Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostiko.com.ua 50% off VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostiko.com.ua 50% off VPS

treesmokahtreesmokah Member
edited December 2022 in General

Just received an email from them;

☠️ 100.000 — 50% cut off VPS by promo code 🤭

The promo code valid till 25.12 for new VPS orders.

Not sure if its recurring or not.

They are a small and comfy VPS provider, accept crypto payments and anonymous signup. They allow Tor Exit Nodes on their German boxes.

They are on LET as well - @hostiko

I'm not sure if that's the right place to post it. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but through it would be nice to share.

Comments

• Moved from Providers to General

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • my.hostiko.com.ua cert is not green on me.

• @Dazzle said:
    my.hostiko.com.ua cert is not green on me.

Appears to work just fine in my browser and on SSL Labs - https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=my.hostiko.com.ua&latest

• as usual their 50% codes are non-recurrin -. only for the 1st month

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited December 2022

@dusst said:
    as usual their 50% codes are non-recurrin -. only for the 1st month

@hostiko please clarify

i am interestes in a Intel Core i9 11900K (5.3 GHz) Kyiv VPS

• hostikohostiko Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast said:

@dusst said:
    as usual their 50% codes are non-recurrin -. only for the 1st month

@hostiko please clarify

i am interestes in a Intel Core i9 11900K (5.3 GHz) Kyiv VPS

The 50% discount is valid for the first paid period. You can pay for a year, and for the first year you will get 50% off.

Thanked by 2hyperblast ooowwww
  • recurring (for 100.000 dead orks) would be premium ;) @hostiko

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • With current strikes into electricity infrastructure? Talking about stability.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jenkki said:
    With current strikes into electricity infrastructure? Talking about stability.

I don't see any outages on my VPS in Kiev, my guess is they seem to have a stable power situation. However I don't know which DC that is neither if they use the same DC.

Thanked by 1ooowwww

@hyperblast said:
    recurring (for 100.000 dead orks) would be premium ;) @hostiko

We will consider doing such premium promo when Ukraine will be fully de-occupied :)

@jenkki said:

For the last 30 days we have 99.98% uptime. Surely we cannot provide any SLA here due to current situation, but we have generators and enough UPSes in our DC.

@Neoon said:
    I don't see any outages on my VPS in Kiev, my guess is they seem to have a stable power situation. However I don't know which DC that is neither if they use the same DC.

Our Kyiv site is located in only one DC.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2022

@Neoon said: I don't see any outages on my VPS in Kiev, my guess is they seem to have a stable power situation. However I don't know which DC that is neither if they use the same DC.

Even in Moldova electricity cutted off from time to time because their lines linked to UA. I have Moldova VPS few months ago and they was down all the time.

Also people in Kyiv now always looking for where to charge their phones everywhere.Talking about how to works for whole DC little bit starange.

@jenkki, I can suggest you to try our VPS with this promo - it seems that we are prepared much better than your Moldova host ;)

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • emgemg Veteran

@jenkki said:

I am no expert, but it appears that your signature is written in the Russian language. Considering the reasons why the people of Ukraine have difficulties with power and stability over the entire country, is your comment fair and impartial?

Hostiko has backup power and network connections in Kyiv. I cannot imagine what effort it takes to make that work under the circumstances. Hostiko also offers hosting in Germany for those who need additional assurance of reliability and availability.

I am going to take the offer and sign up for one year of a Hostiko VPS in Kyiv today. So there.

If the VPS is inaccessible once in a while, so be it. At least I am comfortable, while the hardworking people who keep Hostiko running deal with extreme cold and many other unmentionable hardships caused by something other than a natural disaster.

I urge others to follow my lead and sign up for a Hostiko VPS. If nothing else, I am confident it will be a positive learning experience.

@jenkki said:

@Neoon said: I don't see any outages on my VPS in Kiev, my guess is they seem to have a stable power situation. However I don't know which DC that is neither if they use the same DC.

Even in Moldova electricity cutted off from time to time because their lines linked to UA. I have Moldova VPS few months ago and they was down all the time.

Also people in Kyiv now always looking for where to charge their phones everywhere.Talking about how to works for whole DC little bit starange.

My VPS in that Subnet is up and running, without any issues.
    https://bgp.he.net/net/95.85.72.0/24

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • @emg said: I am no expert, but it appears that your signature is written in the Russian language. Considering the reasons why the people of Ukraine have difficulties with power and stability over the entire country, is your comment fair and impartial?

Yes but I just talking about possible techical issues with it. I do not want to talk about politics.

@Neoon said:

As I can see, you are using another provider. We aren't affiliated with them in any way - to my knowledge they are located in different DC.

• @Neoon said: My VPS in that Subnet is up and running, without any issues.

Seems they the real kings of magic :wink:

@hostiko said:

@Neoon said:

As I can see, you are using another provider. We aren't affiliated with them in any way - to my knowledge they are located in different DC.

I didn't say I had any services with you, it was just an example, since people said Kiev VPS is likely unreliable, due to the power shortages.

As said above I don't even know which DC they are using and if they are in the same DC as you are.

• @hostiko said:
    @jenkki, I can suggest you to try our VPS with this promo - it seems that we are prepared much better than your Moldova host ;)

@hostiko i am thinking of ordering an Intel Core i9 11900K in kiev for one year with the coupon code 100.000. in case there will be longer power outages in kiev (which i hope there won't be) how would you deal with it in terms of prepayment? would a longer outage be a solution?

edited December 2022

@hyperblast said:
    @hostiko i am thinking of ordering an Intel Core i9 11900K in kiev for one year with the coupon code 100.000. in case there will be longer power outages in kiev (which i hope there won't be) how would you deal with it in terms of prepayment? would a longer outage be a solution?

Currently we are working on preparations of emergent physical hardware migration for Kyiv location, hope we will succeed with it (there are some legal and cost issues we are solving). As an alternative we can offer you replacement with a VPS from our Germany location. In general, we may offer other ways how to deal with such case, but it depends on your desires and requirements and details of the possible situation.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @hostiko said:

@hyperblast said:

Currently we are working on preparations of emergent physical hardware migration for Kyiv location, hope we will succeed with it (there are some legal and cost issues we are solving). As an alternative we can offer you replacement with a VPS from our Germany location. In general, we may offer other ways how to deal with such case, but it depends on your desires and requirements and details of the possible situation.

@hostiko thank you. i will order an intel vps in kiev for one year and then we will see what happens. should there be any problems, which i hope not, then i will contact them and look for a solution... then also gladly with a change to a comparable vps in germany.

• emgemg Veteran

@emg said: I am no expert, but it appears that your signature is written in the Russian language. Considering the reasons why the people of Ukraine have difficulties with power and stability over the entire country, is your comment fair and impartial?

@jenkki said:
    Yes but I just talking about possible techical issues with it. I do not want to talk about politics.

Okay, nobody knows the intent of your statement. It could be a friendly caution or a deliberate attempt to dissuade customers from signing up. If it is the latter, then that is political.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited December 2022

kiev intel ordered.

@hyperblast said:
    Sorry. Payment has failed.
    The payment processing error

If you are still facing this issue please do not hesitate to reach our support: you can contact us via ticketing system, by email ([email protected]) or via live chat on our website.

• @emg said: Okay, nobody knows the intent of your statement. It could be a friendly caution or a deliberate attempt to dissuade customers from signing up.

Not right. I didn't care who signed or who didn't sign. This is a personal choice for each person. Just talking technical facts, no hidden reasons.
    You are always trying to translate into a political context if you suddenly saw an inscription in Russian.

• emgemg Veteran

@jenkki said:
    Not right. I didn't care who signed or who didn't sign. This is a personal choice for each person. Just talking technical facts, no hidden reasons.
    You are always trying to translate into a political context if you suddenly saw an inscription in Russian.

I stay away from the political BS on LowEndTalk as much as possible. I have not posted once in the Ukraine/Russia thread. I ignore it.

I saw your post warning people about a provider from Ukraine, and noted that your signature is in Russian. It is reasonable to question the motivation behind your warning. The reason should be obvious. I am done engaging on this topic, which has become political now. Say what you must to have the final word.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • hostiko - premium

Thanked by 2hostiko ooowwww
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2022

@emg said: I saw your post warning people about a provider from Ukraine, and noted that your signature is in Russian. It is reasonable to question the motivation behind your warning.

Only facts, nothing personal. Many people in World speaks Russian, that is not a reson to claim me about political priorities. If you talk about any other state with the same situation, I will say the same thing.

I spoke about the fact that after the attacks on the infrastructure, even in Moldova, problems began. What can I have against Moldova?

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • sorry for necro, but i have to remember this:

☠️ 100.000 — 50% cut off VPS by promo code

☠️ 200.000 will soon be reached... will there be anything?
    If 100.000 equals 50% then 200.000 would be BRUTAL!

@hostiko

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jenkkijenkki Member

They need translate from Childish Suburbian back to Cambridge English.