Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many VPS or dedicated servers do you guys currently have? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many VPS or dedicated servers do you guys currently have?

Comments

• 49 vps’s
    8 dedi

• 4x Vultr (in APAC region, yay for their bandwidth bump recently)
    5x BuyVM (all locations for Anycast + 1 extra for Personal)
    3x Misaka
    1x Xenyth
    (Trend there being BGP Sessions)

From black friday/cyber monday deals:
    1x LiteServer
    1x GreenCloudVPS
    1x Netcup
    1x LevelOneServers

Plus 1x Hetzner Dedi

So, 17, mostly lower spec ones. None of them are idle.

I thought I had an addiction but compared to some of you I'm in the clear. Thanks for making me feel better ;p

• @mmo25821 @jmaxwell are you guys running any kind of hosting company?

• Twelve, too beaucoup.

Free ☺:

• MicroLXC (CL)
    • NanoKVM (NO)

Prod:

• BuyVM (LU)
    • Hosthatch (SE)
    • InceptionHosting (NL)
    • Online (FR)
    • Servarica (CA)
    • Veesp (RU)

Drop:

• Alexhost (MD)
    • Hosthatch (CH)
    • OVH (US)
    • Webhosting24 (US)
    Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • @fluffernutter said:
    I think in total probably around 90 VPS, and ~8 dedis plus a few racks of colo. All personal stuff, mostly used for scraping and preserving the internet.

Who have been the best providers for you?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @monk said:

This could actually be an interesting follow up. All you people with lots of vps's, which providers would you buy more from? Or, which providers will you never buy from again?

I must say that for me, Hosthatch and Servarica has been flawless. Nexusbytes and Terrahost has technically worked well, but the recent controversy surrounding their owners have made me hesitate to renew my services there. Racknerd has been incredible bang for the buck, but their reluctance to provide ipv6 is a dealbreaker for me.

Thanked by 2greentea harrison
  • I support @monk and @rcy026 comments! Can you tell me who your best provider is? I am also interested in hearing from those who have a lot of VPS.

• @Sapcedor said:
    I support @monk and @rcy026 comments! Can you tell me who your best provider is? I am also interested in hearing from those who have a lot of VPS.

Not going to fool me you Fed, not giving up my crack supplier so easily.

• @monk said:

@fluffernutter said:
    I think in total probably around 90 VPS, and ~8 dedis plus a few racks of colo. All personal stuff, mostly used for scraping and preserving the internet.

Virmach and HostHatch by far for VMs.

Pebblehost and Terrahost for dedis.

Virmach has one of the nicest US networks I've experienced, thanks to Internap's network. I used to pay quite a bit more to nfoservers for the same level of network performance, so I'm really happy with the move. Services have been stable, around 200 day uptime on most of my VMs (VM count: ~45).

Hosthatch is my favorite EU/APAC provider, I have a VM in all their locations (besides Japan) and performance is excellent. Lots of bandwidth, pretty nice network, and attachable storage "slabs" are nice. I run most of my personal infra out of their Amsterdam location, routing is excellent and global latency is pretty respectable (VM count: ~35)

Pebblehost gave me a pretty OK deal on a dedi in the UK, $30/month for an e5-2680v2 and 64g ram, plus a 500g SSD. The SSD is actually terrible, they swapped it 3 times (which was very nice of them) but they're just using a shitty model of SSD without DRAM caching. I asked if I could pay to upgrade to a usable SSD and was told no. Still a nice box, will definitely hold onto it.

Terrahost's dedi special was great, paid a year upfront and got a very nice system in Norway. I'm not sure if I would recommend them outside of Norway since they seem to be singlehomed to GTT in Amsterdam and Kansas (which sucks, they used to have a nice network in Kansas) and I try to go for a good network connection instead of a lot of cheap bulk bandwidth. GTT routing is pretty not spectacular so I try to avoid them when possible. Excellent support staff, had a hardware issue and was resolved in minutes. Would buy again, but only in Norway.

Hosts I don't really like all too much:

Basically any CC host, any of the purple ones, anyone using Path, and any sort of reseller. If a host doesn't have their own IP space, hardware, or network blend then I avoid them on principle (with the exception of HostingByDesign since they provide actual value and aren't just pointless leeches).

I have experience with basically every provider on the LE* market, some are great, some are terrible, but I try to keep myself loyal to only 2-3 providers to simplify things for myself.

• @Hxxx said:
    Cheaper to colo baby. Think about it (insert meme here). Do the math.

Upfront cost and flexibility disagree.

• @Sapcedor said:
    @mmo25821 @jmaxwell are you guys running any kind of hosting company?

for me no i dont

personal and buissnes use and i like to lose my money😂

• @Hxxx said:
    Cheaper to colo baby. Think about it (insert meme here). Do the math.

Depends, I like being spread out across regions. I could buy a 1u e3 server for an "edge" location and then colo it for $50/month, or I could just grab a $10 VM that has roughly the same amount of power, and scale up/down as needed. Colo is only really a better deal when you want to either have a large presence in a specific region, or if you need something that is generally expensive for dedi/vps providers to offer (for example, a few of my racks have 40/100g public uplinks, which would be incredibly expensive to do on rented dedis). Generally for storage focused tasks it's cheaper to colo, if you're ok with buying a fuckton of drives at once. That said, I still have one of those 10x16TB HDD boxes from hetzner because they priced it at 100 euro per month and I'm pretty sure just the power cost for those drives + the server would be more than 100 euro in the EU.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @fluffernutter said: That said, I still have one of those 10x16TB HDD boxes from hetzner because they priced it at 100 euro per month and I'm pretty sure just the power cost for those drives + the server would be more than 100 euro in the EU.

Then Hetzner deserves a name in your signature.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • fluffernutterfluffernutter Member
    edited January 2023

@noisycode said:

@fluffernutter said: That said, I still have one of those 10x16TB HDD boxes from hetzner because they priced it at 100 euro per month and I'm pretty sure just the power cost for those drives + the server would be more than 100 euro in the EU.

Then Hetzner deserves a name in your signature.

Signature hasn't been updated in over a year, should probably get on that.

EDIT: all up to date now with everyone I use

Thanked by 1greentea
  • wii747wii747 Member
    edited January 2023

Dedis (OVH)
    1x SYS-LE-2 (France)
    1x KS-1 (France)

VPS
    1x NextGenWebs(Netherlands)
    1x Inception Hosting (UK)
    1x Storage server Liteserver (Netherlands)
    1x Kuroit (UK)

Thanked by 2Sapcedor greentea
  • Is really Hetzner that good?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • I have 45 VM`s. Thinking to change the provider but i havent found cheaper

paying total $224.95 for 45 VM

$4.99/month for

1 vCPU core Xeon E5-1620 v2

Unlimited CPU core 3.7GHz

2GB ECC RAM

200GB HDD RAID-5

Linux/Windows OS

Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth

1 IPv4

Private networking

DDoS protection

Location - France

ANYONE SUGGEST ME CHEAPER PLEASE

Thanked by 2greentea Sapcedor
  • @milanista2006 in which provider you have the 45 vm?

• 2x Limewave

But I can feel the addiction coming on.

Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • @Sapcedor said:
    @milanista2006 in which provider you have the 45 vm?

wishosting.com ... im new here i dont know if im allowed to post links ??? sorry

So do you know any other provider cheaper ?

Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • I've moved pretty much everything I have to a single local server, and some cold storage. Electricity cost is about $150/year and I figure I will breakeven compared to hosted in about 5 years.

I've kept one VirMach BF special and of course Oracle Cloud VMs for misc stuff. I've been using them to do slow AV1 encoding to save on electricity lol.

Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • ElonBezosElonBezos Member
    edited January 2023

Personal use:

MicroLXC (CHILE) Free
    NanoKVM (FL) Free
    Micronode (UK, CA, FR, FR) cheapo private vpn/LB
    VanwaTech (TX) Free
    Webhorizon (SG) private vpn

Production:

InceptionHost (UK)
    Hostcram (TX)
    Greencloud (SG)
    Netdynamic24 (NL)(FTP Backup)

Cancel or maybe kept for playing, let see:

Virmache (TYO)
    Greencloud (NJ)
    Greencloud Storage (SG)

not included some other shared host reseller plans & domains

deleted: OBHost BF (DE), Racknerd (LA), Racknerd Ryzen SJ (regreted), Racknerd Shared Reseller SG (regreted), Buyvm LV (regreted)

Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • @harrison said:
    noob on lowendtalk

me_irl

Thanked by 2harrison greentea
  • new to this so got 2 like the meme.

never was able to setup my oracle account for the extra 4. they just keep rejecting all my cards lol.

• around 200 vps’s, 10 dedi.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @milanista2006 said:
    $4.99/month for

2GB ECC RAM

200GB HDD RAID-5

Linux/Windows OS

1 IPv4

Private networking

DDoS protection

Location - France

Possible to get an yabs for it?
    Thank you in advance :)

• @adwsislife said:

@milanista2006 said:
    $4.99/month for

2GB ECC RAM

200GB HDD RAID-5

Linux/Windows OS

1 IPv4

Private networking

DDoS protection

Location - France

Possible to get an yabs for it?
    Thank you in advance :)

Sorry not english native, i dont understand what yabs means ? If you can be more open welcome. Regards

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Some of you have some hardcore setups.