Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking many Dedi Server can allow download torrent - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking many Dedi Server can allow download torrent

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Seeing how Hetzner is cracking down on other heavy usages of the dedis, who knows if they decide to ban also encoding since that will crank the servers to 100% usage for hours at a time 🤷🤷🤷

Just joking ofc.

@jazz1611 said:

@PulsedMedia oh but we can't wait 6 week for those server.

Ok, how about the MiniServers with Intel i5 7500t w/ iGPU which can do encoding? Not familiar enough with the iGPU encoder to say how much flexibility you have on quality etc. you probably know much better.

Best thing -> These are CHEAP per unit, so you could run many in parallel.
    We can have 16 for you within a week.

We have similar Ryzen units too, but those are all over the place config wise.

Our original beta sales posting: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183297/pulsed-media-miniservers-beta-testing-19-99-month-zen-minidedi-10g-servers

Geekbench:

Single Core | 977
    Multi Core | 3350

E5-2690v3 Geekbench: https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/intel-xeon-e5-2690-v3

Single Core | 813
    Multi Core | 8449

So ~2.5x is the same performance, but at 120€/Mo you can have 4 of them.
    Then again if you can use the iGPU encoder, that metric is not important as you will probably get much higher perf through that.

64GB RAM ECC
    2x 2TB SSD or 2x 1TB NVMe

Same 64GB total RAM, tho that config is only 1TB total NVMe.
    For very little money quickly upgraded tho.

More fault tolerance too since more units.

Takes a week only because it's the tail end of holidays :)
    If order setup today i would guess all setup on tuesday - thursday axis next week.

You would immediately qualify for 5% discount too on first renewal: https://pulsedmedia.com/resellers.php

We are still beta-testing these, and will expect some feedback, and there might be some roughness around edges. So far everyone has been super happy with these! :)

• @PulsedMedia it is Dual E5-2690 v3 or only E5-2690 v3? If dual E5-2690v3 how about spec? If order in today then will delivery at tuesday - thursday ?

@jazz1611 said:
    @PulsedMedia it is Dual E5-2690 v3 or only E5-2690 v3? If dual E5-2690v3 how about spec? If order in today then will delivery at tuesday - thursday ?

I think there was a language barrier.

I was offering i5 7500t based. I took first 2690 v3 result as comparison, which i believe was single CPU not dual CPU.

Those minis, tuesday-thursday delivery indeed. Our local supplier has them in stock, so if i go personally pick them up we can get them done within that schedule.

• Here is an idea. Download the torrent from ovh / kimsufi. Transfer it to hetzner, then dk your encoding there.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@jazz1611 said:
    @PulsedMedia it is Dual E5-2690 v3 or only E5-2690 v3? If dual E5-2690v3 how about spec? If order in today then will delivery at tuesday - thursday ?

I was offering i5 7500t based. I took first 2690 v3 result as comparison, which i believe was single CPU not dual CPU.

Those minis, tuesday-thursday delivery indeed. Our local supplier has them in stock, so if i go personally pick them up we can get them done within that schedule.

Oh, that was our mistake. anyway we prefer Dual E5 or Ryzen 5950x servers

@yokowasis said:
    Here is an idea. Download the torrent from ovh / kimsufi. Transfer it to hetzner, then dk your encoding there.

we also tried thinking that solution but it will take time to change the code and monitor the download progress then transfer the files to the server for processing

@jazz1611 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@jazz1611 said:

Oh, that was our mistake. anyway we prefer Dual E5 or Ryzen 5950x servers

@yokowasis said:
    Here is an idea. Download the torrent from ovh / kimsufi. Transfer it to hetzner, then dk your encoding there.

we also tried thinking that solution but it will take time to change the code and monitor the download progress then transfer the files to the server for processing

Can you utilize GPUs for the encoding?

• @PulsedMedia we don't use GPU for encoding because of certain limitations
    if you can delivery the Dual E5 or Ryzen 5950x servers within 3 days after successful order then let us know

@jazz1611 said:
    @PulsedMedia we don't use GPU for encoding because of certain limitations
    if you can delivery the Dual E5 or Ryzen 5950x servers within 3 days after successful order then let us know

We are a small business and just don't have staff nor typically random parts inventory to work that fast, unless servers already racked and tested, standard config.

We have some in inventory, but they were just brought to our warehouse to upgrade the cooling and chassis's for them to better model.

• @Hostshield_LTD so, will there be more Dual E5-2680v3 servers soon?

• @jazz1611 did you contact any of these providers one by one (of course delist providers that you already contacted).

Some of them may offer under request by opening a ticket?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3575150/#Comment_3575150

In last case reverse proxy? And using worldstream.nl or weservit.nl, edis?

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited January 2023

@HostMT3
    hello, we are waiting until tuesday to deliver these 2 servers below. it have very good price from ihostart.com

dual e5-2680 v2
    64 GB Ram memory
    2x 960 GB SSD
    1 IPv4 @ 1 GBps port speed @ 30 TB bandwidth
    Romania Location

Also tried the proxy in aria2c. almost all case it work for torrent. but it helped reduce report from torrent

• @jazz1611 said:
    @HostMT3
    hello, we are waiting until tuesday to deliver these 2 servers below. it have very good price from ihostart.com

dual e5-2680 v2
    64 GB Ram memory
    2x 960 GB SSD
    1 IPv4 @ 1 GBps port speed @ 30 TB bandwidth
    Romania Location

Also tried the proxy in aria2c. almost all case it work for torrent. but it helped reduce report from torrent

lmao good luck with ihostart

• @fluffernutter said:

what's wrong with ihostart ?

• @tenji said:

@fluffernutter said:

Just search their name here, owner got banned (twice I think), one time it was for trying to buy a hacked client database. The servers are in a shed and hooked up to a home ISP for transit, and downtime is pretty regular. At least the racks aren't made of scrap wood anymore.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tenji said:

@fluffernutter said:

I'm current user of iHostART storage server.
    Newtork is fast my man.

Their "/64 IPv6" is one /64 shared among all servers, and anyone can grab/steal addresses as needed.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Hostshield_LTDHostshield_LTD Member, Patron Provider

@jazz1611 said:
    @Hostshield_LTD so, will there be more Dual E5-2680v3 servers soon?

Hello,
    At the moment we only have one in stock, however we are planning to restock in around 1 month.

• hello everyone, we got a better deal from @vsys_host with good server, have DMCA ignored

CPU: DUAL E5-2680V4 (Total Cores 28 / Total Threads 56 / Processor Base Frequency 2.40 GHz)
    RAM: 128GB DDR4 ECC
    DRIVE: 2x1 TB NVMe (Software RAID-1)
    PORT: 10 Gbps
    1 IPv4 + 1 IPv6

Thanked by 1vsys_host
  • Most of hostings allows torrenting, it shouldn't a issue. Unless is previously described in the rules. vsys.host have great deals in time to time.

Thanked by 1vsys_host
  • @sandoz said:
    Most of hostings allows torrenting, it shouldn't a issue. Unless is previously described in the rules. vsys.host have great deals in time to time.

in case don't have report DMCA by torrent then you will safe

edited January 2023

@sandoz similar like this

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

Notice ID: 044f1aacxxxxxx1659ea
    Notice Date: 2022-12-28T18:12:09Z

Navisite

Dear Sir or Madam:

I certify under penalty of perjury that I am authorized to act on behalf of the Paramount Global companies CBS Broadcasting Inc., CBS Studios Inc., Paramount Pictures Corporation, Showtime Networks Inc., Viacom International, Inc., Black Entertainment Television LLC, and other Paramount Global subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Rights Owners”), the owners of certain exclusive intellectual property rights in the copyrighted work(s) identified in this notice. I have a good faith belief that the information in this notice is accurate.

We have become aware that the below IP addresses have been using your service for distributing video files, which contain infringing video content that is exclusively owned by the Rights Owners. 

We have a good faith belief that the Rights Owners’ video content that is described in the below report has not been authorized for sharing or distribution by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. Such copying and use of this material constitutes clear infringement of the Rights Owners' rights under the Copyright Act and its counterpart laws around the world.

We are requesting your immediate assistance in removing and disabling access to the infringing material from your network.  We also ask that you ensure the user and/or IP address owner refrains from future use and sharing of the Rights Owners’ materials and property. 

In complying with this notice, you should not destroy any evidence that may be relevant in a lawsuit relating to the infringement alleged; including all associated electronic documents and data relating to the presence of the infringing items on your site, which shall be preserved while disabling public access, irrespective of any document retention or corporate policy to the contrary.

Nothing in this letter shall be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of any right, remedy, or claims possessed by the Rights Owners, or any affiliated party, all of which are expressly reserved.

Should you have any questions, please contact me at the information below.

Ben Sodos
    Vobile, Inc.
    Address: 2880 Lakeside Drive, Suite 360
    Santa Clara, CA 95054, United States
    Email: [email protected]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Infringement xmlns="http://www.acns.net/ACNS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.acns.net/ACNS http://www.acns.net/v1.2/ACNS2v1_2.xsd">
      <Case>
        <ID>044f1aacxxxxxx1659ea</ID>
        <Status>Open</Status>
        <Severity>Normal</Severity>
      </Case>
      <Complainant>
        <Entity>ViacomCBS Inc.</Entity>
        <Contact>Vobile - Compliance</Contact>
        <Address>2880 Lakeside Drive, Suite 360
    Santa Clara, CA 95054</Address>
        <Phone>+1 (408) 492 1100</Phone>
        <Email>[email protected]</Email>
      </Complainant>
      <Service_Provider>
        <Entity>Navisite</Entity>
        <Email>[email protected]</Email>
      </Service_Provider>
      <Source>
        <TimeStamp>2022-12-28T18:12:05Z</TimeStamp>
        <IP_Address>65.xxx.xxx.99</IP_Address>
        <Port>49200</Port>
        <Type>BitTorrent</Type>
        <SubType BaseType="P2P" Protocol="BITTORRENT"/>
        <Number_Files>1</Number_Files>
      </Source>
      <Content>
        <Item>
          <TimeStamp>2022-12-28T18:12:05Z</TimeStamp>
          <Title>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</Title>
          <FileName>CSI Crime Scene Investigation Season 13 Complete 720p AMZN WEBRip x264 [i_c]</FileName>
          <FileSize>14879359180</FileSize>
          <Hash Type="SHA1">23c6a596289d8348fb44332c9dc8a33b95e00000</Hash>
        </Item>
      </Content>
    </Infringement>
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJjrIb5AAoJEN5LM3Etqs/WA7EH/2xkhQDeKWXBCrei7thp2btq
    BhaWo3WRorgcF5dHRXQ9EmfWoY0HRx/tqzlb/OLg9JlUeg30yC8pIJm4w9aCIpF1
    dRsjwrzCFhkJCgdN9dcZuMrtq6jyNbcDzq+bm/Ev5Ad880GlwcRdNjgX8KbzzHg8
    TEx6x6pCkuPauGGggCzNZnLZToNTMIIIiOQ1L0Zd0fT6Cul1+vOY69w1c3rHGuFV
    LaUUW6ckpaH/PHdvdXUFkHuFhgD0iu8vnG9E+rHLwmPtlWX0Nr3MUy4trhq9iA6m
    mULsoVEjoBghPdfmDiJ8VA573yT7vIrk7K1SkTIl2fDOlPjdWAnKBHkyJblN364=
    =jRAI
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited January 2023

Get an auction server from Hetzner + €5 Mullvad VPN with port forwarding. People don't know about the fact that VPNs can also be used on servers.

• @0xbkt said:
    Get an auction server from Hetzner + €5 Mullvad VPN with port forwarding. People don't know about the fact that VPNs can also be used on servers.

did you have try with aria2c ?

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited January 2023

@jazz1611 said:

@0xbkt said:

Works with everything.

edited January 2023

@0xbkt said:

@jazz1611 said:

@0xbkt said:

Works with everything.

do you tutorial about it? we have tried with proxychain but aria2c not affected!

mullvad-exclude curl https://am.i.mullvad.net/connected
    You are not connected to Mullvad. Your IP address is 88.xxx.xxx.194

if run mullvad connect then we can't connect to SSH anymore.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited January 2023

@jazz1611 said:

@0xbkt said:

@jazz1611 said:

@0xbkt said:

Works with everything.

do you tutorial about it? we have tried with proxychain but aria2c not affected!

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3396970#Comment_3396970

TLDR: Use WireGuard in a Docker container, or devise a solution by directly using Linux network namespaces.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • VanwaTechVPSVanwaTechVPS Member
    edited January 2023

Redacted.

• @jazz1611 said:

@0xbkt said:

@jazz1611 said:

@0xbkt said:

Works with everything.

Right now, when SSH packets get to your server, the replies go back out the VPN interface instead of the primary. You need to add ip route rules that say incoming traffic sent to your original WAN, should reply that way. Google for this scenario, should find examples using openvpn tutorials and the like. Add those rules for when the VPN connects/disconnects and you can then SSH the public IP when it's connected to VPN.

• BoosBoos Member
    edited January 2023

@VanwaTechVPS said:
    Redacted.

Hi, I've messaged you on the forum, please take a look, I need funds to update my free ipv6 server, thank you very much, hope to hear from you!

• Before choosing a hosting plan or provider, I would advise you to conduct extensive research. Look for the most dependable and reputable hosting provider who can truly deliver the services that are most suited to your hosting needs through internet reviews and forums.

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Dual E5-2680v2 (20 cores)
    192GB RAM
    1TB SSD
    20TB Bandwidth
    5 IPv4 + /64 IPv6
    $115/Mo
    Click Here

This is US based though.