Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best payment processor for crypto
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best payment processor for crypto

Hello

I'm looking into adding crypto payments and was wondering what to choose between the following:

• Crypto.com
  • Coinbase
  • CoinPayments

Would appreciate some feedback.

Comments

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

We moved from Coinbase to CoinGate and it has worked really well for our customers. It has a nice integration/documentation so would recommend giving it a little look.

Thanked by 1Wicked
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Coinbase is great and easy to setup (we created two modules for our two billing software) or alternative own BTCPay server.

Crypto.com company acts like bank as required a several steps of verification - centralised process and nothing to do crypto.

Thanked by 1Wicked
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

Coinbase Commerce is one of the best solutions we've found so far. There's a limited number of coins that Coinbase accepts, but Coinbase has been trustworthy and the fees have been low.

If you're looking for a working WHMCS module, here is one:
    https://github.com/Invictusintl/coinbase-commerce-whmcs

Thanked by 1Wicked
  • I believe @Francisco was/is running a self-hosted BTCPay server.

Thanked by 1Wicked
  • I'm testing CoinPayments now but the approval process is a pain. Passport, photo and address just for me to test their API..

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Coinpayments was great, but doesn't allow US based merchants or users anymore. We self host BTCPayServer now and it works pretty well for what we need.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2022

@Ympker said:
    I believe @Francisco was/is running a self-hosted BTCPay server.

We are. I built the module that @MannDude with Incognet & I are using.

There's a couple other providers with a copy of the module, though not aware of which ones are actively using it.

It works well assuming you keep up with all the forks/client updates. There's times where the blockchains break themselves (DASH had this happen a few months ago) requiring you to manually invalidate blocks and reverify things, but for the most part its been fine.

Low/no fees, no fears of someone like coinbase claiming our funds in bankruptcy, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Ympker MannDude
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Coinify is good. Using since 9 years

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

We use bitpay, but support leaves a lot to be desired lately

• Blesta are implementing BTCpay in their next release - at which point we'll probably take a closer look! As Fran says there's risks attached with trusting companies in a highly volatile market!

For those interested: https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-3683

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@MrRadic said:
    We use bitpay, but support leaves a lot to be desired lately

BitPay most terrible support and rules, minimum withdrawal amount - again centralised verification!