Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• ralfralf Member
    edited October 2022

I don't need one of the VMs, but think it's great that you're doing it! Good luck with the brand!

Thanked by 3Not_Oles Lurkrazy adly
  • @Andrews said:
    #ThanksGTHost

Is it for one year or lifetime?

It'll be similar to NanoKVM where there's not a definite end date. I think if the project goes well, @GTHost will sponsor it for a long time. So please don't abuse it every one :)

@Neoon said:
    @TheOnlyDK I would not sacrifice Port 53 to a single machine.
    Setup a loadbalancer then you can get everyone access to Port 53.

Thanks for the advice! I was giving an example as port 53, but I'd think there are many other applications where it won't work with a load balancer? I have a couple of spare IPs and what I've set up is direct port forward to individual VMs for the requested ports. I'll read more on this though, maybe I can have it in conjunction to what I have set up right now.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles adly
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Thanks for the advice! I was giving an example as port 53, but I'd think there are many other applications where it won't work with a load balancer? I have a couple of spare IPs and what I've set up is direct port forward to individual VMs for the requested ports. I'll read more on this though, maybe I can have it in conjunction to what I have set up right now.

The only idea that comes to my mind regarding Port 53 would be DNS.

The issue here is, determine the destination where it should go, with DNS its easy, the user just links his domain with the virtual machine, however running a VPN over a shared port I would say is close to impossible, especially if these are encrypted.

You can read the headers of packages and route it by that, which I do, however wireguard does not include any indicator at all for that.

Thanked by 3TheOnlyDK Not_Oles adly
  • @Neoon said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

The only idea that comes to my mind regarding Port 53 would be DNS.

The issue here is, determine the destination where it should go, with DNS its easy, the user just links his domain with the virtual machine, however running a VPN over a shared port I would say is close to impossible, especially if these are encrypted.

You can read the headers of packages and route it by that, which I do, however wireguard does not include any indicator at all for that.

Ah I see. My setup would benefit it here then, I could just forward the said port over on one of the spare IPs and all traffic will go straight there. Only downside is I can only allow certain number of people asking the same port forwarded. But I don't think it'll be a problem on this scale.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • So... who are the first round of winners? :)

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Not_Oles
  • @Lutung said:
    Selamat Beraktifitas for you all

ThanksGTHost

Pake bahasa Jawa om :)

Thanked by 3TheOnlyDK Not_Oles Liso
  • Alright guys! First page winners are:

12 - @jmaxwell
    16 - @ailice
    25 - @Ympker (unsure if you want one, if not, I'll re-roll)

ask_seek_knock - Donor

You'll hear from me tonight (PST)! For those didn't win, don't give up!

https://imgur.com/a/2KZFK9R

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Alright guys! First page winners are:

12 - @jmaxwell
    16 - @ailice

ask_seek_knock - Donor

Thanks! I'll happily take it. I assume using it for private VPN (Nyr's script) would be okay (given that the OP only states that public VPNs are forbidden)? :)

• nyamenknyamenk Member
    edited October 2022

Forgot to say #ThanksGTHost :D

• @nyamenk said:
    Forgot to say #ThanksGTHost :D

I think, like me (also didn't write these exact words) , you were still counted given that the highest rolling number was 30.

• @Ympker said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

12 - @jmaxwell
    16 - @ailice

ask_seek_knock - Donor

Thanks! I'll happily take it. I assume using it for private VPN (Nyr's script) would be okay (given that the OP only states that public VPNs are forbidden)? :)

Private VPN is fine :)

Thanked by 2Ympker Not_Oles
  • XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited October 2022

@TheOnlyDK said:

12 - @jmaxwell
    16 - @ailice

ask_seek_knock - Donor

Congratulations! Good luck again to everyone else #ThanksGTHost

Thanked by 2Ympker Not_Oles
  • @nyamenk said:

@Lutung said:
    Selamat Beraktifitas for you all

ThanksGTHost

Pake bahasa Jawa om :)

Raiso ngomong jowo kang.

• I just donated some money to a charity and I'll send you the details and receipt via PM

If its fine for you then something like 1 core, 1GB RAM, 10GB SSD, 200Mbps port would be nice

Thanked by 2Not_Oles TheOnlyDK
  • I will get a chance to learn and try NAT vps #ThanksGTHost

• ThanksGTHost

for telegram bot auto enrolling to interesting Udemy free courses

• Option 2 ❤
    Special thanks to @TheOnlyDK 🖤

ThanksGTHost 💖

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • bdspicebdspice Member
    edited October 2022

I do Charity, work as a volunteer and maintain social organisation as well. Got award from District commissioner also. Am i capable to get one just for test purpose of my reverse proxy, load balancing, data & sql synchronizing learning?

ThanksGTHost

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • I would like to run snowflake to support people in Iran. Is this allowed? It should not create any complaints: https://support.torproject.org/censorship/what-is-snowflake/

ThanksGTHost

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@k4zz said:
    I would like to run snowflake to support people in Iran. Is this allowed? It should not create any complaints: https://support.torproject.org/censorship/what-is-snowflake/

ThanksGTHost

Please check the GTHost Terms of Service on this. Thanks!

• Sorry for the delays, been a little busy with life and work. Thanks everyone for your patience.

I've provisioned the VMs now, details sent via PM. Congrats again to @jmaxwell, @ailice, and @Ympker!

@ask_seek_knock, check your PM for VM details.

@atomi is verified, check your PM for VM details.

For everyone else, keep posting! The odds are going up due to these special comments!

• Here comes the second turn?

ThanksGTHost

• I have donated a small amount of money to a charity.
    I'll send you details via PM.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • edited October 2022

Some feedback:
    1. It's interesting that the control panel is Proxmox VE, which I've never met before, and its UI is quite straightforward. Common things (Start VM, Usage, 2FA, etc) are easy to find. I can't believe that installing a Debian is so simple: just click next, next, ... (I've never installed a Debian before, either) Less than 10 minutes before my first login.

1. Inbound IPv6 traffic seems restricted, since SSH connection was refused. Maybe someone will report that their Inbound IPv6 works fine?

2. Other things are stable and great.

Thank you, GTHost Not_Oles TheOnlyDK

Thanked by 3TheOnlyDK Not_Oles adly
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited October 2022

@ask_seek_knock said:
    Some feedback:
    1. It's interesting that the control panel is Proxmox VE, which I've never met before, and its UI is quite straightforward. Common things (Start VM, Usage, 2FA, etc) are easy to find. I can't believe that installing a Debian is so simple: just click next, next, ... (I've never installed a Debian before, either) Less than 10 minutes before my first login.

1. Inbound IPv6 traffic seems restricted, since SSH connection was refused. Maybe someone will report that their Inbound IPv6 works fine?

2. Other things are stable and great.

Thank you, GTHost Not_Oles TheOnlyDK

Thanks for the feedback. Yea I just put Proxmox on it, it's free and easy to use. Most commercial providers would slap something else on top of Proxmox even if they use it as backend, because proxmox lacks many features (such as automatic reinstalls, for example, it'll need a delete, and restore from a template).

As for inbound IPv6, let me double check my firewall settings. It's very possible I forgot something somewhere :D

EDIT: Yep, it was my firewall. Fixed. Thanks for reporting :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@TheOnlyDK said: lacks many features (such as automatic reinstalls

Assuming one has the needed permissions to make backups, after doing the original install, updates, and customizations, then make a backup. Restoring from that original, customized backup then can be better and faster than a reinstall from a generalized template. Then make more backups from time to time as you go along.

@TheOnlyDK said: EDIT: Yep, it was my firewall. Fixed. Thanks for reporting

Are you sure you are not covering for @yoursunny's possibly forgetting to configure IPv6 access? :)

@buzz786 said:
    I have donated a small amount of money to a charity.
    I'll send you details via PM.

Hi @buzz786! Thanks for asking for a free VPS. In looking at people's threads and posts we seek substantive and positive contributions to community discussions. Many of your threads and posts are requests for something for free. Also, the size of your charitable contribution interested us. If you have additional information you want us to consider, please send it along, and we will take a careful look. We will keep trying to give you a free VPS. Best wishes and kindest regards! <3 Tom

Thanked by 1tushaar
  • @Not_Oles said:

@TheOnlyDK said: lacks many features (such as automatic reinstalls

Assuming one has the needed permissions to make backups, after doing the original install, updates, and customizations, then make a backup. Restoring from that original, customized backup then can be better and faster than a reinstall from a generalized template. Then make more backups from time to time as you go along.

Last time I tried it, didn't work well. It needs more than just back up permissions. Also, disk space required to store those templates can be huge, I'd rather grant the disk space to those needing them, than storing templates. Reinstalling with netboot.xyz should be fairly easy to do :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Not_Oles said:
    the size of your charitable contribution interested us.

You shouldn't shame people on the size of charitable contribution.
    These are some of my smallest donations:

• USD $0.25 cash
    • CNY ¥5 bank transfer
    • one can of beans
    • two used shirts
    • two used ceramic bowls
    • three toothbrushes
    • six rolls of toilet paper

Every time, the recipient was happy to take my donation.

You can match VPS spec•duration to the donation amount.
    For example, $5 donation gets 512MB 10GB plan for 3 months.
    More donation translates to higher spec or longer duration.

Donations are tax-deductible for the donor.
    Thus, the line could be higher than an equivalent VPS from a commercial provider.

• @yoursunny said: You shouldn't shame people on the size of charitable contribution.

This is fair and valid. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with donating any amount, it's a huge step forward when compared to not donating at all.

@yoursunny said: You can match VPS spec•duration to the donation amount.

For example, $5 donation gets 512MB 10GB plan for 3 months.
    More donation translates to higher spec or longer duration.

I didn't want this to become a "sale". This whole project was developed to "reward" contributing members on LET. The donation part simply increases the chance of "winning" a VM to 100% but the original requirements are still valid.

@buzz786, I have no problem provision you a VM for 3 months and can be extended if you contribute to the community during these three months. I'd like to see some actual efforts put in, not just "I want free credits" comments. If you think this is fair, let me know and I'll provision you a VM right away.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles