Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

George Datacenter : AMD EPYC - NVMe | KVM |10GB Port | DALLAS | Instant Setup |
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

George Datacenter : AMD EPYC - NVMe | KVM |10GB Port | DALLAS | Instant Setup |

georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

rDNS Service
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
Paypal | Credit Card Payments method
Windows License Server | 2012 |
No contracts.
SolusVM Control Panel | KVM | IPV6 Available
Enterprise-class hardware by Supermicro®
Custom ISO support (Vmware Client)
Announce your IPS free of charge (NY || Los Angeles)

Test IP:

Dallas : 104.149.216.10

AMD EPYC 7302P @ 3.00GHz
1 VcPU Fair usage on CPU
512 MB RAM
20GB NvMe
Port 10Gigabit
1 TB Bandwidth
Datacenter Dallas Instant VPS Setup
KVM

$2.5 Mon

Order Here

AMD EPYC 7302P @ 3.00GHz
1 VcPU Fair usage on CPU
2GB RAM
50GB NvMe
Port 10Gigabit
2 TB Bandwidth
KVM

$5 Mon

Order Here :

AMD EPYC 7302P @ 3.00GHz
2 VcPU Fair usage on CPU
4GB RAM
80GB NvMe
Port 10Gigabit
4 TB Bandwidth
KVM

$10 Mon

Order Here :

Dedicated Server

Xeon E3-1220v5
16GB DDR4
1TB HDD
Port 1Gigabit
1 IPV4
Los Angeles
$35 mon

Order New

Payment Methods:
PayPal, Credit Card

Regards

Catalino

Thanked by 1stephanuk

Comments

• Hi, do you offer DDoS protection (if yes, what capacity)?
    Thanks.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@jokesonyou said:
    Hi, do you offer DDoS protection (if yes, what capacity)?
    Thanks.

Yes you do, there is 20Gbps DDOS protection.

• @jokesonyou said:
    Thanks.

20Gbps I think, the test IP seems from Psychz.

@403_Forbidden said:

@jokesonyou said:
    Thanks.

20Gbps I think, the test IP seems from Psychz.

tier

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited October 2022

Are you canceling all the previous reoccurring promo offers at the end of term, or just some? IMHO it would be good to send out an email to let people know your intentions regarding this.
    Thank you for the service, it was very good.

Thanked by 1ehab

@FrankZ said:
    Are you canceling all the previous reoccurring promo offers at the end of term, or just some? IMHO it would be good to send out an email to let people know your intentions regarding this.
    Thank you for the service, it was very good.

Hello, we have not published the announcement yet, but we have evaluated not to renew annual services, if you wish to continue using the service, it will be turned into a monthly plan.

• :D Is it possible to get more bandwidth?

• @georgedatacenter said: Hello, we have not published the announcement yet, but we have evaluated not to renew annual services, if you wish to continue using the service, it will be turned into a monthly plan.

Ok, so it is not promo plans, it's all annual service plans that are being cancelled.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    Since you have not made any official announcement and my plan was up for renewal in a couple of weeks, but now shows being canceled. Can you please indulge me so as to clarify my personal situation.

When I check your web site for the 250 GB storage plan it now shows only 256MB RAM for $3.99/month. I had 1 GB RAM two years ago, then it was reduced to 512MB RAM last year.

Do I understand correctly that I would need to switch to the 256MB RAM, 250GB disk, 500GB transfer plan shown on your web site for $3.99/month
    or
    Would I be able to keep my current 512MB RAM, 250GB disk. 2TB transfer plan and pay $3.99/month?
    or
    Do you expect to have new plans/pricing in your announcement.

Thanked by 2capric98 SinV
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FrankZ said:
    When I check your web site for the 250 GB storage plan it now shows only 256MB RAM for $3.99/month. I had 1 GB RAM two years ago, then it was reduced to 512MB RAM last year.

Do I understand correctly that I would need to switch to the 256MB RAM, 250GB disk, 500GB transfer plan shown on your web site for $3.99/month

Shrinkflation is strong here.
    It's time to cancel.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @FrankZ said:

@georgedatacenter said: Hello, we have not published the announcement yet, but we have evaluated not to renew annual services, if you wish to continue using the service, it will be turned into a monthly plan.

Ok, so it is not promo plans, it's all annual service plans that are being cancelled.
    Since you have not made any official announcement and my plan was up for renewal in a couple of weeks, but now shows being canceled. Can you please indulge me so as to clarify my personal situation.

or
    Would I be able to keep my current 512MB RAM, 250GB disk. 2TB transfer plan and pay $3.99/month?
    or

Damn that's crazy downgrade

@FrankZ said:

@georgedatacenter said: Hello, we have not published the announcement yet, but we have evaluated not to renew annual services, if you wish to continue using the service, it will be turned into a monthly plan.

or
    or

No.

Your services will not be modified. If your VPS is 4GB RAM AND 250 GB of disk, this will be maintained.

we will only change your annual payments to monthly payments

I will send you the full details in the announcement we will make very soon.

Thanked by 2FrankZ plumberg
  • @georgedatacenter said:

@FrankZ said:

or
    or

No.

Your services will not be modified. If your VPS is 4GB RAM AND 250 GB of disk, this will be maintained.

we will only change your annual payments to monthly payments

I will send you the full details in the announcement we will make very soon.

Will the annual payment machine be changed to monthly payment?

• I have 2 service

One that has been cancelled and the other one is not although both are billed anually

So what is the criteria ??

• Are you going to keep ignoring my ticket regarding my refund on my /24 RIPE range which I no longer have access to?

Ticket ID 496402

I will create a thread with all of the proof if needed, I really hate the drama but it's $450 which would be really handy right now, and I've waited 2 months for a refund for a service I no longer have and was removed from me without notice (Russian IP broker couldn't pay their RIPE LIR fee).

I will await your response, and once refunded will update this post.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Open a thread please!

@dbContext said:
    Are you going to keep ignoring my ticket regarding my refund on my /24 RIPE range which I no longer have access to?

Ticket ID 496402

I will create a thread with all of the proof if needed, I really hate the drama but it's $450 which would be really handy right now, and I've waited 2 months for a refund for a service I no longer have and was removed from me without notice (Russian IP broker couldn't pay their RIPE LIR fee).

Hello:

i understand that your ticket is held by george.

a few weeks ago, several customers who had contracted for one year their ips, requested cancellation and a refund of their money.

We have done this by re-renting the ips.

You requested the cancellation of ips before the one year contract, you did not accept the change of ips.

You must wait for us to rent the ips before you can make the refund.

This will be seen by George when he returns.

@add_iT said:
    I have 2 service

One that has been cancelled and the other one is not although both are billed anually

So what is the criteria ??

You would have to open a ticket to check what services you have.

edited October 2022

@georgedatacenter So why does he have to wait for you to re rent ips to get his money back? Really the whole explanation doesn’t make any sense. Seems you got ip blocks from less reputable source.

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @georgedatacenter So why does he have to wait for you to re rent ips? To get his money back? Really the whole explanation doesn’t make any sense. Seems you got ip blocks from less reputable source.

Sounds to me like they need to take the money from re-renting them out in order to afford the refund

Otherwise it makes no sense and should be refunded immediately if he's eligible for a refund

@dbContext said:
    Are you going to keep ignoring my ticket regarding my refund on my /24 RIPE range which I no longer have access to?

Ticket ID 496402

Hello:

i understand that your ticket is held by george.

a few weeks ago, several customers who had contracted for one year their ips, requested cancellation and a refund of their money.

We have done this by re-renting the ips.

You requested the cancellation of ips before the one year contract, you did not accept the change of ips.

You must wait for us to rent the ips before you can make the refund.

This will be seen by George when he returns.

We did not "request cancellation", Your IP broker who you resold through didn't pay their RIPE LIR fee, and had their LIR / IP ranges pulled. I got no notice via email or otherwise that this would be happening, it was lucky that my service wasn't in production yet as otherwise I would have suffered severe damages due to the service you provided (whether it's through a IP broker or not, you're the company offering me the service.)

When the IP range was revoked without notice, I requested a refund at a prorata rate (I even discounted $100 to be more than fair), as I no longer trusted your service / company to offer me a stable IP lease.

I must not wait for anything, If you do not have $450 US liquid to be able to refund me, I would suggest you take a look at your business model.

I would ask you again provide me a refund, before I create a post as this is simply not acceptable, I have been extremely patIent. My IP range was revoked over 2 months ago, and the ticket has also been outstanding for 2 months.

edited October 2022

Forget it

No. You have opened a support ticket.

the ips have been active until the first of September .

this ticket will see George upon his return and will be refunded as we have done with other customers who also requested the cancellation of their ips prior to expiration.

_Hello,

I no longer have use for this IP range as I have discontinued my business that required it.

Would you be able to resell it/refund the 8 months I have left? I would hate for it to sit there doing nothing for 8 months, so if you can resell it (super easy!) on LET, will you give me a partial refund? I paid $850 for 12 months, so $566 for 8 months (what's left), I'll gladly take $500.

Let me know what you think.

Best,
    Joe_

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • Lol. How quickly stories change from customers side to blame the provider (most of the time)?

No. You have opened a support ticket.

the ips have been active until the first of September .

this ticket will see George upon his return and will be refunded as we have done with other customers who also requested the cancellation of their ips prior to expiration.

_Hello,

I no longer have use for this IP range as I have discontinued my business that required it.

Would you be able to resell it/refund the 8 months I have left? I would hate for it to sit there doing nothing for 8 months, so if you can resell it (super easy!) on LET, will you give me a partial refund? I paid $850 for 12 months, so $566 for 8 months (what's left), I'll gladly take $500.

Let me know what you think.

Best,
    Joe_

That's very conveniant that you're referring to an old ticket, which has no consideration to your service provider revoking the IP range and leaving me without an active service.

That is the previous ticket, I already pointed out in my above response that it was lucky It wasn't in production, and idling.

You can confirm your end, but this is my initial ticket message for the ticket requesting a pro rata refund after the service had been revoked, on the 5th of September (You can confirm your end, and I can provide screenshots, I'd just have to censor names/IP addresses.)

"
    Posted by Joe on Monday, September 5th, 2022 (20:34) Owner

Hello,

I've just seen that my IP block has been removed due to them unable to deal with payment. https://www.georgedatacenter.com/clients/index.php?rp=/announcements/30/Warning-LIR-RIPE-.html

As I wasn't using the IP block, this is ok however I was actually looking and have a user on LET that wants to purchase the remainding 8 months.

Would you instead be able to provide me a refund of $450 for the 8 months? You would be saving money vs leasing me a /24 for another 8 months which I would just transfer to another LET user for $450.

Let me know asap.
    "

I was happy to work with you, I'm sure you had an uproar from other customers when their IP ranges were revoked without any actual actionable notice (FYI: I only saw that Announcement in WHMCS when logging in to open a support ticket wondering why my IP range was no longer assigned to me in RIPE, nothing before that at all, no emails or anything remotely similar.)

I'm not "blaming" the provider, but the fact is my service that I paid 1 year for, was revoked, without notice, after approximately 4 months - I fully admit and have done in the above post, it wasn't in production and was essentially idling although it had active BGP announcements so having it revoked wasn't going to damage my business, yet my service that I paid for a year upfront, was no longer accessible, and after waiting over 2 months patiently for a refund, I still have not gotten. How am I trying to place blame or anything similar? These are simply the facts.

Then they try to offer me a replacement IP range? Who in their right mind would put anything in production after the company you leased your IP range for, upfront for a year, pulls them after just 4 months without notice?

You say you did not cancel the ips. but there is a ticket requesting the cancellation.

There is a notice on this block of IPS. with the option to change them. you say you canceled the ips without notice.

I am not going to discuss this issue any further. you have a ticket pending for George.

Regards

Catalino.

• dbContextdbContext Member
    edited October 2022

Maybe this is just getting lost in translation, but I never requested a cancellation.

and just for the sake of clarity as I have nothing to hide, here is the initial support ticket I submitted on the 18th of August 2022

You will see that George did not offer a refund, and after this response the entire ticket is basically a waste of time as nothing useful came of it (I even lined up a seller to resell it to for him, which george never responded to / nor engaged in), by the time the seller was ready to make payment and have it transferred (still didn't get a response from george) I noticed the IP range was no longer in my possession / RIPE account, so I logged into WHMCS which I then saw the announcement regarding the RIPE LIR having their IP ranges pulled due to none payment to RIPE, so I submitted the final ticket requesting a pro rata refund.

Again, why would I want another IP range from you, when my 1 year paid service pulled after 4 months?

I'm not wanting to go back and fourth on this thread as it's not getting anyone anywhere, You've replied to the ticket (no responses for in over 1 month previous to this) only after I posted on this thread stating George will provide me an 8 month refund, although with no timeline on this, after already stating that 2 months ago? Provide me with an ETA.

• @georgedatacenter said: You say you did not cancel the ips. but there is a ticket requesting the cancellation.

That's completely irrelevant.

The situation (whether he requested cancellation or not) is that the service was pulled early, so he should get an immediate refund for the duration of the contract that was paid for and will not be executed.

Whether a cancellation prior to the service being removed was requested or not is irrelevant and is a separate discussion.

• Does it include automatic backup or snapshot?

@satsuke said:
    Does it include automatic backup or snapshot?

Hello . No

• have your Los Angeles lg test ip link?