Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW HOSTING SERVER HARDWARE! URRGH!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW HOSTING SERVER HARDWARE! URRGH!

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2023 in General

Hey Guys!

got a fair old amount of budget, to refresh out web hosting servers , i know a lot of hosts are going full Ryzen "but it desktop Non enterprise hardware" "never found anywhere you can source Ryzen 1u/2u servers",

in my mind im thinking should be Xeon (Enterprise Kit)

Looking at Dual Socket E5s but might be going total overkill for this ,

What do most hosts do now?

just trying to invest in new hardware that give the best bang for your buck & performance!

PS "not hatters plz" were a DA House!

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

EPYC 7003 series with 100 Gbps network.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@yoursunny said:

Minimum AMD EPYC 9654 or you will lose SEO rankings to CPU bottleneck lag.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2023

Let me guess, First gen E5-2680's? I'd rather have that Ryzen lol. With all the patches, that old ass Xeon will lose 50% of its performance.

If you must go with old dual socket hardware, at least don't go under v4 unless you are selling dedicated servers.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:
    Let me guess, First gen E5-2680's? I'd rather have that Ryzen lol. With all the patches, that old ass Xeon will lose 50% of its performance.

If you must go with old dual socket hardware, at least don't go under v4 unless you are selling dedicated servers.

Hey @stefeman its HP G10 Servers were going to be getting . Either Dl360 or DL 380s

there HP's Latest Gen Servers

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • @crunchbits said:

@yoursunny said:

I'm assuming that applies to something like WordPress, a CMS, etc... but surely not static sites, right?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jlet88 said:

@crunchbits said:

@yoursunny said:

I'm assuming that applies to something like WordPress, a CMS, etc... but surely not static sites, right?

Mentally strong people don't use WordPress 💩💩💩.
    We respond to incoming packets in an XDP program, which runs in the NIC driver.

• Yeah, it was probably a dumb question on my part. I realize now you guys are talking hosting shop. B) I'm a consumer of services and have clients who use WordPress, etc., but I'm not a provider looking for hardware, so I see I stepped into a thread where my questions aren't relevant! Sorry! Ignore my post!

• 64 core epyc rome is only $899

Some Xeon scalable stuff are cheap too if power efficiency don't matter.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@stefeman said:

Hey @stefeman its HP G10 Servers were going to be getting . Either Dl360 or DL 380s

there HP's Latest Gen Servers

Latest gen with an E5? Isn't that a 5+ year old chip line(v4)? Replacement line is Xeon bronze, silver, gold and platinum?

• go with Epic 7003 or 9004, you can`t go wrong with them.
    Your old hardware made me not buying from you when i tried your service.