Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanwatech is a bizarre scam - do not use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vanwatech is a bizarre scam - do not use

xespoxespo Member
edited January 2023 in Providers

Here's my experience with them

I got invoiced for an amount far beyond what we agreed by private chat. I asked for an email invoice of the correct amount for what we originally agreed, and they refused and then insulted me.

I also got hacked while using them through an obscure site only they would have known about. However, I cannot say for sure or not whether it was them who hacked me. Weird coincidence though for only using them for a few weeks, and had never been hacked before.

I get creeped out and ask for all my services to be moved out or canceled.

The Vanwatech owner then lies to me that my Enom account may have been hacked, and he needs to investigate himself. After that I said I was in contact with Enom and to cut it out, and they stopped their antics and transferred my domain back to me.

I am not the only person having these sorts of issues.

Website owner Sean King posted on Twitter for months about Vanwatech refusing to let him transfer his domain out. He ended up contacting Enom, who Vanwatech resells. Enom eventually gave him his domain by going around Vanwatech.

source:

Thanked by 1Ganonk

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

• xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

vanwa got a lot of attention for a bloomberg article which implied they were running a legitimate, albeit controversial business.

No.. it's just a scam outfit. They even tell their "smaller" customers they only care about their big customers, who I assume they make pay an insane amount, claiming they have "nowhere else to go".

That's not true though. You can find almost everything Vanwatech offers elsewhere from multiple businesses, including the ones they resell.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

There is no evidence of any scam.
    Its just pure "opinion" and "emotions" - to be expected from someone who believes Mentally Ill Sex Pests and has a fucking UA and Taiwan flag in their nickname.

tdlr; nobody gives a shit about you, go back to twitter.

Thanked by 1kait
  • inlandinland Member
    edited January 2023

Lmao, I didn't realize VanwaTech is another product of Nick Lim, a person famous for having a ridiculously inflated ego and making fool of himself online. Basically he spun up a boatload of hosting/DDoS protection projects under various weird names, all of which somehow ended up being used solely for CP and far-right content. VanwaTech is the current incarnation, it seems.

(you don't actually need to watch that nearly 2 hour video, it's enough to just hear him speak for 10 seconds and glance over the comment section)

Thanked by 1seb1g
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@inland said:
    Lmao, I didn't realize VanwaTech is another product of Nick Lim, a person famous for having a ridiculously inflated ego and making fool of himself online. Basically he spun up a boatload of hosting/DDoS protection projects under various weird names, all of which somehow ended up being used solely for CP and far-right content. VanwaTech is the current incarnation, it seems.

(you don't actually need to watch that nearly 2 hour video, it's enough to just hear him speak for 10 seconds and glance over the comment section)

Did someone say Nick Lim?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63a0nyd3r7ugszs/v8xY7cgfNoHzQ6N5.mp4?dl=0

Thanked by 2seb1g doghouch
  • @jar said:

@inland said:

For those who didn't click, that's Nick Lim aka the owner of Vanwatech illegally DDoSing someone

Thanked by 1jar
  • @treesmokah said:
    Its just pure "opinion" and "emotions" - to be expected from someone who believes Mentally Ill Sex Pests and has a fucking UA and Taiwan flag in their nickname.

no idea what you are talking about about "sex pests"

as far as the twitter user, he should be denied a transfer out of vanwatech because he supports Taiwan?

again steer cleer of this company. It's not about politics, he's apolitical scammer

• xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

there is, plenty of vanwatech customers have gotten email invoices for services not rendered. Although admittedly, most of the evidence of him scamming is through Discord as he, like most scammers, tries to avoid a paper trail of him scamming people

always do this type of business over email instead of ephemeral chat services

although the video of him DDoSing someone linked above and his Youtube video of himself projectile vomiting should be enough for people to steer clear

• @xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

For those who didn't click, that's Nick Lim aka the owner of Vanwatech illegally DDoSing someone

There is no DDoS shown and I would be careful making such accusations.
    Innocent until proven guilty.

• @treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

The video shows him booting down Trump's website though?

Thanked by 1xespo
  • @seb1g said:

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

The video shows him booting down Trump's website though?

No, it does not. It shows the site not working for a reason that is unknown and not admitted in video.

edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

I think we found Nick Lim's new account. Here's a video of you showing how to use a booter from the same time period: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yie4ikds26s0d1w/How to DDoS.mp4?dl=0

Took that from your Twitter before you deleted it.

If you're not Nick, you're way too eager to protect his reputation to have anything valuable to say on the topic. You're at the point of explaining away and gaslighting people with great memories. Also, I have the receipts.

Thanked by 2xespo seb1g
    edited January 2023

How to DDOS using Nick Lim's orcatech or whatever it was called booter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zt5yznb7gqnkdx/How to DrDoS for FREE.mp4?dl=0

Gaslight us more. I have copies of all of it.

Thanked by 2xespo seb1g
    edited January 2023

Oh and a zoomed in screenshot of him DOS attacking Trump's website from that first video I posted: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv9jhdk8r8o83tm/unbenannt06oae.jpg?dl=0

All kinds of goodies in my archives. Here's a dump of some of it: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/isb5ag42r6mk5zcepp8di/h?dl=0&rlkey=bhnx7dujz8hsz9tn3kzntlzfu

Who knows how much I really have if I spend more than a couple minutes digging through my Dropbox (which is backed up in 2 separate locations, so don't bother with what you're thinking).

Thanked by 2xespo seb1g
    edited January 2023

@jar said:

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

I think we found Nick Lim's new account. Here's a video of you showing how to use a booter from the same time period: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yie4ikds26s0d1w/How to DDoS.mp4?dl=0

If you're not Nick, you're way too eager to protect his reputation to have anything valuable to say on the topic. You're at the point of explaining away and gaslighting people with great memories. Also, I have the receipts.

I'm not Nick. I just dislike people trying to "ruin" someones reputation without any sensible evidence - I'm not talking about you, as you clearly know what you are talking, but rather "other" people in this thread.

Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care. I'm not here to defend Nick since I never did any business with him.

Also regarding Nick ddosing someone, these videos are obviously old and he was likely a kid back then. I should not tell anyone that mixing shit you've done as a kid with current business is fucky. In fact most DDoS protection providers started with DDoS. For example Path.net CEO (aka Chippy1337) was a prominent figure in DDoS community https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/09/ddos-mitigation-firm-has-history-of-hijacks/

edited January 2023

Fortunately I don't need to ruin his reputation. Every time he pops up here I just dump what I have as a reminder. He's a poor man's version of Johnny from GVH (both talked big game, made outrageous claims, projected success in hopes of creating it, and didn't care about their victims). Take from it what you will, rearrange goal posts as desired, stir for 5 minutes.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@treesmokah said:

@jar said:

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

I'm not Nick. I just dislike people trying to "ruin" someones reputation without any sensible evidence - I'm not talking about you, as you clearly know what you are talking, but rather "other" people in this thread.

Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care. I'm not here to defend Nick since I never did any business with him.

Also regarding Nick ddosing someone, these videos are obviously old and he was likely a kid back then. I should not tell anyone that mixing shit you've done as a kid with current business is fucky. In fact most DDoS protection providers started with DDoS. For example Path.net CEO (aka Chippy1337) was a prominent figure in DDoS community https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/09/ddos-mitigation-firm-has-history-of-hijacks/

So you're saying committing cybercrime as a kid is okay and legal, but illegal when it's an adult?

Thanked by 2xespo jar
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@treesmokah said:

@jar said:

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

So you're saying committing cybercrime as a kid is okay and legal, but illegal when it's an adult?

"cybercrime" is when proven guilty. I'm not aware of Nick being prosecuted for things he allegedly did as a kid. Not to mention that prosecuting a person that committed a "crime" while being a minor is very difficult.

• xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@treesmokah said:

@jar said:

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

"cybercrime" is when proven guilty. I'm not aware of Nick being prosecuted for things he allegedly did as a kid. Not to mention that prosecuting a person that committed a "crime" while being a minor is very difficult.

Should probably also mention the CEO of Vanwatech tried to trap me into paying for a different plan than I agreed to, and when I asked for him to cancel the plan, he just said postponed when the charge would kick in and said he'd cancel it later

• xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@treesmokah said:

@jar said:

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@jar said:

@inland said:

Would recommend against buying servers from people with a known history of cybercrime. I didn't know when I bought but now more people are hopefully informed.

Also Vanwatech had no "transfer out" option for domains on their service. I've never seen that before. Honestly fuck a guy who hates his customers so much they have to call Enom to transfer out. That guy probably has racked up a ton of complaints at Enom.

• @treesmokah said:

tldr; nobody gives a shit about you, go back to Kiwi Farms.

Thanked by 3xespo seb1g martheen
  • xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

weird thing is vanwatech doesn't even service kiwifarms anymore to the best of my knowledge

they failed to protect them from DDoS and then the owner of KF seemed to leave with a negative opinion of vanwatech

edited January 2023

@xespo said:

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

weird thing is vanwatech doesn't even service kiwifarms anymore to the best of my knowledge

they failed to protect them from DDoS and then the owner of KF seemed to leave with a negative opinion of vanwatech

CDN was meh, but yea - Josh haven't paid anything for it from what I remember, so its was not a scam rather a poor performing product(that might've been improved).

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

Wherever I see you, you are angry on the internet.
    I do not remember seeing any constructive post from you ever, but whatever.

• @treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

CDN was meh, but yea - Josh haven't paid anything for it from what I remember, so its was not a scam rather a poor performing product(that might've been improved).

I didn't say they scammed KF, i said they scammed me and others. You don't care and are just trolling this thread. I reported you to the mods and they haven't done anything so nothing else left to do.

• @xespo said:

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

I didn't say they scammed KF, i said they scammed me and others. You don't care and are just trolling this thread. I reported you to the mods and they haven't done anything so nothing else left to do.

I paid them(not) big shekels for them to not ban me for "trolling". If someone not agreeing with you has to be a "troll" - you failed to understand what "trolling" means.

• xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

It's not political though, I have seen no evidence that you'll be magically excempt from Nick's scamming by being of any political persuasion. The lack of a transfer out button and bogus invoices apply to a variety of people. He's also upcharged people who were not of any particular political persuasion.

• @xespo said:
    It's not political though, I have seen no evidence that you'll be magically excempt from Nick's scamming by being of any political persuasion. The lack of a transfer out button and bogus invoices have gone out to a wide variety of people. He's also upcharged people who were not of any particular political persuasion.

I never said it was political, I'm not aware of Nick scamming and I have already said, I'm not here to defend anyone.

I'm just asking questions.

• xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@xespo said:
    It's not political though, I have seen no evidence that you'll be magically excempt from Nick's scamming by being of any political persuasion. The lack of a transfer out button and bogus invoices have gone out to a wide variety of people. He's also upcharged people who were not of any particular political persuasion.

I never said it was political, I'm not aware of Nick scamming and I have already said, I'm not here to defend anyone.

I'm just asking questions.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=JAQing off

He tried to scam me. I also linked another person using his real name saying he was messed with by Vanwatech. Someone else posted at least 3 videos of Nick either illegally DDoSing someone or facilitating it through "stress test" services.

Do you know why Vanwatech has no transfer out button?

• @treesmokah said:

@TimboJones said:

@treesmokah said:

Wherever I see you, you are angry on the internet.
    I do not remember seeing any constructive post from you ever, but whatever.

whoosh He says in response to a copy of his post being the poster child for being unconstructive.

• This Nick kid sounds like a cunt.