Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me design a good website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help me design a good website

Hi would you be willing to help in the design of a good website for hosting vps, shared hosting and dedicated servers, if so you can get login details by email at [email protected] and the site is located at atmwebhost.com thanks

Comments

• @atmwebhost said:
    Hi would you be willing to help in the design of a good website for hosting vps, shared hosting and dedicated servers, if so you can get login details by email at [email protected] and the site is located at atmwebhost.com thanks

This looks like spam, especially seeing that it's your first post

If this is real paid work, you should say more about what the work involves, etc.

• SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2022

@angstrom said: If this is real paid work

It's about helping. Help is invaluable, like friendship. :heart:

Thanked by 3emgh crilla nocloud
  • @SteveMC said:

@angstrom said: If this is real paid work

It's about helping. Help is invaluable, like friendship. :heart:

Help may be paid or unpaid, but unless it's clear from the context, it should be said whether it's paid or unpaid

As far as anyone here is concerned, the OP is just a random guy who's made his first post on a hosting forum

• I am trying to get the board input from persons who would like to build the site using they experiances and what they would like to see on a website. I was hoping it to be done not paid but in the spirt of you saying I will do the vps page and put the plans you think would be most needed and sell to clients. It's kinda like lowend users building the site the way they would like it to be. I am not spaming just trying something new. Thanks for your replies.

• :heart:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2022

Here is my interpretation / translation:

I am looking for a volunteer to build my hosting website. The volunteer will rely on their many years of hard-earned hosting experience to build it. The actual work will be uncompensated, coming from the goodness of your heart just for the fun and enjoyment of it. The website is not for a charity or another worthy cause. The beneficiary will be me personally, even though this is my first post on LowEndTalk and nobody knows me.

Does that sum it up?

My advice is to look at other hosting websites and take detailed notes about what you like and what you do not like. Start a real notebook and fill it with notes, sketches, ideas, etc.

In parallel, learn what you need to know about building websites. You don't need anything more than a home computer or laptop to get started.

If you can't build your own hosting website (or pay someone), why do you believe that you can run a hosting service once the website is up? ... Or do you expect volunteers run the business, too?

• Coudnt have said it any better thanks for clearing that up for us enjoy

• :heart:

Thanked by 2iKeyZ emgh
  • @atmwebhost said:
    I am trying to get the board input from persons who would like to build the site using they experiances and what they would like to see on a website. I was hoping it to be done not paid but in the spirt of you saying I will do the vps page and put the plans you think would be most needed and sell to clients. It's kinda like lowend users building the site the way they would like it to be. I am not spaming just trying something new. Thanks for your replies.

In real estate, the keywords for success are location, location, location.

To have a successful website the keywords are: Original content, original content, original content.

End users and Google will love the site!

Cheers!

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Wow, so now people are even not willing to make their own website yet want to start hosting business.

Thanked by 3greentea crilla Void
  • emgemg Veteran

@Saahib said:
    Wow, so now people are even not willing to make their own website yet want to start hosting business.

That sounds a lot like:
    "Not willing to pay employees to fix their own website, yet want to own a huge social media business."

(Yeah, I know what ... better yet, who ... you're thinking. Ouch!)

• The Great Whole helps those who help themselves :heart:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

This is pure love.

Thanked by 2SteveMC emgh
  • I'm not trying to be rude but I find your name funny. ATMWEBHOST (At the moment Webhosting) so what would be next?

Jokes aside. There are a lot of premium hosting design on Wordpress or even html layouts. If you don't have idea how to write one. It's better you buy templates to save time and it is also cheaper than hiring someone to do the job.

• ❤️

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • @atmwebhost said:

I would be happy to help with this, but first I need your help. You see, I'm a Nigerian prince and have inherited a tremendous amount of wealth from my warlord uncle. Until I figure out a safe location to store this wealth (like your bank account information), I'll be pre-occupied and unavailable to build the platform for free that you intend to sell services on and make money for yourself.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @atmwebhost said:

let me know if you need good help with your girlfriend/wife too

Thanked by 1greentea
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Saahib said:

I guess there are times when it's better, or more advisable, to just "outsource" the work :smiley:

• Congratulations on starting your venture.

Umm... the first thing that comes to mind with ATM Web Host is "Automatic Teller Machine Web Host." Maybe it's just me, though.

The second thing is "At The Moment Web Host." Again, maybe I'm the only one to whom that springs to mind when I see "ATM."

But if you want to change your mind, domain names are cheap. What... $15 a year?

Remember though, the really important thing is that just like restaurants, there are never enough web hosting companies. Really, ever! Ask anyone.

Actually, have you thought about maybe opening a restaurant or a tavern instead? I hear the success rate of new restaurants is pretty great, especially those whose owners bring a fresh perspective to the industry, without all the baggage of prior experience to lead them down all those same old tired paths.

Good luck and... Oops, I have to go now!

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@DP said:

@Saahib said:

I guess there are times when it's better, or more advisable, to just "outsource" the work :smiley:

Ya, next would, please handle tickets for me but I will keep all the money.

• I am in expectation of 50 to 70 percent respoces to say no, however the request is to think outside the box, if 30 people work on 10 pages with the knowlage held at lowendtalk with the gole of making a website page that would enhance the indistry it would be differnet none the less. Not having the constrance of being paid would also make the process more enjoyable as they would be no one to say thats not right or this would not work, all the comments here are invaluealbe to me inthat I can put a positive spin and see just what would be a good refferance like this one " You can handle customer tickes and keep all the money genarated from reseller accounts." When completed it could be reviewed here on lowendtalk and the income from the site could also be posted monthly plus other members could see the site and as one comment made use info to build their site. Enjoy

• ❤️

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • @atmwebhost said:

I am in expectation of 50 to 70 percent respoces to say no, however the request is to think outside the box, if 30 people work on 10 pages with the knowlage held at lowendtalk with the gole of making a website page that would enhance the indistry it would be differnet none the less. Not having the constrance of being paid would also make the process more enjoyable as they would be no one to say thats not right or this would not work, all the comments here are invaluealbe to me inthat I can put a positive spin and see just what would be a good refferance like this one " You can handle customer tickes and keep all the money genarated from reseller accounts." When completed it could be reviewed here on lowendtalk and the income from the site could also be posted monthly plus other members could see the site and as one comment made use info to build their site. Enjoy

Oh a crowdsourced hosting company. Cool.

• What do you bring to the table in this business you have in your mind? Do you have the knowledge to manage the hardware, or at least have enough server hardware to run a proper business?

• @atmwebhost said: I am in expectation of 50 to 70 percent respoces to say no,

My guess is that the percentage will be higher than 70%

@atmwebhost said: however the request is to think outside the box, if 30 people work on 10 pages with the knowlage held at lowendtalk with the gole of making a website page that would enhance the indistry it would be differnet none the less.

I can't quite figure out whether you're naively idealistic or simply out of touch with the way things work in reality

You're a random guy who's made their first post here. No one here knows you, and no one here knows your planned business

In addition, you've done/said nothing to suggest why someone here (who doesn't know you or your planned business) should do free web-design work for you and your planned business

Also:

with the gole of making a website page that would enhance the indistry

I would find it difficult to say what this even means -- in what sense could a website page enhance the industry? -- but if someone had an idea of how to make a website page that would enhance the industry, why give it away to a random guy on a hosting forum who's just made their first post?

Thanked by 1emg
  • with the gole of making a website page that would enhance the indistry

I would find it difficult to say what this even means -- in what sense could a website page enhance the industry? -- but if someone had an idea of how to make a website page that would enhance the industry, why give it away to a random guy on a hosting forum who's just made their first post?

probably just used some generic word salad template

• emgemg Veteran

@jmaxwell said:

Oh a crowdsourced hosting company. Cool.

Interesting point of view. My first thought was "whitewashing the fence."

• How rude :heartbreak:

• @Rookey said:
    Congratulations on starting your venture.

Umm... the first thing that comes to mind with ATM Web Host is "Automatic Teller Machine Web Host." Maybe it's just me, though.

The second thing is "At The Moment Web Host." Again, maybe I'm the only one to whom that springs to mind when I see "ATM."

But if you want to change your mind, domain names are cheap. What... $15 a year?

Remember though, the really important thing is that just like restaurants, there are never enough web hosting companies. Really, ever! Ask anyone.

Actually, have you thought about maybe opening a restaurant or a tavern instead? I hear the success rate of new restaurants is pretty great, especially those whose owners bring a fresh perspective to the industry, without all the baggage of prior experience to lead them down all those same old tired paths.

Good luck and... Oops, I have to go now!

Yeah, i was wondering what an automatic teller machine has to do with VPSs