Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

George Datacenter : AMD EPYC - NVMe | KVM |10GB Port | DALLAS | Instant Setup | - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

George Datacenter : AMD EPYC - NVMe | KVM |10GB Port | DALLAS | Instant Setup |

2»

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

@dbContext said:
    Maybe this is just getting lost in translation, but I never requested a cancellation.

and just for the sake of clarity as I have nothing to hide, here is the initial support ticket I submitted on the 18th of August 2022

You will see that George did not offer a refund, and after this response the entire ticket is basically a waste of time as nothing useful came of it (I even lined up a seller to resell it to for him, which george never responded to / nor engaged in), by the time the seller was ready to make payment and have it transferred (still didn't get a response from george) I noticed the IP range was no longer in my possession / RIPE account, so I logged into WHMCS which I then saw the announcement regarding the RIPE LIR having their IP ranges pulled due to none payment to RIPE, so I submitted the final ticket requesting a pro rata refund.

Again, why would I want another IP range from you, when my 1 year paid service pulled after 4 months?

I'm not wanting to go back and fourth on this thread as it's not getting anyone anywhere, You've replied to the ticket (no responses for in over 1 month previous to this) only after I posted on this thread stating George will provide me an 8 month refund, although with no timeline on this, after already stating that 2 months ago? Provide me with an ETA.

Even after receiving the $250

you have agreed to the refund schedule

open a dispute with your bank to reclaim the full $850?

https://redacted/

• dbContextdbContext Member
    edited November 2022

@georgedatacenter said:

@dbContext said:
    Maybe this is just getting lost in translation, but I never requested a cancellation.

and just for the sake of clarity as I have nothing to hide, here is the initial support ticket I submitted on the 18th of August 2022

You will see that George did not offer a refund, and after this response the entire ticket is basically a waste of time as nothing useful came of it (I even lined up a seller to resell it to for him, which george never responded to / nor engaged in), by the time the seller was ready to make payment and have it transferred (still didn't get a response from george) I noticed the IP range was no longer in my possession / RIPE account, so I logged into WHMCS which I then saw the announcement regarding the RIPE LIR having their IP ranges pulled due to none payment to RIPE, so I submitted the final ticket requesting a pro rata refund.

Again, why would I want another IP range from you, when my 1 year paid service pulled after 4 months?

I'm not wanting to go back and fourth on this thread as it's not getting anyone anywhere, You've replied to the ticket (no responses for in over 1 month previous to this) only after I posted on this thread stating George will provide me an 8 month refund, although with no timeline on this, after already stating that 2 months ago? Provide me with an ETA.

I spoke with my credit card company over a month ago when I wasn't getting any response from you, and I had assumed they weren't going to do anything.

What stage is the dispute in? I have had no email / call from my credit card provider letting them know they would be proceeding with the dispute.

• edited November 2022

`Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 8 hours, 27 minutes
    Processor : AMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 4 @ 2999.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 3.8 GiB
    Swap : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk : 77.8 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel : 5.10.0-19-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 265.04 MB/s (66.2k) 159.96 MB/s (2.4k)
    Write 265.74 MB/s (66.4k) 160.80 MB/s (2.5k)
    Total 530.78 MB/s (132.6k) 320.76 MB/s (5.0k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 264.99 MB/s (517) 327.29 MB/s (319)
    Write 279.07 MB/s (545) 349.09 MB/s (340)
    Total 544.07 MB/s (1.0k) 676.39 MB/s (659)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | busy | 1.12 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | 1.02 Gbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | busy | 1.33 Gbits/sec
    Uztelecom | Tashkent, UZ (10G) | busy | 437 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | busy | 3.75 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Dallas, TX, US (10G) | busy | 8.15 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy | 708 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 967
    Multi Core | 3672
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18694538`

edited November 2022

@dbContext said:

@georgedatacenter said:

@dbContext said:

I spoke with my credit card company over a month ago when I wasn't getting any response from you, and I had assumed they weren't going to do anything.

What stage is the dispute in? I have had no email / call from my credit card provider letting them know they would be proceeding with the dispute.

@dbContext said:

@georgedatacenter said:

@dbContext said:

you already have the money and an additional $250 from paypal.

even knowing that I had already opened a dispute on your card, I still accept the $250 paypal remittance.

you had the service active until september 1st, why did you open dispute for the whole transaction?

• dbContextdbContext Member
    edited November 2022

"even knowing that I had already opened a dispute on your card, I still accept the $250 paypal remittance."

Could you clarify? Have you opened a dispute/appeal on the dispute I lodged? If so, then why would I reasonably send back $250 when there is a possibility the dispute will be reverted?

I did not open a dispute for the entire transaction, as I already stated in the support ticket. I have recieved $570 ish (after conversion to GBP), which is 8 months of service. I've no idea why it states $850 your end, you will have to bring that up with your payment processor.

I do find it quite humorous that you blanked me for literally months, now I have my owed refund you're replying to the support ticket multiple times a day and also now bringing attention to this in your own public sales thread.

I opened the dispute (as already stated multiple times) over a month ago, before you started engaging in conversion with me regarding a refund (only after I started publicly commenting on your sales thread.) and received no feedback from my credit card provider, so forgot about it, and still even though I've "won" the dispute, still no contact from my credit card provider via email/phone.

I'm not scamming you, or trying to get one over on you, I simply wanted the money I was rightfully owed to me, back to me. I'm more than happy to refund you back the $250 you had initially refunded me (georgedatacenter are so illiquid they can't refund me the full $570 in one go, so they had to create a payment plan, which I gracefully accepted that spanned over 3 months.)

Let me know.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Please be mindful when sharing screenshots.

I've redacted the link shared by @georgedatacenter as it contained customer's details/information.

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter

@dbContext said:
    "even knowing that I had already opened a dispute on your card, I still accept the $250 paypal remittance."

Could you clarify? Have you opened a dispute/appeal on the dispute I lodged? If so, then why would I reasonably send back $250 when there is a possibility the dispute will be reverted?

I did not open a dispute for the entire transaction, as I already stated in the support ticket. I have recieved $570 ish (after conversion to GBP), which is 8 months of service. I've no idea why it states $850 your end, you will have to bring that up with your payment processor.

I do find it quite humorous that you blanked me for literally months, now I have my owed refund you're replying to the support ticket multiple times a day and also now bringing attention to this in your own public sales thread.

I opened the dispute (as already stated multiple times) over a month ago, before you started engaging in conversion with me regarding a refund (only after I started publicly commenting on your sales thread.) and received no feedback from my credit card provider, so forgot about it, and still even though I've "won" the dispute, still no contact from my credit card provider via email/phone.

I'm not scamming you, or trying to get one over on you, I simply wanted the money I was rightfully owed to me, back to me. I'm more than happy to refund you back the $250 you had initially refunded me (georgedatacenter are so illiquid they can't refund me the full $570 in one go, so they had to create a payment plan, which I gracefully accepted that spanned over 3 months.)

Let me know.

when someone opens a dispute with your bank, they make the chargeback as indicated by the customer.

So you clearly opened a dispute in its entirety.

If you have a picture of the chargeback you made, I can show it to the payment processor.

You have an open ticket which would be good to respond to and avoid extending this on the forum.

@georgedatacenter said:

@dbContext said:

Let me know.

when someone opens a dispute with your bank, they make the chargeback as indicated by the customer.

So you clearly opened a dispute in its entirety.

If you have a picture of the chargeback you made, I can show it to the payment processor.

You have an open ticket which would be good to respond to and avoid extending this on the forum.

It is clear that you received the amount of the dispute you opened with your bank for the total of $850.

Even using the service for 4 months.

As we indicated in your ticket. We will continue with the claim to get the exact amount.