Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6 Years of VPN Unlimited - My first lifetime deal purchase on Stacksocial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

6 Years of VPN Unlimited - My first lifetime deal purchase on Stacksocial

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited September 2022 in General

When I was recently asked by a fellow LE member what my favourite lifetime VPN deal (regarding price/performance ratio) would be, I told them that for me that's gotta be VPN Unlimited. Windscribe is great and all, and so are all the other lifetime VPNs I have purchased (Windscribe, Ivacy, FastestVPN, Getflix, R4AW VPN maybe not so much..) , but VPN Unlimited is something special for me.

When I looked up my Stacksocial receipts, I found that I have now been using VPN Unlimited for a solid 6 years and Keepsolid just keeps things running solid (pun intended) and smoothly.
To add to that, this investment has also marked my first purchase on Stacksocial.
All the more reason to press F for respect for those guys over at Keepsolid.

Nostalgic purchase receipt from 2016:

Recently moved into a new flat and Keepsolid almost maxes out the connection flawlessly (210 Mbit/s Down, 45 Mbit/s Up without VPN, 190 Mbit/s Down, 40 Mbit/s Up with Keepsolid Switzerland Wireguard):

Without VPN:

With VPN Unlimited (Switzerland location, Wireguard):

It's worth mentioning that I paid 39$ back then. Assuming the average VPN would charge 40$ per year (Nord, ExpressVPN etc..), that would be a lot of bucks saved. Fwiw, IIRC before I started using VPN Unlimited, I was signed up to a NordVPN Sub for some 90$ per 2 years (aka 45$/year).

That's it. Just some nostalgia post and tribute to this VPN :)

Have a nice day, y'all!

Edit: I just saw that the purchase also included some To-DO Checklist lifetime deal lol. Never used that one :P

Comments

• Thanks for bringing this up, I just looked on stacksocial looking for that deal, but I found.

They have

Sticky Password Premium: Lifetime Subscription

VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription (5 Devices)

For $29.99, is Sticky Password a good password manager though? I have never used.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2022

@iNanja said:
    Thanks for bringing this up, I just looked on stacksocial looking for that deal, but I found.

They have

Sticky Password Premium: Lifetime Subscription

VPN Unlimited: Lifetime Subscription (5 Devices)

For $29.99, is Sticky Password a good password manager though? I have never used.

Hey there,
    I am not sure about Sticky Password manager. I use Enpass ( https://www.enpass.io/ ). It's worth mentioning that Stacksocial just bundled Sticky Pw Manager with VPN Unlimited (probably as a "security" kinda bundle) as it's not developed by Keepsolid iirc. Afaik, "Passwarden" is the password manager developed by Keepsolid. Anyway, the bundle seems to be cheaper than just VPN Unlimited, so just grab the bundle, I guess? :)

https://www.keepsolid.com/passwarden/

• So which popular VPN are they reselling again?

• @jmaxwell said:
    So which popular VPN are they reselling again?

Regarding Keepsolid, I am not sure whether they are reselling at all. Ivacy, at some point, has definitely been reselling PureVPN, and I thought that there was a certain proximity between Ivacy/PureVPN and FastestVPN. Keepsolid, however, is not a reseller afaik (they do have a reseller program, though). Could be wrong, but if they were indeed a reseller they'd be pretty damn solid regardless.

Thanked by 1Void
  • Do they have lifetime sales often? I still have almost 2 years from the coupons they always give out. I am not sure if I even need to purchase the lifetime deal with all the 6 month and 1 year codes they give out.

• louiejordanlouiejordan Member
    edited September 2022

the official price of vpnunlimited is $199.99, I remembered that I received a half year membership last year.

• @iNanja said:

Do they have lifetime sales often? I still have almost 2 years from the coupons they always give out. I am not sure if I even need to purchase the lifetime deal with all the 6 month and 1 year codes they give out.

The lifetime deal has been on Stacksocial at least as of 2016 when I purchased it and likely will be there for a long time. But, ultimately, with energy crisis, rising server costs etc you never know when they will lull the plug on lifetime deals.

• @Ympker said:

@jmaxwell said:
    So which popular VPN are they reselling again?

Regarding Keepsolid, I am not sure whether they are reselling at all. Ivacy, at some point, has definitely been reselling PureVPN, and I thought that there was a certain proximity between Ivacy/PureVPN and FastestVPN. Keepsolid, however, is not a reseller afaik (they do have a reseller program, though). Could be wrong, but if they were indeed a reseller they'd be pretty damn solid regardless.

Ah ok, it was fastest vpn. I keep confusing them with Keepsolid

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@jmaxwell said: Ah ok, it was >fastest vpn. I keep confusing them with Keepsolid

FastestVPN is actually quiet good. If you find their lifetime deal, it's definitely worth buying.

Thanked by 3Ympker Void netomx
  • @Arkas said:

@jmaxwell said: Ah ok, it was >fastest vpn. I keep confusing them with Keepsolid

FastestVPN is actually quiet good. If you find their lifetime deal, it's definitely worth buying.

Yeah, FastestVPN is also quite decent :)

• I bought mine in early 2020 and use it quite actively. Ivacy + vpnunlimited are both of great value.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dosai said:
    I bought mine in early 2020 and use it quite actively. Ivacy + vpnunlimited are both of great value.

I didn't use Ivacy much the past couple years because their app used to be rather buggy and their VPN speed slow (their browser extension is great for unblocking, though).. Gave them another try a couple weeks ago and they have improved significantly. Apps appear to be way more stable now and they introduced Wireguard which is also great :)

• @Ympker said:

@dosai said:
    I bought mine in early 2020 and use it quite actively. Ivacy + vpnunlimited are both of great value.

I didn't use Ivacy much the past couple years because their app used to be rather buggy and their VPN speed slow (their browser extension is great for unblocking, though).. Gave them another try a couple weeks ago and they have improved significantly. Apps appear to be way more stable now and they introduced Wireguard which is also great :)

Yep. I use their browser extension most of the times. Luckily, they have my city location and it's always fast 😀.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dosai said:

@Ympker said:

@dosai said:

Yep. I use their browser extension most of the times. Luckily, they have my city location and it's always fast 😀.

Yeah, it's pretty cool :D

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I had no idea Ivacy had added wireguard. The reviews on YouTube keep saying the lack of wireguard is a serious con. Ivacy is becoming more and more of a good bargan for the lifetime deal.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2022

@Arkas said:
    I had no idea Ivacy had added wireguard. The reviews on YouTube keep saying the lack of wireguard is a serious con. Ivacy is becoming more and more of a good bargan for the lifetime deal.

There definitely is Wireguard (on Android and Windows 10 for sure):

Also some other nice features like "Multiport", Split Tunelling and IKS :)

Also Browser extension unblocks lots of Streaming services: https://i.gyazo.com/96a4e5b2712a4fd871665f320973bc00.mp4

Lots of different Flix locations, too:

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Mine was windscribe vpn, the best decision I ever made.

Thanked by 2Chuck Ympker
  • @Ympker do they have custom config generator facility for wireguard? I have them too but not using them at the moment since I have other LTD VPN, Windscribe. I think I can start to use it again my new tv box purchased recently after reading your review.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Guys be careful. Before you know it, with these lifetime deals you could end up like me, a VPN hoarder! :blush:

Thanked by 2Ympker BetaMaster
  • VPN train. Do it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

I bought the Ivacy deal a couple of hours ago. I haven't had a chance to try it, and I am already looking for the next deal... I'm a VPN hoarder!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I also have Keepsolid VPN lifetime and it's good! But Windscribe Lifetime is my the one that got away.

Thanked by 2Ympker TimRoo
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@jcolideles said: But Windscribe Lifetime is my the one that got away

Windscribe is very good. I feel it's a step above all the others that are offering LTD now. Having said that, I'm in contact with Windscribe support for an issue (in their Linux App) were there is a leak of private IPv6 addresses, which is rather serious as you can imagine.

• Keepsolid has been fantastic for me and I only use it on servers (wireguard) for either torrenting or accessing geoblocked stuff. 5 devices is plenty for my use case. Paid under $20 for that and it's the best random impulse buy I think I ever made lol

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • What's the best deal on a lifetime keepsolid right now?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@dahartigan said: What's the best deal on a lifetime keepsolid right now?

>
    The lifetime one that comes with sticky password on stacksocial

• @Arkas said:

@dahartigan said: What's the best deal on a lifetime keepsolid right now?

>
    The lifetime one that comes with sticky password on stacksocial

Just noticed that, also there's one with Hushed for the same price: https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-lifetime-mobile-privacy-security-subscription-bundle-hushed

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@dahartigan said: Just noticed that, also there's one with Hushed for the same price

I had never heard of hushed before. I can't see why I would use it since I can do what it does with a little hacking and VOIP. Sticky Password lifetime on the other hand is very useful, although to me it isn't as I am primarily a Linux user, and sticky doesn't support Linux.

• I just took the one with Hushed.. I don't think I'll use it but my wife might be able to use it to call her family in Canada, so it could be a win/win. I wanted the Keepsolid to gift to a family member who just came out of a NordVPN subscription and will occasionally use it to overcome geo-blocking or similar.

Thanked by 2Ympker netomx
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@dahartigan said: I wanted the Keepsolid to gift to a family member who just came out of a NordVPN subscription and will occasionally use it to overcome geo-blocking or similar.

Nice gesture! I hope they appreciate it.

Thanked by 1Ympker