Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LetBox - 7 hours service delay?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LetBox - 7 hours service delay?

Hello,

I have recently made an attempt to buy storage on LetBox.
After the payment was made, the service was not available for 7 hours.
Opened support ticket were not responded.
I cancelled the service after that, did not get any refund - I think lost $6.20 is good tuition for the lesson learned.

Since my experience in leasing VPSs is not that great, just want to post these questions:

Is what I've described a normal practice for VPS providers?
Or it is just one single specific case of bad provider?

Please share your experience, that could be useful for many, I think...

Comments

• Guess you were too impatient.

Slow responses and non auto provision is not a norm, but knowing that they have some data centers which require manual setup you may have jumped the gun.

It's a stable provider and support response times can improve, but they can be lived with in production.

Again you are impatient and I think the provider is probably glad you cancelled.

I am sure they will honor the cost of the vps as it was never provisioned.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • You made all decisions yourself within 7 hours when they could be sleeping out of work.

• The> @plumberg said:

Guess you were too impatient.

Slow responses and non auto provision is not a norm, but knowing that they have some data centers which require manual setup you may have jumped the gun.

It's a stable provider and support response times can improve, but they can be lived with in production.

Again you are impatient and I think the provider is probably glad you cancelled.

I am sure they will honor the cost of the vps as it was never provisioned.

The level of my patience has nothing to do with the discussed quality of the service.
    Thank you for clarifying that "slow responses and non auto provision is not a norm".
    That is all it matters.
    As for the reasons, anyone can always find the reasons of his own lousiness.
    Thanks again.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2022

You ordered a legacy service that is manually provisioned still.
    LetBox newer services are all automated and instant delivery.

It is also a holiday here in the US...

...and I think you missed this, which is pretty open about the delivery timing:
    https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/2/What-is-the-VPS-set-up-time.html