Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beaware of Stellavps DO NOT USE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beaware of Stellavps DO NOT USE

Hello,

Recently I bought a hosting offer from Stellavps.com. After two or three days I recived an email that a payment was failed on my debit card for $999.99, then after two seconds $499.99 was failed as well. Then they were able to capture a $100 for a dedicated server that I never requested. I looked at the paid invoice I was shocked cuz I know for sure I didn't place that order. I logged into my online bank locked my card right away. I contacted them but no one is answering. After some research I found out that Stellavps.com is same as ALIENVPS which has customers with similar stories. In addition, someone on lowendbox posted that same thing happend to them. As of now the transaction is under dispute with my bank. I'm posting this to make people aware of what's going on. And because no one from Stellavps responded to my support tickets. I'm attaching screenshots as a proof

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FlUaod3NcvhdMrAlt6aeaZxWSJ1qOUB2?usp=share_link

Comments

• When will the hosting scams stop?

• I'm wondering what did you buy and how much amount spent at first order with stellavps?

• @JasonM said:
    I'm wondering what did you buy and how much amount spent at first order with stellavps?

$1 :( this is what happens when I fall into cheap hosting but never again.

• @simonmi said: $1 this is what happens when I fall into cheap hosting but never again.

ohh!!

• Not sure where did you find them in the first place, but I can't even find their Company information. There are multiple Red Flags on their site already.

@dahartigan said:
    When will the hosting scams stop?

Right after people stop being dumb.

• @treesmokah said:
    Not sure where did you find them in the first place, but I can't even find their Company information. There are multiple Red Flags on their site already.

>

It was posted on Lowendbox.com I contacted @raindog308 hopefully will take them off the site.

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @StellaVPS can you please give any comment on this?

• @simonmi said: Stellavps.com is same as ALIENVPS

Owned by the same person.

• @malignify said:

@simonmi said: Stellavps.com is same as ALIENVPS

Aren't there some quality checks in place on LEB? It seems ridiculous that the same malicious actor sneaked again.

• @simonmi said:
    Hello,

Recently I bought a hosting offer from Stellavps.com. After two or three days I recived an email that a payment was failed on my debit card for $999.99, then after two seconds $499.99 was failed as well. Then they were able to capture a $100 for a dedicated server that I never requested. I looked at the paid invoice I was shocked cuz I know for sure I didn't place that order. I logged into my online bank locked my card right away. I contacted them but no one is answering. After some research I found out that Stellavps.com is same as ALIENVPS which has customers with similar stories. In addition, someone on lowendbox posted that same thing happend to them. As of now the transaction is under dispute with my bank. I'm posting this to make people aware of what's going on. And because no one from Stellavps responded to my support tickets. I'm attaching screenshots as a proof

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FlUaod3NcvhdMrAlt6aeaZxWSJ1qOUB2?usp=share_link

Atleast you got a 900$ discount :joy:

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@treesmokah said:

@malignify said:

Aren't there some quality checks in place on LEB? It seems ridiculous that the same malicious actor sneaked again.

Boomer made it through, there aren't really many checks in place. It's on the customer to do their due diligence. All you need to get on LEB is a registered company, website, and sometimes public WHOIS.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

It doesn't look like @StellaVPS is a verified provider here. I will be watching this thread to see what happens and act to suggest that a warning be placed on LEB as well.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @treesmokah said:

@malignify said:

what checks?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@cybertech said: what checks?

I believe there are some checks but not as good as LET provider status ones.

• @Arkas said:

@cybertech said: what checks?

I believe there are some checks but not as good as LET provider status ones.

i think it's more like "oh I'm just sharing it's up to you to decide" sorta blog entries the last i accidentally clicked on it

• @dahartigan said:
    When will the hosting scams stop?

May 21, 2023

Thanked by 2dahartigan op23
  • The first red flag I got was the VPS IP had changed with no notice of why or what happened.
    Yesterday I got an invoice payment confirmation email that I had paid $100 for the exact same server I had already paid $5 for. Luckily no transaction was shown on Paypal or the card attached to my Paypal. I immediately sent in a ticket asking what was going on.

Invoice
    https://i.imgur.com/Te27vT7.png

After reading this thread, I just noticed my ticket has been deleted with no response and also now that you mention AlienVPS, their logo on Paypal is still an Alien.
    https://i.imgur.com/nhljiom.png

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@concept said:
    The first red flag I got was the VPS IP had changed with no notice of why or what happened.
    Yesterday I got an invoice payment confirmation email that I had paid $100 for the exact same server I had already paid $5 for. Luckily no transaction was shown on Paypal or the card attached to my Paypal. I immediately sent in a ticket asking what was going on.

Invoice
    https://i.imgur.com/Te27vT7.png

After reading this thread, I just noticed my ticket has been deleted with no response and also now that you mention AlienVPS, their logo on Paypal is still an Alien.
    https://i.imgur.com/nhljiom.png

Make sure to cancel your billing agreement ASAP

Thanked by 1Talistech
  • "Our team is full of passionate web hosting experts that know what they're doing. For any issues or questions make sure to contact them, they're friendly :)"

A smile and talking in third person. If you fell into this childish, unsofisticated scam attempt - it is your own fault.

CC harvesting is very old and still lucrative way to part fools with their money.

Always use one-time CC!

• Stella was the name of the cow my grandpa had 30 years ago

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@cold said: Stella was the name of the cow my grandpa had 30 years ago

It was also the name of my girlfriend in middle school. How does this help the OP?

• @Arkas said:

It was also the name of my girlfriend in middle school. How does this help the OP?

well who buys from a hosting company with a cow name ? or x'gf name...

• @Arkas said:

Small world. Did Cold's grandpa know?

• @kasodk said:

@Arkas said:

Small world. Did Cold's grandpa know?

can't ask him, he past away 15 years ago

Thanked by 1kasodk
  • From LEB post which is still up

……You can find StellaVPS on LowEndTalk (@StellaVPS)….

It sounds like endorsing them as a LET provider so people fall for it easily.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@jmaxwell said: It sounds >like endorsing them as a LET provider so people fall for it easily.

Guys, please give me a break, I will try to remove them ASAP.

• shouldn't LET vouch for the providers here ? they only the money from then....

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@cold said: shouldn't LET vouch for the providers here ? they only the money from then....

He/She is NOT a provider here!

Thanked by 1cold
  • @Arkas said:

@cold said: shouldn't LET vouch for the providers here ? they only the money from then....

He/She is NOT a provider here!

He/She is provider in LEB, so many will still go in for the scam.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@stefeman said: He/She is provider in LEB, so many will still go in for the scam.

I said I will take care of it...