Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirMach breaks TOS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirMach breaks TOS

I have faced the awful situation. My VPS was terminated due nonpayment but prior 6 days of being overdue. It's against VirMach TOS. According to VirMach TOS: "VirMach suspends your Service one (1) day after the due date, and terminates Customer’s Service completely after six (6) days of being overdue". The termination was caused after 2 days of being overdue. Nice!

VirMach is being my favorite provider for the years and I'm very disappointed.

The ticket has been raised but the Great VirMach Migration breaks a communication between customers and support service. VirMach support always was slow, the support response time was ~ 1 week before migration but now I'm afraid to imagine a delay.

It seems a time to go out.

Comments

• Tldr; OP didn't pay invoice and shocked that his vps was terminated for not paying invoice.

Thanked by 3ralf TimboJones kendid
  • @Rero said: It seems a time to go out.

Maybe it's right for LET too.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@soulchief said:
    Tldr; OP didn't pay invoice and shocked that his vps was terminated for not paying invoice.

It wasn't that long of a post and even you didn't read it.

It was overdue, but most providers highlight billing practices in their terms as it sounds like Virmach did.

OP was expecting more time to pay, per their terms, but was yeeted earlier.

Thanked by 2TODO emgh
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

In my opinion, if you really care about your service(s) and if a provider is truly your favorite, you would've enabled automatic billing to avoid being overdue on invoices and suspended/terminated.

But that's just my opinion.

• so sue them.

• soulchiefsoulchief Member
    edited September 2022

@MannDude said:

@soulchief said:
    Tldr; OP didn't pay invoice and shocked that his vps was terminated for not paying invoice.

It wasn't that long of a post and even you didn't read it.

It was overdue, but most providers highlight billing practices in their terms as it sounds like Virmach did.

OP was expecting more time to pay, per their terms, but was yeeted earlier.

I sure did read it all, my comment stands. If I have a service and don't pay by the due date, I wouldn't be shocked to have it cancelled regardless what the TOS says (which OP probably didn't even read until after). That's also assuming the TOS on the site is the same TOS that was agreed too when they ordered it. Virmach sends the invoices out 1 month before it's due so he had ample amount of time to pay it.

• Virmach is happy to boot out them promotional customer.

• Nice... Blame the provider because didn't suspend my server xD

• Take it a sign to go elsewhere

• Pretty sure the last guy that complained on similar situation was looking wrong at dates - WHMCS was changing dates blablabla, it works that way blablabla and it ended he was much much later than he initially expected.

You sure you were only mere 2 days left?

also VirMach has TOS now?!?!?!? :DD

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited September 2022

@Rero said: The termination was caused after 2 days of being overdue. Nice!

So you were playing with fire and you're surprised that you got burnt?!

By the way, is this your first account on LET, or are you hiding something?

Thanked by 2skorous DanSummer
  • @DP said:
    In my opinion, if you really care about your service(s) and if a provider is truly your favorite, you would've enabled automatic billing to avoid being overdue on invoices and suspended/terminated.

The only time my service was suspended due to overdue invoice was when I relied on automatic billing. The problem is it's usually billed on the same day the service is expiring, and if it fails you don't have a lot of time to react.

• rafanakerafanake Member
    edited September 2022

My server is currently OFFLINE, incredible how Virmach quality dropped

• @JabJab said: also VirMach has TOS now?!?!?!? :DD

TOS is here

• @angstrom said: is this your first account on LET

sure

• @angstrom said: are you hiding something?

What do you mean?

• @angstrom said: are you hiding something?

@Rero said:
    What do you mean?

He means that sometimes people join LowEndTalk just to complain about a provider. It does not always go the way they expected, so sometimes they come back again and again under newly created fake accounts to complain repeatedly.

Angstrom is implying that you may be one of those fake duplicate identities. I admit that when I read this thread, I thought the same thing.

Thanked by 3angstrom skorous Pwner
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I am not on any side but if customer data/project is very important to customer so customer will pay on time as for the rest it’s just excuses.

Thanked by 3angstrom skorous Pwner
  • @Rero said:

@JabJab said: also VirMach has TOS now?!?!?!? :DD

TOS is here

Probably was a rhetorical question. Everyone knows that virmach is way past the stage of honoring TOS, SLA, Customer support etc.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Could you tell me why someone will hold data if the service is unpaid? The storage of data cost money nowadays.

P.S. I am wondering if someone will provide physical storage for 3 x 13.6M length lorry trailers with full responsibility for free?

Thanked by 2hostdare angstrom
  • [Insert 2000 word @Virmach response]

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

Alright guys I have hired by myassdontreplytoticketsvirmach. You sir have fallen by the wayside. Please excuse our automated system but it reflects that we broke our own tos but again your nonpayment was the real reason why we terminated your vps. But you can comeback and pay for via our website! We are in need of cash to pay for these new ryzen servers which we can’t seem to figure out. /s

• No ticket response still! >:)

• @Rero said:
    No ticket response still! >:)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Thanked by 1Rero
  • @ralf said: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

No. But it's a good idea, thanks!

• Typical LET. Client was wrongly terminated.

The mass: BUT WHATS YOUR ALT?? ARE YOU A SPY??

Not paying in time isn’t the recommended route of doing business, and conseqenses should be according to TOS. Client claims consequences were more severe than TOS.

• @emgh said:
    Typical LET. Client was wrongly terminated.

Not paying in time isn’t the recommended route of doing business, and conseqenses should be according to TOS. Client claims consequences were more severe than TOS.

I'm wondering what you could do as a customer when a hosting provider breaks their TOS/SLA. Virmach proves to be unreliable for a couple of months now (based on the forum posts), and it looks like "they are getting away". Sure, there is a lot of reputation damage but there are no real consequences for the provider.

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2022

@LeftR said:

@emgh said:
    Typical LET. Client was wrongly terminated.

I'm wondering what you could do as a customer when a hosting provider breaks their TOS/SLA. Virmach proves to be unreliable for a couple of months now (based on the forum posts), and it looks like "they are getting away". Sure, there is a lot of reputation damage but there are no real consequences for the provider.

In the beginning there was reputation damage. Now no one in their sane mind hosts anything that they’d ever need to use on there.

Not for production, but also not for fun.

The only ones still on there, are one of these two:
    1. Addicts keeping it even though it’s unusable because it’s cheap
    2. People living under a rock

Since anyone sane moved, reputation damage dosen’t hurt anymore. That’s why they’re not here trying to defend their actions anymore.

Thanked by 1LeftR
  • OP brought shame to his family.