Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanwatech is a bizarre scam - do not use - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vanwatech is a bizarre scam - do not use

2»

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2023

@jar said:

@inland said:
    Lmao, I didn't realize VanwaTech is another product of Nick Lim, a person famous for having a ridiculously inflated ego and making fool of himself online. Basically he spun up a boatload of hosting/DDoS protection projects under various weird names, all of which somehow ended up being used solely for CP and far-right content. VanwaTech is the current incarnation, it seems.

(you don't actually need to watch that nearly 2 hour video, it's enough to just hear him speak for 10 seconds and glance over the comment section)

Did someone say Nick Lim?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63a0nyd3r7ugszs/v8xY7cgfNoHzQ6N5.mp4?dl=0

Hey Mr. Trump I will now be demonstrating your website's critical lack of security.

With a simple command your website was rendered temporarily offline, as you can see here.

I am now going to refresh this page. As you can see, your website is offline - no longer loading.

Please contact me and I can protect your website from threats such as these.

(also him: probably saturating his own connection)

Thanked by 2jar seb1g
  • @HalfEatenPie said:
    This Nick kid sounds like a cunt.

he was half a decade ago, and still is. lol

• @doghouch said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Ahh I see.

So he's a ripe old cunt now. But still has nothing to show of it besides a bunch more scams under his belt.

Gotcha. Well, I guess that's one way to be known.

• @treesmokah said:
    There is no evidence of any scam.
    Its just pure "opinion" and "emotions" - to be expected from someone who believes Mentally Ill Sex Pests and has a fucking UA and Taiwan flag in their nickname.

tdlr; nobody gives a shit about you, go back to twitter.

Why are you retarded lmao, always with the weirdest comments.

vanwa.tech is a scam, I ordered a service from them because of the privacy and freedom of speech hoohah, first 2 servers I ordered from them were decent, and delivered on time.

I ordered another server after a while, this time it wasnt delivered even after full payment confirmations, so I assumed it was an internal error and ordered another as i needed a vps asap and decided to open a ticket for the first undelivered server's reimbursement as refund or account credit, But neither server was ever delivered and none of the tickets or messages on discord got a reply.

After a while i emailed them about it and the response from the company's official support email was along the lines of "ask cia for answers" or something like that, I dont remember it exactly as it was a while ago, but it was during one of the mass shootings in USA, (buffalo i think).

vanwa.tech isn't just a scam, the owner is mentally unstable.

Thanked by 1seb1g
  • @neverain said:

@treesmokah said:
    There is no evidence of any scam.
    Its just pure "opinion" and "emotions" - to be expected from someone who believes Mentally Ill Sex Pests and has a fucking UA and Taiwan flag in their nickname.

tdlr; nobody gives a shit about you, go back to twitter.

Why are you retarded lmao, always with the weirdest comments.

vanwa.tech is a scam, I ordered a service from them because of the privacy and freedom of speech hoohah, first 2 servers I ordered from them were decent, and delivered on time.

I ordered another server after a while, this time it wasnt delivered even after full payment confirmations, so I assumed it was an internal error and ordered another as i needed a vps asap and decided to open a ticket for the first undelivered server's reimbursement as refund or account credit, But neither server was ever delivered and none of the tickets or messages on discord got a reply.

After a while i emailed them about it and the response from the company's official support email was along the lines of "ask cia for answers" or something like that, I dont remember it exactly as it was a while ago, but it was during one of the mass shootings in USA, (buffalo i think).

vanwa.tech isn't just a scam, the owner is mentally unstable.

Ok, prove me wrong and present some evidence.

• Plot twist it is just GVH Jonny again. Nick is just one of his 6 million personalities.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Wasn't he in jail? Maybe I am out of loop.

• @Maounique said:
    Wasn't he in jail? Maybe I am out of loop.

No clue if he isn't he damned well should have been. Sounds like this guy needs to be as well, or at the very least needs a good beating with a rubber hose and phone books.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:

@doghouch said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Ahh I see.

So he's a ripe old cunt now. But still has nothing to show of it besides a bunch more scams under his belt.

Gotcha. Well, I guess that's one way to be known.

what an epik scam!

da dum tss

edit: if you watched the video @jar posted, you'll notice that he couldn't even follow his 3 sentence long script properly. lol

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie jar
  • i will leave my $0.02 here. i am just a cheap joe who just wants to run servers for as little money as possible. idc about the person behind the service, as long as the service itself is good.

i jumped in on the opportunity to get the vps, but it took 2+ days of waiting to get through. in the end, they ended up giving credits and making us recreate a new order. now, essentially we need to ask for more credits every month.

the vps itself was not quite as impressive as the initial benchmarks suggest. just updating system packages take awfully long. not having any nat64 solution sucks, especially for linux noobs.

in the end of the day, if you behaved and made one request to get a vps, you are getting a "free" service. make the most of it.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@jignes_k said:
    i will leave my $0.02 here. i am just a cheap joe who just wants to run servers for as little money as possible. idc about the person behind the service, as long as the service itself is good.

i jumped in on the opportunity to get the vps, but it took 2+ days of waiting to get through. in the end, they ended up giving credits and making us recreate a new order. now, essentially we need to ask for more credits every month.

the vps itself was not quite as impressive as the initial benchmarks suggest. just updating system packages take awfully long. not having any nat64 solution sucks, especially for linux noobs.

in the end of the day, if you behaved and made one request to get a vps, you are getting a "free" service. make the most of it.

Whatever, You're essentially wasting time on that free service if you carefully think about it(waiting on apt, or certain proc to finish).

Instead try @Neoon's nanokvm or microlxc, fast and free and good!

you can also try us once we go out public

Thanked by 1jignes_k
  • @FatGrizzly said:

@jignes_k said:
    i will leave my $0.02 here. i am just a cheap joe who just wants to run servers for as little money as possible. idc about the person behind the service, as long as the service itself is good.

Whatever, You're essentially wasting time on that free service if you carefully think about it(waiting on apt, or certain proc to finish).

Instead try @Neoon's nanokvm or microlxc, fast and free and good!

you can also try us once we go out public

if not anything, i am using it as a learning experience. the ones mentioned by you are for users who have posted a lot here, and sadly i am not one of them (yet).

looking forward to your project when it goes live!

• xespoxespo Member
    edited January 2023

@jignes_k said:

my OP was about the service, not the person. His service was lying to me that my Enom account was hacked and he was trying to use that to mess with me.

Another person in the thread said Vanwa was denying deployment of paid servers, refusing to offer refunds, and then only replying with jokey taunting. Aka scamming

Of course such a service needs to resort to handouts to get anywhere, but as soon as you need to interact with the business in any way that shows vulnerability, good luck with that. They prey on their customers, they don't support them.

• @xespo said:

@jignes_k said:

my OP was about the service, not the person. His service was lying to me that my Enom account was hacked and he was trying to use that to mess with me.

Another person in the thread said Vanwa was denying deployment of paid servers, refusing to offer refunds, and then only replying with jokey taunting. Aka scamming

Of course such a service needs to resort to handouts to get anywhere, but as soon as you need to interact with the business in any way that shows vulnerability, good luck with that. They prey on their customers, they don't support them.

thanks for sharing your experience. yet to face something like this but good to know. technically service has been fine, but customer service is equally important, but mostly taken for granted when you go this cheap.

• xespoxespo Member

Vanwatech shut down. https://archive.is/MLOqj
    They suspended all services and took their website offline.
    Owner removed his personal Twitter and Youtube as well

Also 'treesmokah' from this thread is banned from here now.

Thanked by 1ScreenReader