free package that includes things you have to pay for elsewhere.
    9/10 (the only downside is lack for dnssec, but its being worked at and should be shipped soon)

https://1984.is/ - their DNS is free and I have used it for quite some time, its very very basic and not very redundant - but never really had problems with it.

Also have some legacy infrastructure at cloudflare - its OK, but its nothing special really, speaking of DNS - competitors offer way way more at better prices.

Thanked by 2let_rocks iqbal
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Cloudns, dns.he.net and our in house dns depending on use.

Thanked by 1AuroraZero
  • I use my own, primary on OVH (private) and 3 public secondaries on other VPS instances, across different providers and geographic locations.

Years ago, I used to have about 6 free secondary DNS as backups, secondary.com, UltraDNS and BuddyDNS, but they'd all fallen out of use at some point when I'd changed registrars and only listed my own secondaries.

I tried to start using BuddyDNS again recently, and on my personal domain which doesn't get a massive amount of traffic, I managed to completely blitz through my free monthly query allowance within a week, so I dropped it again sharpish.

• ns1
    he.net (self-hosted hidden master, for dnssec support)
    desec.io
    cloudflare

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

Cloudflare and Cloudns.

• do you know any ns1 resellers? they don't offer paid plans to non-enterprise..

• @nanankcornering said:

do you know any ns1 resellers? they don't offer paid plans to non-enterprise..

Maybe ask their sale? I once asked if I could get a slightly larger plan than the free plan and they were quite accommodating, but I decided to use he.net at that time.

• Cloudflare
    because cloudflare tunnel is useful, helping me run a website without having to worry about source IP leak. I didn't find any other provider that provides similar feature so far

Thanked by 2Erisa greentea
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Some hosted, some self hosted.
    1984 is neat.

• Cloudflare lol

Thanked by 1greentea
  • cochoncochon Member
    edited January 2023

Edit: Sorry misread the question

• cloudflare and afraid.org

• Cloudns as Primary
    Hetzner as Secondary

• 1984, afraid.org, desec, luadns, and sometimes the DNS of a domain registry

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Cloudflare

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@MannDude said:
    Cloudns, dns.he.net and our in house dns depending on use.

in house dns is free for public or restricted to customers?

Cloudflare, desec.io and dns.he.net

• Using CloudFlare. Mainly because I am transferring my domains to CF to cut renewal costs.

• @treesmokah said: >https://gcore.com/dns - I pay $0.
    Performance is amazing(they have shit ton of PoP's), pretty much 100% uptime, amazing support(even as a free user) and very generous free package that includes things you have to pay for elsewhere.

The free plan supports geo DNS?

• Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2023

dnsmadeeasy

I used to use rage4 but... eh... Since they aggressively grew their pricing model I've since moved away from them.

Cloudflare. Maybe some registrar DNS.

But that anycast DNS <3

• @dotcomUNDERGROUND said:

@treesmokah said: >https://gcore.com/dns - I pay $0.

The free plan supports geo DNS?

I think it does, I don't use it tho.

• Iam here in Germany and using Quad9 and dnsforge.de.

• bunny, so far i love it

• Vultr for most of my domains.

• Bunny.net
    20i (Google DNS)

• He.net definitely

• Cloudflare for DNS, CDN and security

Thanked by 1Talistech
  • Cloudflare

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Close to being my 5th year with ClouDNS.

Domains where I give out subs to my close friends will go on HE’s free DNS.

• NextDNS, love the filtering options and very customizable.