Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SYS Flash Sale - SYS-5-SAT-32 £22.14 /month ex VAT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SYS Flash Sale - SYS-5-SAT-32 £22.14 /month ex VAT

wii747wii747 Member
edited October 2022 in Providers

SYS-5-SAT-32 Special offer
£41.77 £22.14/month (ex VAT)

Processor
Intel Xeon E3-1270v6 - 4c/8t - 3.8 GHz/4.2 GHz
Memory
32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz
Storage
2× 2TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
Public Bandwidth
250 Mbit/s unmetered

Server setup fees £41.77

FLASH SALE - SYS-5-SAT-32
~ Ends October 29th ~

47% off

Free setup fees (for any 6 or 12 month commitment)

Order Link

Comments

• Hmm is this a good deal compared to something like KS-LE?

• @matheny said:
    Hmm is this a good deal compared to something like KS-LE?

KS-LE it's only 100 mbit port and 1 ipv4 address

Thanked by 1matheny
  • @matheny said:

KS-LE was 15euro for Xeon v2 and 100Mbps
    This is 22 pounds for Xeon v6 and 250Mbps.
    RAM and disks are the same capacity.

If you need better CPU or/and faster network then its better deal than KS-LE.

Thanked by 2matheny ehab
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

For all sales prior December one should keep in mind the OVH 10% price increase in December 2022.

Thanked by 3ehab chedenaz SloMail
  • Meh.. always those HDDs are sale. Maybe they've some NVMe prepared for BF.

• Anyway to do this in US currency w/o VAT?

• @dfroe said:
    For all sales prior December one should keep in mind the OVH 10% price increase in December 2022.

Ovhcloud has already used the new price for orders after October.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited October 2022

@ShalaWorks said:

@matheny said:

KS-LE it's only 100 mbit port and 1 ipv4 address

Neither SYS nor OVH has free IP addresses with setup fees for new orders, they must be paid monthly from Oct 6th.

• How can I apply for tax exemption if I am not an EU user?

• hmm could this server be ordered from US? the offer seems to only exist on ovh.co.uk

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

offers valid on UK/IE/WE/WE/PT/MA/TN/DE

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited November 2022

SYS-5-SSD-32 (same specs except 2x 450GB NVMe) is now also discounted to the same price. One of the best dedi deals I've seen in a while

Order link

Thanked by 1TODO
  • @ninzo59 said:

Does it renew for sale price after the commitment period?

• What's your account region? Why I'm seeing €24.90

• @analog said:

@ninzo59 said:

Does it renew for sale price after the commitment period?

Small print seems to suggest it does, usually that has been how OVH offers work

This special offer gives you free setup for So you Start SYS-5-SAT-32 and SYS-5-SSD-32 dedicated servers rental (for any 6 or 12 month commitment). This promotional offer will give you 47% off the price of So you Start SYS-5-SAT-32 and SYS-5-SSD-32 dedicated server rental. Special offer valid for all new orders (excluding renewals) placed between 24 October 2022, 13:00 BST, and 16 November 2022 at 13:00 BST. Offer valid subject to the availability of the server chosen, with the time at which the order is processed by OVHcloud used as proof in the event of any disputes. Offer valid until service cancellation.

• Offer valid until service cancellation.

Or until price increases.

• @User1 said:
    Anyway to do this in US currency w/o VAT?

$30.31
    https://us.ovh.com/us/order/dedicated/?configure=1&v=2&ecorange=#/dedicated/configure?selection=~(datacenters~(~)~planCode~'22sys0561)

Note: with exchange rate this price is ~equal to the price with VAT in the OP. US law requires all ecommerce companies collect tax now

• Buying these SYS through OVH at least gives you a discount on a multiple-month prepayment.
    None of my previous direct SYS purchases give any discount for prepayment.

On SYS: 34.99/m, where 6m = $209.94 (or 34.99/m)
    This one: 30.31/m, where 6m = $181.86 (or 26.88/m)

• This one only gave the no setup fees discount for the 6 month+ commitment but I did sign up for 6 months to not pay the setup fees. I only ask because now that I have the service, if I log into the ovh panel and choose to manage my commitment for the service the options I see are the non sale price.

I just hope after the 6 months commitment it still renews for the sale price.

Thanked by 2darkimmortal Zurg
  • @analog said:
    This one only gave the no setup fees discount for the 6 month+ commitment but I did sign up for 6 months to not pay the setup fees. I only ask because now that I have the service, if I log into the ovh panel and choose to manage my commitment for the service the options I see are the non sale price.

So, it looks like you can get a discount only on the initial signup and prepayment.

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited November 2022

@analog said:
    This one only gave the no setup fees discount for the 6 month+ commitment but I did sign up for 6 months to not pay the setup fees. I only ask because now that I have the service, if I log into the ovh panel and choose to manage my commitment for the service the options I see are the non sale price.

On the itemised invoice the server is quoted as full price with a separate 'Other GIFT' section detailing the discount. It is different to how I have been billed before on pre-Eco Kimsufi/SYS, where only the discounted price is shown on the invoice, rather than full price and discount

I am still pretty confident it will renew at the discounted price as it states in the small print and as previous OVH offers have worked. But I think this explains why the panel shows full price in the UI for editing commitment duration

• I asked support and got this reply from them:

• @analog

But that answer sounds like as if they think you asked to renew a normally priced server and want the discount from the flash sale applied. Not the renewal of a flash server in the future. I think you should try to clarify with support.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • ZurgZurg Member
    edited November 2022

There is the answer:
    https://imgur.com/a/3EflRYu

• @Zurg said:
    There is the answer:
    https://imgur.com/a/3EflRYu

That feels like they're deliberately answering at cross-purposes!

Thanked by 2darkimmortal TODO
  • They told me my server can renew monthly, after the initial 6-month commitment, at the same price:

You can renew the server monthly without commitment and keep the same monthly price as it costs the same without installation.

• I reached out to double confirm but they havent gotten back yet, but from all of the other replies in this thread im happy that it does indeed sound like the discount will remain.

• ZurgZurg Member
    edited November 2022

Heck, if that's the case I might have to drop my 2 servers and resign, lol.
    Also, I did some currency checks for OVH and it's cheaper to pay in £ vs. $.
    Obviously, rates change but right now if you check £ vs. $ at the full price of this server you will pay $10 more in dollars. Not sure about Euros.

Just checked the sale price and they are nearly identical after conversion. $181.86 vs. £181.58
    However, £ includes 20% VAT.

• Im still waiting to hear back on my support ticket, if it is not recurring them I will also be backing out. ovh.ie has always been the goto for me and vat is removed since im canadian.

• @Zurg said:
    Also, I did some currency checks for OVH and it's cheaper to pay in £ vs. $.
    Obviously, rates change but right now if you check £ vs. $ at the full price of this server you will pay $10 more in dollars. Not sure about Euros.

Interesting, it was the opposite earlier in the year when I bought another KS-1.

Even going in through the French website, as soon as you entered country as UK, it switched the pricing to GBP and went from €5.99 per month (inc VAT) to £5.99 per month, which was 20% higher at the time. In the end, I was forced to enter that I lived in Dublin, but then put my full address including postcode as well, knowing that if they ever did send anything by post that the postman would be able to forward it on. All this just to choose the currency I wanted to pay in.

It's kind of stupid, when other deals force you to pay in a particular currency and they don't care about your country - e.g. my KS-LE-1 was only available in EUR, so it's not like the OVH infrastructure can't support EUR transactions for UK customers.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal