Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ virmach hosting charged twice, how to make it right
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach hosting charged twice, how to make it right

when i was pay the Invoice from virmach, i got charged twice

the Invoice ID:

Paypal Transaction ID:

507210197B065940R and #25470139BC5904711

here is the screenshot

you can see there are two payment which same Invoice

when i try to send email for support, but i can only got a bot reply
when i try to open a ticket, it can just ask for cancel/refund to stop a service

is there any way to contact the virmach admin

thank you

ยซ1

Comments

• Virmach is a shitshow.

If you have a working VPS, others will take this as a pro tip and pay their invoices twice.

• If you got charged twice, chargeback twice. Virmache 101

• for light weight site, it works fine

if it is complex for refund, extend the service period is OK to me

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited November 2022

@cnzhangquan said:

Keep dreaming.

Virmach is going to invoice you a funny fee for this thread and other support requests.

• You have been virmached. No money, no vps, no fun. Virmach.

• raviravi Member
    edited November 2022

check your virmarch account.

Most probably the extra paid amount will be added credit to your account which you can use to pay your future virmarch invoices.

If you want to get refund of your extra paid amount:
    1) Open a support ticket at virmarch and wait for few weeks.
    2) Chargeback at paypal.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • bakagetabakageta Member
    edited November 2022

@cnzhangquan said:
    when i was pay the Invoice from virmach, i got charged twice

is there any way to contact the virmach admin

@cnzhangquan said:

You're not going to get much helpful advice here, since most of LET is unhappy with virmach. If you don't have any account credit listed, as @ravi suggested checking, I would either go to LES and post there, where he's active, or close ALL of your other open tickets and create a priority support ticket for this. It doesn't automatically charge you and afaik virmach has yet to charge anyone for important/unique issues like this. The reason I suggest priority is so that it doesn't get mistaken for a generic refund request and stuck in a queue of other tickets. I would also mention that you're okay with store credit or extended service in place of an actual refund, if you're happy enough with the service and just want to make sure you get credit for both payments. Make sure to mention it's an accidental double payment

Then, just be patient. Priority tickets get addressed quite a bit faster, but it's still not instant. It will be days, at minimum.

I wouldn't do what a lot of people have suggested and dispute one of the payments. Disputing a payment is a last resort and is always a pain for the host, if you dispute a payment you can expect your account and services to be terminated at most hosts. That's only an option when you never want to do business with the host again.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • many years before, there was credit show on the billing board, but I can't find this page now. is there anyone can post the credit page url

• bakagetabakageta Member
    edited November 2022

@cnzhangquan said:
    many years before, there was credit show on the billing board, but I can't find this page now. is there anyone can post the credit page url

It should be on the main client area page: https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php

It's on the left, below "your info"

• @bakageta said:

@cnzhangquan said:
    many years before, there was credit show on the billing board, but I can't find this page now. is there anyone can post the credit page url

It should be on the main client area page: https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php

It's on the left, below "your info"

as you see, there is not Avilable Credit section

i was see it, years ago

• @FrankZ is Virmach representative.
    Otherwise the only way to reach Virmach support is on LES forum, but you might get banned if you say something against their God there.

• ehabehab Member
    edited November 2022

@drizbo said:
    @FrankZ is Virmach representative.
    Otherwise the only way to reach Virmach support is on LES forum, but you might get banned if you say something against their God there.

he is not representative, he is god a good moderator.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @cnzhangquan said:

when i try to send email for support, but i can only got a bot reply
    when i try to open a ticket, it can just ask for cancel/refund to stop a service

cancel/refund is the ticket to open. You need a refund.

• @drizbo said:

You're at it again. Thought you got banned? @FrankZ is not a VirMach rep, just a customer like others here.

@cnzhangquan login to your account, then click home. You should have your balance on the left.

Also check with VirMach on LES.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @DanSummer said: Thought you got banned?

Yes. Also nice selfie you got there.

• @cnzhangquan said:

as you see, there is not Avilable Credit section

i was see it, years ago

It hides the section if you don't have any credit, so it hasn't given you credit for the extra payment. I would open a ticket or go to LES, no one here can help.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Open a support ticket and pay the third time to fix the fist issue ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2022

Well

Think possitive

You don't have to manually renew it on next year even if you don't like the service

B)

• @WebProject said:
    Open a support ticket and pay the third time to fix the fist issue ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I would hope paying one or two times would resolve a fisting issue.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • You are lucky, I paid $60 and my account was deleted without any chance of appeal.

• Create work orders. Create many of them and assign them all high priority.

Charge back and demand bobs.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@crazychen said:
    You are lucky, I paid $60 and my account was deleted without any chance of appeal.

Plot twist: it's not your account.
    The account belongs to @infplus the big yellow cow who owns thousands of accounts.

• i was tried, but
    it looks the next tried will be hours later

i may reply later

• @cnzhangquan said:

i was tried, but

i may reply later

Why didn't you reset your password instead of trying 40 times?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @drizbo said:

Not at all, I've pointed out the terrible business practices multiple times when it's a new thing that's happened

• @cnzhangquan said:

i was tried, but

i may reply later

Your perseverance and patience are admirable, bro. Your waiting time has been doubled as a reward.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @cnzhangquan as @ehab has said I am NOT a representative of VirMach, just a member trying to be helpful. I have cross posted your issue to the OGF where VirMach will see it. I have also noted your request to refund the over payment to your account credit.
    Please update this thread if/when the situation is resolved.

• @FrankZ said:
    @cnzhangquan as @ehab has said I am NOT a representative of VirMach, just a member trying to be helpful. I have cross posted your issue to the OGF where VirMach will see it. I have also noted your request to refund the over payment to your account credit.
    Please update this thread if/when the situation is resolved.

thank you

and the next post will be today's update

• the 1st pic is the ticket page, 'Cancel/Refund' is what i need
    i will click on it

here is it's the prompt
    OK, i will go to the service list
    and after i clicked the double charged vps/service

here is only cancel, no refund
    should i have try?

here, it is coming

bugs? maybe

• Still struggle? Just give up and move on. Eventually you will cope with the loss and humiliation. When you get virmached, there is no way to get un-virmached.