Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SyS , Kimsufi closing down , Migrating ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SyS , Kimsufi closing down , Migrating ?

Dear XXX,

We regret to inform you that due to a technical error,

ip-145.xxx.xxx.240/29,
ns311xxx.ip-51-xx-xx.eu,
ns312xxx.ip-xx-xx-166.eu,
ns322xxx.ip-xx-187-1xx.eu

has (have) been renewed for the past months, however the corresponding invoices were not >issued.

We apologize for this error and the inconvenience.

The issue has been fixed and as of January 23rd, your due invoices up to January 2023 will be available by logging into your Kimsufi and/or Soyoustart Control Panel(s).

Please make payment via wire transfer using the bank account details provided on your invoices.

If you do not wish to maintain these services active, you may terminate them.

We also inform you that your services will be definitely closed on March 20th, 2023, as a new generation of services, "Eco OVHcloud", are now available for an improved user experience: https://eco.ovhcloud.com/asia/

We encourage you to open an account and to subscribe to "Eco OVHcloud" services and migrate your current hosted data to these new services, as your current services will be closed and the corresponding hosted data deleted on March 20th, 2023.

Please find attached two guides designed to walk you through these steps:

the new OVHcloud account creation https://help-beta.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-account-information-create-ovhcloud-account?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0043022
the migration of data from one dedicated server to another
https://help-beta.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-dedicated-servers-migrate-data-from-one-dedicated-server-to-another?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0043700
If you have any queries, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,

The OVHcloud Team

Just Got this wired email from SoyouStart. and just cant understand . the services mentioned here are already expired and I didn't renew them on purpose and let them expire. and on my SoyouStart panel its showing .

Also look like all of the soyoustart and kimsufi services will expire/close on 20th march ?

Your ns311xxx.ip-51-xx-xx.eu server expired on 2022-06-25.
You can renew it by clicking this link.

Your ns312xxx.ip-xx-xx-166.eu server expired on 2022-10-04.

Your ns322xxx.ip-xx-187-1xx.eu server expired on 2022-11-22.

Comments

• Yeah good thanks and yourself?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • you have the following options:
    1) try to renew it and make the payment
    2) wait and do nothing
    3) make the payment and do nothing

(or just ask soyoustart about this shit. we can't know the answer.)

• karanchookaranchoo Member
    edited January 2023

I Guess the email is not only regarding my services .

We also inform you that your services will be definitely closed on March 20th, 2023, as a new generation of services, "Eco OVHcloud", are now available for an improved user experience: https://eco.ovhcloud.com/asia/

Look like all of kimsufi and soyoustart services ordered via sys and kimsufi website will be closed down from 20th march. ?

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

@karanchoo said:

Look like all of kimsufi and soyoustart services ordered via sys and kimsufi website will be closed down from 20th march. ?

Your server is too old and uses too much power. They will merge SyS and Kimsufi under new website. Prices are about the same, but the servers will be better.

• @stefeman said:

@karanchoo said:

Your server is too old and uses too much power. They will merge SyS and Kimsufi under new website. Prices are about same, but the servers will be better.

I have almost 10 servers from them most ordered within past few months.

• This e-mail is a mess, seems like there are two issues
    1. They forgot to bill you for additional IPs for few months, they will add missing/old invoices and you are expected to pay...
    2. They closing down some old thing (your service using it) on 20th March and you can/should migrate to the Eco OVHCloud Asia - maybe

What a fucking mess, but it's OVH, kinda expected (?). Login to panel - maybe there is some warning/message there with some details. If not ask support wtf.

Thanked by 2Maounique arda
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2023

@karanchoo

(a) right in the banner on top of their "Eco" page they say "Eco servers: [...]
    Choose the most suitable dedicated server for your project from our Kimsufi, So you Start and Rise ranges" (emphasis mine)

(b) So what? They ask almost €30/mo (VAT incl.) plus almost €40 Setup fee (VAT incl.) for an old 4-core proc, 32GB memory and either dual 2TB HDD or dual 480 GB SSD and 100 Mb/s bandwidth -or- you can get stone age junk (2core Atom with 1TB HDD) for €6/mo (VAT incl.) plus, of course a (albeit less excessive) setup fee.
    And that in a 25% off "flash sale" promo!

Plus, of course, a free ticket for their 'will your "DC" burn down or not?' lottery.

Thanks, no.

• forced migration will be death ovh. I will not transfer hundreds of vds nodes to new servers. I will write in OVH tickets, every days, for 10 years with the same text as OVH throw clients

• @alice2k said:
    forced migration will be death ovh. I will not transfer hundreds of vds nodes to new servers. I will write in OVH tickets, every days, for 10 years with the same text as OVH throw clients

They probly move compatible servers to the manager directly.

• @JabJab said:
    This e-mail is a mess, seems like there are two issues
    1. They forgot to bill you for additional IPs for few months, they will add missing/old invoices and you are expected to pay...
    2. They closing down some old thing (your service using it) on 20th March and you can/should migrate to the Eco OVHCloud Asia - maybe

What a fucking mess, but it's OVH, kinda expected (?). Login to panel - maybe there is some warning/message there with some details. If not ask support wtf.

There whole system is already a mess , I have 4 accounts with them , Kimsufi / soyoustart / ovh.ie / ovhcloud.com , have total almost 20 servers with them , they usually don't reply to support tickets or take weeks to reply but I never needed the support anyway . but now as they are merging things its on another level . I guess they will more mess up account to account migration .

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

Jesus Christ!!! I was about to give up my second account with ovh.ie because they refused to remove VAT and keep my old Kimsufi one only where VAT has been already removed a couple of years ago. If they will be closing my old KSs and force me to move to the VAT account I will probably not renew anything. I am curious though, some services are active up to August (paid for).

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

It will be a very stupid move. Forcibly close services that are simply renew for years.

I have about 300 servers on SYS and KS which are just being renewed since 2016. There are quite a few servers that are paid up to 2025 in advance.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I haven’t received any such emails about discontinuing service. Anyone else?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jar said:
    I haven’t received any such emails about discontinuing service. Anyone else?

OVH can take weeks, to deliver you such newsletter.
    Plus they say March, likely you get it in the next few weeks.

Thanked by 1jar
  • titustitus Member
    edited January 2023

@stefeman said: Your server is too old and uses too much power. They will merge SyS and Kimsufi under new website. Prices are about the same, but the servers will be better.

So if they decide to change an 'old equipment' what an exist customers use actively, they not provide any replacement server automatically in the same price range without setup fee? Just simple remove the service with a 'deadline' date? Strange and sounds unfair.

...and if You are unlucky, the wanted equipment status in the website is continuously/always "out of stock" (like KS1). +pay the "setup fee" again.

• cyagoncyagon Member
    edited January 2023

@stefeman said:

@alice2k said:
    forced migration will be death ovh. I will not transfer hundreds of vds nodes to new servers. I will write in OVH tickets, every days, for 10 years with the same text as OVH throw clients

They probly move compatible servers to the manager directly.

@ninzo59 Said it so, at least:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177977/eco-ovhcloud-kimsufi-so-you-start-rise-united-into-ovhcloud/p1

But the time targeted for said migration was "late 2022" but nothing has come yet, as also seen here: https://community.ovh.com/en/t/eco-dedicated-servers-faq-i-am-already-a-kimsufi-and-or-so-you-start-customer/12925

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • edited January 2023
    No closure on KS and SYS.

Just got the information that the lowendtalk thread is related to a limited list of SYS and KS customers (less than 100) on a specific geographic area where our KS/SYS payment processor where not able to retrieve money. We consequently asked those customers to migrate to ECO services (where our payment processor is different).

Regards,

Germain

This is from Germain Masse who works at ovhcloud.com just came in on the mailing lists.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@FingerlessGloves said: a specific geographic area where our KS/SYS payment processor where not able to retrieve money

Sounds like some BS. We cannot process payments (but here are these invoices, please go and pay), we cannot implement a different way to process payments (but we did on the ECO site), so we delete your server, tnx.

@karanchoo where are you located?

Thanked by 1karanchoo
  • This is the first ever email I Got.

I am still paying , 2 of my Sys servers expiring April 2023 and one in June 2023.

@rm_ Asia/Pakistan.

@FingerlessGloves said:

No closure on KS and SYS.

Just got the information that the lowendtalk thread is related to a limited list of SYS and KS customers (less than 100) on a specific geographic area where our KS/SYS payment processor where not able to retrieve money. We consequently asked those customers to migrate to ECO services (where our payment processor is different).

Regards,

Germain

This is from Germain Masse who works at ovhcloud.com just came in on the mailing lists.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@karanchoo said: Pakistan

That could explain it, Pakistan is notoriously difficult with international payments, albeit @rm_ 's objection still stands.

• From the big man himself on mailing list:

it concerns < 100 cust from Pakistan that
    didn’t want to switch to our new payment
    system.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Vova1234 said:
    It will be a very stupid move. Forcibly close services that are simply renew for years.

After several years:

1. "We are launching new brand: OVH Fog"
    2. "Please order new services on OVH Fog instead of OVH Cloud"
    3. "We are not renewing old services on OVH Cloud, please order another on OVH Fog"

Here goes your $0.97/month VPS.

Thanked by 2jon617 tux
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:

@Vova1234 said:

After several years:

1. "We are launching new brand: OVH Fog"
    2. "Please order new services on OVH Fog instead of OVH Cloud"
    3. "We are not renewing old services on OVH Cloud, please order another on OVH Fog"

Here goes your $0.97/month VPS.

does ovh fog collocate in your south pole dc?

Thanked by 1yoursunny