Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Cpanel Price Hike! December 16th 2022
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Cpanel Price Hike! December 16th 2022

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Since 2018, cPanel prices have more than tripled for resellers of web hosting.

An admin on the cPanel forum, Coursevector, offered this example for a server with 120 accounts on it:

Originally: $20/month
Sept 2019: $49/month (+145% increase)
Jan 2021: $54.50/month (+11.22% increase, or 172.5% from 2018)
Jan 2022: $60.79/month (+11.54% increase, or +204% from 2018)
Jan 2023: $67.79/month (+11.52% increase, or +239% from 2018)

they are raising prices Again! on December 16th 2022,

finally moving to DA , this is just Stupid , how can resellers keep up with this!

what does everyone think about this?

Thanked by 3bdspice fbmy Shakib

Comments

• lol

I really don't understand how they justify the increases and who keeps renewing their licenses.

Anyone big enough will just make their own in house panel, whilst the rest of us just move to DA.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@tjn said:
    lol

I really don't understand how they justify the increases and who keeps renewing their licenses.

Anyone big enough will just make their own in house panel, whilst the rest of us just move to DA.

Yep its a Right pain having to rebuild the hosting servers and slowly migrate clients off buts its finally done everyone is over to DA now fed up with this constant price hikes!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jasonhyperhost said: Jan 2021: $54.50/month (+11.22% increase, or 172.5% from 2018)

Neat, so 12% recurring increase, never actually did the math.

Francisco

• @Jasonhyperhost Did you check CWP? I see people using DirectAdmin, but actually not many people are using CWP, which is good and cheaper.

@Sapcedor said:
    @Jasonhyperhost Did you check CWP? I see people using DirectAdmin, but actually not many people are using CWP, which is good and cheaper.

we did consider CWP , but we want ease for our customers, for total novices & technofobes its not the easiest to use , when i was looking at panels had to consider useability and the backend side for our relays and cdn , but also the usability /ease for customer too.

@Francisco said:

@Jasonhyperhost said: Jan 2021: $54.50/month (+11.22% increase, or 172.5% from 2018)

Neat, so 12% recurring increase, never actually did the math.

Francisco

Yep it goes up every year its nuts since day 1 , its obscene when you calculate it

• https://www.fitchratings.com/research/corporate-finance/fitch-affirms-webpros-term-loan-at-b-on-upsizing-18-05-2020
    They need a lot of money to pay off millions of USD debt by robbing cpanel users of money.
    the storm of recession is coming, the ship will soon sink.
    leave them before regret

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

I don't think CWP qualifies for the list, too many bugs. I was able to mock the licensing server with just a single html file. Not worth the CWPPRO sub i would say

• Seriously, cPanel isn't worth it. New updates are only complicating stuff, like creating a subdomain for instance, yet it is a tool that's meant for inexperienced users. Seriously they need someone who can lead and guide the product for growth. Not someone with an MBA and sales-funnel tactics knowing how to rip off existing client base.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@raindog308 published an article about this not long ago: https://lowendbox.com/blog/oakley-capital-cant-wait-12-months-jacks-up-cpanel-prices-2nd-time-this-year/

One thing is 100% guaranteed... there will be more price increases.

• bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

Even with the price increase we pay less to them each year, for new services we dont use cpanel anymore.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

We have absorbed all these cpanel increases up to now and didn't pass them to our shared hosting clients. But if it continues every year, we must reconsider it next time.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

This does not surprise me anymore. I have never seen a company that is so far apart from their customers. It's like they are determined to want to eventually lose their customers.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    I don't think CWP qualifies for the list, too many bugs. I was able to mock the licensing server with just a single html file. Not worth the CWPPRO sub i would say

How? Share it :smile:

• This is a sign for providers to drop cPanel and look for viable alternative.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

I think they have done their math, probably they are just riding on their market monopoly. cPanel is still defacto for webhosting panel for majority of end users including developers and providers.

• So glad I don't do share hosting and not relying on cPanel anymore ^_^

@Sapcedor said:

@FatGrizzly said:

How? Share it :smile:

I don't intend or sharing it, nor on reporting it.

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

@FatGrizzly said:

Well maybe if people pay the small monthly fee they ask, give them feedback they can use instead of "mocking" it can become a useful panel to people.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

F

Leaving cPanel.

• DirectAdmin seems good enough for most users these days when compared to a year ago when people had no choice.
    Hosts should inform their users that they have a DirectAdmin option instead of just sending a price rise notice and having to lose users to hosting megacorps.

edited December 2022

@SWS said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Well maybe if people pay the small monthly fee they ask, give them feedback they can use instead of "mocking" it can become a useful panel to people.

Excuses. I had been paying for the panel for almost 2 years and have been fed up. The forums are kind of dead, and support takes a few days to reply. Accidentally found the mockingness when monitoring the outgoing and incoming http requests. It's my opinion that the panel isn't worth it. If it's well and good for you, nice and great buddy!

Almost forgot to mention, they mention they support Cloudlinux in the website, but when you open a ticket for support all you get is marketing for their so called secure kernel.