Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMBHosting Offline???? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMBHosting Offline????

Comments

• Sturdyvps

I am a registered partner with DMB hosting. So i hold the right to take decisions for DMB hosting, you can verify this information with Daimon.

• @hirayamol - Your partnership hasn't been contested (yet). I'm just honestly curious as to why we should trust this new company when you didn't even send out emails to existing clients explaining the situation. All of us were pretty much left in the dark until this recent development... which no offense, looks very strongly like "Hey, I'm affiliated with this now-defunct company. I opened a new brand, sorry you got left in the dark last time, but it's cool to start giving me money again".

Thanked by 1nabo
  • jhjh Member

@Aldryic

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The new brand is not happening.

• Aah. So what's the current plan, if any? I see that Damion's active on facebook.. I haven't messaged him myself since I don't really know the guy personally, but it seems like someone would've gotten ahold of him by now.

• First of all sincerest apologies from my side, as i didn't send out any e-mails.
    I was expecting that Daimon would be back, and would start to handle business as usual and things would be back on track. But unfortunately Daimon is still facing a lot of problems, so i had to take some action.

• @liam

yes i do know him

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited March 2012

@hirayamol

So is @Jtodd taking over the clients?

• jhjh Member

No

• Bloody hell, give me access to the servers and ill sort it out :L

• @totanicsaled

Im sure no one would have any objections to this.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@liam said: Seen as he's active on Facebook, someone post on his wall?

That's just a little rude.. with all his other stuff going on etc.

• @titanicsaled said: Bloody hell, give me access to the servers and ill sort it out :L

Let's do this...

• jhjh Member

There are more important things in the world than VPSs, and low end ones especially. He's going through a lot of nasty stuff and I think his hosting company is the least of his concerns.

Please give the poor guy a break.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@liam said: @jtodd said: There are more important things in the world than VPSs, and low end ones especially. He's going through a lot of nasty stuff and I think his hosting company is the least of his concerns.

I feel really bad for the guy and the personal troubles he's going through. With that being said, while it may be the least of his concerns, the people that signed up with him that are using him for production and don't have access to their data, they're freaking out and likely losing a lot of sleep.

Best of luck to him and his family.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2012

The Xen node is up by the way. Just the Solus master isn't because it's seperate, and the main website isn't.

• @Francisco said: don't have access to their data

My VPS on the Xen node is up with the data still there.

• @sturdyvps said: Hmm, this co-owner of DMBHosting - does he have authority to authorize anything? Is he officially registered as a co-owner at the Companies House?

There is 3 Directors

Daimon,Amol & Someone called Kathryn.

So yes they do.

• @DanielM

Kathryn is just listed as a company secretary. She is not a director.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2012

@hirayamol said: Kathryn is just listed as a company secretary.

So you banging her?
    (Sorry had to quote how i met your mother)

• Offline from the UK.

• jon617jon617 Veteran

I for one do not use dmbhosting for production services, and if I did, I would move my stuff quickly. Besides, if someone wants to rent a low-budget virtual server, you really will get what you pay for. If you want uptime and a large support staff, go with Linode or Rackspace Cloud. Personally, I would rather have 4 VPSs around the world at $7/mo each than one at $25/mo, because even the most reliable servers will go down at some point. If I lose one low-budget VPS, I'll replace it with another. There are plenty out there.

I have a Xen instance in Manchester, and it is currently online. I suspect it will not be super reliable for a little while longer until the owner can devote more time back into it, but it's a low-budget VPS that I can afford to keep for non-production use. If it goes down again or I get frustrated, I will leave. You should too.

I don't think it's fair to judge someone on personal events that I know little about, but I agree it isn't fair to keep customers in the dark. I had to google to find this message thread, and would have appreciated an honest email to customers like myself. If I didn't find this thread, I would have cancelled a week ago.

• IntcsIntcs Member

Now I actually believe all the stuff he is having, thanks to all the others here with access to his facebook (if only someone could sacrifice his personal account and give it away to me :P I wouldn't miss everything :() .
    But if that's honestly the only problem/reason then I will give time before deciding to permanently discard their VPS.

@dmmcintyre3 said: My VPS on the Xen node is up with the data still there.

OVZ in uk is up and running as well.

• @liam They have expertvps.net for this...

• @peppr

Lol, thought that wasn't going ahead now :P

• jhjh Member

@VMPort said: Lol, thought that wasn't going ahead now :P

I registered it in case it was to go ahead. It now looks very unlikely.

• I don't even understand what's going on here, were they going to sell DMB to you or was he just prepared to give away his lively hood/client base.

This all seems quite a mess of affairs.

Thanked by 1nabo
  • @hirayamol Contact me ASAP please. Thank you.

• @jon617 said: you really will get what you pay for.

I'm starting to get sick of this phrase. If you advertise it, you jolly well deliver it.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2012

@Boltersdriveer said: I'm starting to get sick of this phrase. If you advertise it, you jolly well deliver it.

Agree
    Or just don't promote it and GTFO!

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • @sturdyvps said: Contact me ASAP please. Thank you.

Constantinos Coudounaris don't dare to touch our datas!