Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beaware of Stellavps DO NOT USE - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beaware of Stellavps DO NOT USE

Comments

• @LTniger said:
    CC harvesting is very old and still lucrative way to part fools with their money.

Always use one-time CC!

Your banks allows you to make one time credit card numbers?

• @trycatchthis said:

@LTniger said:
    CC harvesting is very old and still lucrative way to part fools with their money.

Always use one-time CC!

Are you using your bank card for online service purchase? What is going on...

• @LTniger said:

@trycatchthis said:

@LTniger said:

Always use one-time CC!

Are you using your bank card for online service purchase? What is going on...

No I am not. [For the most part]
    Only Paypal and reptuable providers like Amazon have my card numbers.

Are you able to make one time credit cards on your own?

• @trycatchthis said:

@LTniger said:

Always use one-time CC!

Mine actually does. You can choose either one time, 30 days or infinite

• Stella-- who ?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Liso said:
    Stella-- who ?

Paul's daughter, Stella McCartney.

• Ahahaha so she left fashion to start server business :D :D

On all seriousness, these people should question their decision to purchase from unknown provider, a quick Google Search doesn't yield anything useful, for me that mean the company is not reputable enough to have it site on top of google search first result.

Felt sorry about your experience, thanks for sharing this.

@Liso said: company

If it's even a "company" :smiley:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Lol if your business plan is to just hammer every card and make up orders, why even provide the VPS? This is just carding with extra steps.

Thanked by 2netomx equalz
  • @Advin said:

@treesmokah said:

@malignify said:

@simonmi said: Stellavps.com is same as ALIENVPS

Owned by the same person.

Aren't there some quality checks in place on LEB? It seems ridiculous that the same malicious actor sneaked again.

Boomer made it through, there aren't really many checks in place. It's on the customer to do their due diligence. All you need to get on LEB is a registered company, website, and sometimes public WHOIS.

registered company

I can't find their company info, maybe LEB people can help out if they received it.

• @serv_ee said:

So there's an interface in your online banking for this?
    How much dos it cost?
    How long do the cards take to activate?
    Can you get a physical card as well or is it only virtual?
    Do the numbers vary widely or withing a basic range?

• emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2022

In the past, some credit card providers offered the ability to create one-time use credit card numbers tied to your credit card. You could set the expiration date and charge limit. Some offered repeated payments for up to 12 months - like a gym membership.

It is a great feature, because you could set the temporary number to expire before an automatic renewal would take place, forcing the merchant to come to you to obtain a new credit card number to renew whatever (gym membership, online streaming subscription, etc.). I used it to negotiate an "annual" discount for a satellite tracker subscription with a company that was mercenary in their renewal tactics.

One by one, credit card providers stopped offering the feature. Some stopped because the one-time credit card code was written in Flash, and they did not want to bother to create updated secure versions of the feature.

To my knowledge, the only credit card provider in the US that still has the feature is Citibank. Sadly, it is not included in Costco's version of the Citi card, only the ones provided directly by Citibank.

If you know of other credit card providers who offer the feature, please share.

Thanked by 2Logano FrankZ
  • @emg said:
    In the past, some credit card providers offered the ability to create one-time use credit card numbers tied to your credit card. You could set the expiration date and charge limit. Some offered repeated payments for up to 12 months - like a gym membership.

It is a great feature, because you could set the temporary number to expire before an automatic renewal would take place, forcing the merchant to come to you to obtain a new credit card number to renew whatever (gym membership, online streaming subscription, etc.). I used it to negotiate an "annual" discount for a satellite tracker subscription with a company that was mercenary in their renewal tactics.

One by one, credit card providers stopped offering the feature. Some stopped because the one-time credit card code was written in Flash, and they did not want to bother to create updated secure versions of the feature.

To my knowledge, the only credit card provider in the US that still has the feature is Citibank. Sadly, it is not included in Costco's version of the Citi card, only the ones provided directly by Citibank.

If you know of other credit card providers who offer the feature, please share.

USA/Maybe Canada - https://privacy.com/
    The rest of the world - https://www.revolut.com/

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@jar said:
    Lol if your business plan is to just hammer every card and make up orders, why even provide the VPS? This is just carding with extra steps.

Probably because credit card providers may (?) be more trusting if you send & authorized 1 payment already to the provider

Thanked by 1jar
  • @trycatchthis said:

@LTniger said:

Always use one-time CC!

Majority of banks in my country (India) provides prepaid virtual card feature which allow to create card and fill with money then delete it after use.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Advin said: Probably because credit card providers may (?) be more trusting if you send & authorized 1 payment already to the provider

Fair. Here's to hoping hell is real and they receive unwanted sex from the rear in said hell.

Thanked by 1Advin
  • @Advin said:
    Make sure to cancel your billing agreement ASAP

Yup. I did it right away

• @LTniger said:
    "Our team is full of passionate web hosting experts that know what they're doing. For any issues or questions make sure to contact them, they're friendly :)"

A smile and talking in third person.

"Our" isn't third person view.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2022

STELLLAAAA!

• This is why you exclusively use cryptocurrency when buying stuff like this.

Also, nice to know that it's nearly 2023, carding is pretty much extinct, there's mandatory 3D Secure in most places in the world, yet a merchant who sells $5 servers can just charge multiple people hundreds of dollars and they can get away with it without raising any red flags.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@inland said:
    This is why you exclusively use cryptocurrency when buying stuff like this.

Also, nice to know that it's nearly 2023, carding is pretty much extinct, there's mandatory 3D Secure in most places in the world, yet a merchant who sells $5 servers can just charge multiple people hundreds of dollars and they can get away with it without raising any red flags.

While most people may not like it, PayPal is a good balance. You can't chargeback with cryptocurrency, so if a host scams you, there's no getting your money back, and payments take a while with cryptocurrency/is harder to track down. This makes PayPal a far better option to pay shady hosting providers.

PayPal allows you to control your payments, so a host can't unexpectedly withdraw $100+ from your account (unless it's a billing agreement) and allows you to chargeback if a host does end up scamming you. PayPal payments are also instant.

I will also say, as a provider, carding is very much not extinct. Lot's of people try paying with stolen credit cards, I've blocked multiple thousands of dollars worth of potential fraud payments with stolen cards in the past few months alone. I'm also pretty sure there is still very much a market for stolen cards on darknet markets.

Almost all credit card providers will reimburse you for an event like this, where someone withdraws unexpected amounts or compromises your card, as long as you mark your card as lost/stolen and dispute the charges that you do not recognize. It's a bit of a pain, but eventually you will most likely get your money back.

Here's probably the best setup for paying a shady provider:
    1. Add a credit card to your PayPal account.
    2. Pay with one time (or subscription) with your PayPal with the credit card.
    3. Closely monitor any payments that go through your PayPal account.
    4. If a provider ends up scamming you, chargeback with PayPal
    5. If you lose the payment dispute, chargeback with credit card.
    6. Profit!?!?

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @trycatchthis said:

@serv_ee said:

So there's an interface in your online banking for this?
    How much dos it cost?
    How long do the cards take to activate?
    Can you get a physical card as well or is it only virtual?
    Do the numbers vary widely or withing a basic range?

Yes.
    Nothing.
    A few seconds
    Only virtual (Standard CC exists as well of course)
    No idea, never bothered to look it like that.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

The cards will disappear in the near future. Our statistics show that many customers who used bank cards for payments have now switched to paying with a QR code. The volume of this payment method has increased very quickly.
    Payment using a QR code means that you are using your banking application to pay for an incoming account (which is encoded in a QR code). It is impossible to steal card information or money from your bank account. To make a payment, you only need a smartphone.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2022

@Advin said:
    While most people may not like it, PayPal is a good balance. [...]

Pay attention to your PayPal account. Third-parties can modify it.

I used PayPal to sign up for one-year of a magazine, and discovered that the seller somehow created a PayPal subscription that would automatically renew the magazine subscription every year in perpetuity. I had to delete the entry in PayPal. At the time, it was buried deep in PayPal's settings and not easy to find. I always wondered if it was deliberately designed to be hard to find.

A similar thing happened recently with a credit card. I used a credit card to pay for a streaming service for the family. The last of my credit cards with "virtual cards" had discontinued the service (Flash!), so I chose a credit card with the closest expiration date, expecting to be asked for a new expiration date (and authorization for payment) when the streaming service came up for renewal.

The old credit card expired earlier in the year, but the streaming service automatically renewed anyway. I was surprised. I discovered that the streaming service somehow knew about the new expiration date on the replacement credit card and had updated it in their settings without any action on my part. I called the bank to ask how the streaming service could have obtained the new expiration date without my input. The bank informed me that they now provide merchants with new expiration dates and automatic authorizations for renewal without my permission.

This is a new policy. I understand the desire to maintain continuity of service and avoid hassles for people who don't pay attention. It saves merchants the hassle of reminding customers that their payment cards will expire and they must update their settings, and dealing with issues if the customer does not update the settings. The banks pretend that it is an improvement in service quality. Yeah, right.

I am very unhappy that merchants can take a payment from me without my explicit authorization, but there is little I can do about it. All of the major credit card providers switched to that policy.

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • @treesmokah said:
    USA/Maybe Canada - https://privacy.com/
    The rest of the world - https://www.revolut.com/

Revolut is technically a debit card not a credit card, but it is generally accepted everywhere that credit cards are. There aren't as many consumer protections with a debit card though.

It is great though, I use it for almost all my one-off purchases on-line, and you can create (I think up to 5) virtual cards for recurring services.

• ** Update **

These guys are now under zeusnode.net be carefull. Thanks to Jimmy234 from LEB for the tip.

Thanked by 3treesmokah ninjatk DP
  • ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted

@simonmi said:
    ** Update **

These guys are now under zeusnode.net be carefull. Thanks to Jimmy234 from LEB for the tip.

got it, they register domain and change it really quickly. stella, alienvps, and now zeusnode.net

all is hidden in shadow and they are good more than a ninja can do on stealing people money, very good scaming.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Beware. StellaVPS changed their name to ZuesNode.net. They just registered the domain on the 24th. StellaVPS.com forwards to the new domain though their chat support claims they have nothing to do with StellaVPS.

• ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted
    edited December 2022

@jimmy234 said:
    Beware. StellaVPS changed their name to ZuesNode.net. They just registered the domain on the 24th. StellaVPS.com forwards to the new domain though their chat support claims they have nothing to do with StellaVPS.

You know what? My entirely life as a ninja I was once think that ninja life is the most dark and shadow in the world.

But after reading this thread about stella, alienvps and zeusnode.net I gave up, they more deep dark more than me. They more scam for million a ninja combine to reach their scam level, jesus

Thanked by 1op23

@jimmy234 said:
    Beware. StellaVPS changed their name to ZuesNode.net. They just registered the domain on the 24th. StellaVPS.com forwards to the new domain though their chat support claims they have nothing to do with StellaVPS.

Yeah, sure.

basilisk# dig soa stellavps.com +short
    ns1.zeusnode.net. admin.zeusnode.net. 2022122512 3600 1800 1209600 86400

basilisk# dig zeusnode.net ns1.zeusnode.net ns2.zeusnode.net billing.zeusnode.net +short

Recipe for disaster :smiley:

Thanked by 1FrankZ