Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Email Reseller Promo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Email Reseller Promo

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hey team!

Let's start with the basics for those already familiar with MXroute. We're offering a promotion for resellers! Our 50GB reseller plan is usually $120/year. Right now, we're offering you a chance to obtain it for $60/year (further discount if paid for 2 or 3 years). You can order it here: https://accounts.mxroute.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=202

Before you purchase a reseller service from us, you should read this: https://community.mxroute.com/t/what-is-reseller-and-how-is-it-different-from-your-other-services/587

MXroute is an email service provider that aims to solve the problems of consistent outbound delivery and the average pricing on the market. These two problems continue to plague the industry:

1. The ability to reach recipients at Gmail, Hotmail, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile brands from one or more IP addresses is far more difficult today than it was in the past, and it isn't getting any easier.

2. A lot of price fixing in the market appears to be severely overcharging users (per email monthly pricing, etc.).

MXroute isn't the most polished solution for UI/front end, but I will say that we've solved both problems to an exceptional degree. As a reseller, you also have much control over that UI, as you will be curating what your users see when they login to DirectAdmin.

For our resellers, we currently offer Crossbox, Roundcube, and Snappy webmail clients (Crossbox contains several clients provided within it, as well). We offer SMTP, IMAP, POP3, DKIM/SPF, and SpamAssassin (heavily customized). DMARC and MTA-STS are within your ability to manage regardless of what we provide.

We're continually working to improve our service and open-source our work as we go. You can see some of the projects that we use daily in production:
https://github.com/mxroute/mxdocs
https://github.com/mxroute/spamassassin_rules
https://github.com/mxroute/mxroute_website
https://github.com/mxroute/da_server_updates

The details of this offer:

We have some presales documentation that answers the most common questions for new customers:
https://mxroutedocs.com/presales/

Existing customers are welcome to order promotions, but they are incompatible with your current service. You would set them up like new, migrate yourself to them through any method you desire, and then cancel your previous service with us. You're welcome to do it, but we do not provide any automated path or migration assistance to keep promotions sustainable.

Comments

• One question sir,

What if any user send: unsolicited email? Since the promotion is for the resellers, obviously, the buyer shell resell the service!

Sometimes, the default emails sent through the WHMCS marked as unsolicited! I know someone who had the same issue earlier.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Can you share the server location? Have a customer or two with location requirements. They have contracts that require all data to be stored in the US.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Price looks great even if the use case is not to resell!
    I assume nothing would prevent you to buy a resell package and setup only an account for yourself?
    Provided you need quite some storage though :smile:

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@khalequzzaman said:
    One question sir,

What if any user send: unsolicited email? Since the promotion is for the resellers, obviously, the buyer shell resell the service!

Sometimes, the default emails sent through the WHMCS marked as unsolicited! I know someone who had the same issue earlier.

I'm very good at catching spammers based on 24/7 monitoring and alerting of statistical data in combination with log audits. Automation halts them, flags them for review, and then I review those flags each day.

If your customer is otherwise significant but made a judgement error, they'll be suspended and you'll get a ticket about it.

If your customer is a spammer who clearly had intention to do nothing other than send spam, they'll be terminated and I'll advise you to blacklist them and keep their money.

If your customer has a compromised email account, I'll suspend the email account and open a ticket with you.

If non-spam email is marked as spam by a recipient (clicking "Report Spam" somewhere else), I'll treat the recipient as malicious and block them from the platform unless and until they agree not to do it again.

If non-spam email is automatically filtered to a spam folder somewhere else, I probably won't know. When I do know, nothing happens still, but I have plans to help you use that information to your benefit at an unknown future date.

@Zookeeper5575 said:
    Can you share the server location? Have a customer or two with location requirements. They have contracts that require all data to be stored in the US.

It'll be OVH Canada. I make a point not to promise locations though as I want the business to be able to turn on a dime to meet favorable conditions as needed, if needed.

@Val said:
    Price looks great even if the use case is not to resell!
    I assume nothing would prevent you to buy a resell package and setup only an account for yourself?
    Provided you need quite some storage though :smile:

Some people do this and that's great, just keep in mind that DirectAdmin by default exposes you to all of it's web hosting features which I've largely neutered, and are intended to be removed from user view by the reseller (tutorials included).

Thanked by 3Val s12321 kkrajk
  • Is this solution good to run as smarthost like mailchannels or is a single account sufficient?

• @webcraft said:
    Is this solution good to run as smarthost like mailchannels or is a single account sufficient?

It is not.

• emgemg Veteran

@jar said: Existing customers are welcome to order promotions, but they are incompatible with your current service. You would set them up like new, migrate yourself to them through any method you desire, and then cancel your previous service with us. You're welcome to do it, but we do not provide any automated path or migration assistance to keep promotions sustainable.

I understand that MXroute does "not provide any automated path or migration assistance".

Are you aware of any documents or other sources that describe how people are migrating their services?

• @emg said:

@jar said: Existing customers are welcome to order promotions, but they are incompatible with your current service. You would set them up like new, migrate yourself to them through any method you desire, and then cancel your previous service with us. You're welcome to do it, but we do not provide any automated path or migration assistance to keep promotions sustainable.

I understand that MXroute does "not provide any automated path or migration assistance".

Are you aware of any documents or other sources that describe how people are migrating their services?

There are various tools you can use like https://imapsync.lamiral.info/ to migrate your mailboxes from one to another.

Thanked by 1scooke
  • @emg said:

@ericls has developed free tools for this exact purpose.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183055/im-building-a-free-tool-to-help-you-migrate-existing-mailboxes-to-mxroute

Thanked by 1emg
  • emgemg Veteran

Thanks. I saw that thread, but it does not seem to match my needs, which is backing up and restoring forwarders (and a few accounts that could be handled manually). I would prefer to avoid passing the data through a third-party server. I'm old school and do not store email on mailservers. I still use POP3, download email into a local client, and delete the messages from the server. I have a very large number of forwarders, however.

I reached out privately to see if I can get a few questions answered.

• @emg said:
    Thanks. I saw that thread, but it does not seem to match my needs, which is backing up and restoring forwarders (and a few accounts that could be handled manually). I would prefer to avoid passing the data through a third-party server. I'm old school and do not store email on mailservers. I still use POP3, download email into a local client, and delete the messages from the server. I have a very large number of forwarders, however.

I don't know if this is helpful to you or not. I was using Zoho free mail which did not provide IMAP/POP3. So I downloaded the email account (.eml file) and then imported the file in Mxroute email account.

• Hello @jar

I have a friend who owns some stores and he uses a conventional email hosting. And he accidentally deleted all his emails (he doesn't know how he did it), through the native android app.

Luckily the hosting company backs up emails and even has a tool that restores emails back, inside a folder.

The question is, is mxroute backing up emails? Do you have a restore tool?

Thanked by 1jar
  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@emg said: I would prefer to avoid passing the data through a third-party server

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3498781#Comment_3498781

Runs on mxroute server directly.

Thanked by 1jar

@Norris said:
    Hello @jar

I have a friend who owns some stores and he uses a conventional email hosting. And he accidentally deleted all his emails (he doesn't know how he did it), through the native android app.

Luckily the hosting company backs up emails and even has a tool that restores emails back, inside a folder.

The question is, is mxroute backing up emails? Do you have a restore tool?

We are making backups but for a risk of things like that I'd actually recommend mail backup software for the user. Something like this: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-home/

My backups are intended to be for disaster recovery (like RAID failure), I don't want to be in the business of manually restoring individual mailboxes from anything short of system failure. It's a huge job right now.

Thanked by 2Norris bikegremlin
  • @CrossBox said:

I had been using Zoho and just recently migrated to Mxroute. Is there a Windows desktop client available just like Zoho? I saw only iOS and Android app on your site.
    Secondly, are there any settings to change themes, background colors or customize UI?

• YuzhenQinYuzhenQin Member, Host Rep

Anyone who bought this would like to resell me a account? :smile:

• @kidrock said:

@CrossBox said:

I had been using Zoho and just recently migrated to Mxroute. Is there a Windows desktop client available just like Zoho? I saw only iOS and Android app on your site.
    Secondly, are there any settings to change themes, background colors or customize UI?

Use Thunderbird or Mailspring.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@kidrock said: Is there a Windows desktop client available just like Zoho?

Currently no. On desktop, you access the app via web browser.

@kidrock said: Secondly, are there any settings to change themes, background colors or customize UI?

https://mxroutedocs.com/branding/crossbox/

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • Is there an option to upgrade the amount of space?

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@YuzhenQin said: Anyone who bought this would like to resell me a account? :smile:

>

I am sure that any reseller would be willing to help.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@trycatchthis said:
    Is there an option to upgrade the amount of space?

You can upgrade to a non-promo reseller account. It likely is more cost effective to keep this forever and purchase a non-promo plan as you expand though.

• @YuzhenQin said:

what resell price is recommended for this 50GB for 50 accounts :smiley:

• @s12321 said:

@YuzhenQin said:

Is this ok-ish ?

Thanked by 1s12321
  • kalipuskalipus Member
    edited December 2022

@jcolideles said:

@s12321 said:

@YuzhenQin said:

Is this ok-ish ?

too cheap, its a PREM product

• @emg said:

Exporting your forwarders and importing them depends where you currently have them configured. In your mail client, you may not need to do anything. If you set it in the webmail, export it from there.

DirectAdmin has an API, so should just be a matter of running a script to add them once figuring out the syntax.

But since you're a POP user who never gets large mailboxes, you can get by with his regular, lower priced service with less storage.

I reached out privately to see if I can get a few questions answered.

That's generally frowned upon and may not get answered.

• @kalipus said:

@jcolideles said:

@s12321 said:

@YuzhenQin said:

Is this ok-ish ?

too cheap, its a PREM product

https://nexusbytes.com/email-hosting
    https://my.webhorizon.net/order/main/packages/email/?group_id=11

• emgemg Veteran

@TimboJones said:

Exporting your forwarders and importing them depends where you currently have them configured. In your mail client, you may not need to do anything. If you set it in the webmail, export it from there.

DirectAdmin has an API, so should just be a matter of running a script to add them once figuring out the syntax.

But since you're a POP user who never gets large mailboxes, you can get by with his regular, lower priced service with less storage.

@emg: I reached out privately to see if I can get a few questions answered.

That's generally frowned upon and may not get answered.

Thanks for the suggestions and warning. He responded and suggested some links to find additional info and tools. It was a brief exchange.

Yes, DirectAdmin has an API, and it looks like I may have to write some code. I find it hard to believe that nobody has written basic backup code to do this task. Javascript is not my forte, so it adds to the learning curve. I have already resigned myself that I will do it. It may be a blessing in disguise - it is always good to learn new skills.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @emg said:
    Yes, DirectAdmin has an API, and it looks like I may have to write some code. I find it hard to believe that nobody has written basic backup code to do this task. Javascript is not my forte, so it adds to the learning curve. I have already resigned myself that I will do it. It may be a blessing in disguise - it is always good to learn new skills.

I think mass email forwarders often don't get migrated. If they do, they're likely in a text config file accessible by the user. It's not part of any mailbox, it's post receipt rules/filters. Filters/rules are not in Google Takeout exports of the whole shebang, afaik.

You can do a bash loop or just copy and paste the command in front of the email forwarders using a text editor and then copy/paste the lot instead of writing JS.

• emgemg Veteran

@TimboJones said:

I think mass email forwarders often don't get migrated. If they do, they're likely in a text config file accessible by the user. It's not part of any mailbox, it's post receipt rules/filters. Filters/rules are not in Google Takeout exports of the whole shebang, afaik.

You can do a bash loop or just copy and paste the command in front of the email forwarders using a text editor and then copy/paste the lot instead of writing JS.

That is more-or-less correct. With cPanel backups and restores, it is a human readable text file. I have used it to migrate from one cPanel provider to another, and was also able to use it to migrate from Plesk to cPanel.

In my current situation, I want to export them from cPanel and move them to MXroute.

I have been using the DirectAdmin GUI in MXroute to create and delete forwarders manually. Other than the DirectAdmin API in javascript, I am not aware of other interfaces to do the same thing in MXroute. I will have another look at their documents. With so many forwarders, I need to automate it.

Thanks!

@emg said:

@TimboJones said:

That is more-or-less correct. With cPanel backups and restores, it is a human readable text file. I have used it to migrate from one cPanel provider to another, and was also able to use it to migrate from Plesk to cPanel.

In my current situation, I want to export them from cPanel and move them to MXroute.

I have been using the DirectAdmin GUI in MXroute to create and delete forwarders manually. Other than the DirectAdmin API in javascript, I am not aware of other interfaces to do the same thing in MXroute. I will have another look at their documents. With so many forwarders, I need to automate it.

Thanks!

API is the winning strategy. I have a sample API script I made here as just a proof of concept for a user a while ago: https://forwarders.mxrouteapps.com/public.zip

It wasn't intended to do anything more than show how PHP could do that task, nothing was done to attempt to address any potential for abuse of the particular example.

Thanked by 2tridinebandim emg