Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coding tools for Mac
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Coding tools for Mac

Hey LET,

I am a windows user and I transferred to MAC just a month ago, I'm really lost at using MAC, especially the terminal. Do I install programming languages through the terminal or use an IDE? I haven't seen many youtube tutorials and I am hoping to use python, vue.js, and node.js. Can you guys share some tutorials?

Comments

• Jetbrains? VSC?

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited August 2022

I can recommend using homebrew for installing packages and apps on Mac. And pyenv to create local Python environments, so you can work on multiple projects with different python versions.

Thanked by 1martheen
  • InternxtInternxt Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2022

Deleted

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited August 2022

@Internxt said:

@CalmDown said:
    Jetbrains? VSC?

Thank you! Will try!

You forgot to switch accounts bud image

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@Internxt said:

@CalmDown said:
    Jetbrains? VSC?

Thank you! Will try!

You forgot to switch accounts bud

Fine fine, I did but this one's legit for personal use.

• This is super funny tho😂😂😂

• HAHAHAHHAHAHA😂

• @kasodk said:
    I can recommend using homebrew for installing packages and apps on Mac. And pyenv to create local Python environments, so you can work on multiple projects with different python versions.

It would be cool to use the terminal and not install so many IDEs. It's getting pretty confusing since I have to use the terminal to install languages too.

• ralfralf Member

I am a windows user and I transferred to MAC just a month ago, I'm really lost at using MAC, especially the terminal. Do I install programming languages through the terminal or use an IDE? I haven't seen many youtube tutorials and I am hoping to use python, vue.js, and node.js. Can you guys share some tutorials?

As the company that you're using this account to shill for sells products that run natively on MacOS, why don't you ask one of your programmers what they use?

• @Jovie said:
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA😂

Youre laughing cause your whole company was just banned for scummy marketing tactics and your questionable buzz marketing thread will be up on first page?

HA! HA!

• @ralf said:

As the company that you're using this account to shill for sells products that run natively on MacOS, why don't you ask one of your programmers what they use?

It won't be relevant, I'm planning to create a bot using node.js.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Jovie said:

@ralf said:

It won't be relevant, I'm planning to create a bot using node.js.

create a bot to spam threads on LET?

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @AXYZE said:

@Jovie said:
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA😂

Youre laughing cause your whole company was just banned for scummy marketing tactics and your questionable buzz marketing thread will be up on first page?

HA! HA!

We sent a proposal to LET and waiting to hear back, you can only say that I am marketing if I tossed a link/code, but I am sincerely asking what the users think. I didn't impose that you use the product either or said any features.

• I really do have questions. If you guys install homebrew, what happens when it says - /opt/homebrew/bin is not in your PATH?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Jovie said:

@AXYZE said:

@Jovie said:
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA😂

HA! HA!

We sent a proposal to LET and waiting to hear back, you can only say that I am marketing if I tossed a link/code, but I am sincerely asking what the users think. I didn't impose that you use the product either or said any features.

you just wanted SEO bud?

• @Jovie said:

@AXYZE said:

@Jovie said:
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA😂

HA! HA!

You're asking "Is this a lifetime plan?", youre literally impersonating clueless/random guy. Buzz marketing should always mean permaban.

I see Internxt is well know for this shilling tactic on Reddit. Plenty of threads there.

• ralfralf Member
    edited August 2022

@Jovie said:
    I really do have questions. If you guys install homebrew, what happens when it says - /opt/homebrew/bin is not in your PATH?

This really is something that your programmers probably would in fact know.

• @FatGrizzly said: create a bot to spam threads on LET?

I'm not a bot either😅

• @Jovie said:
    We sent a proposal to LET and waiting to hear back

@jbiloh

• @ralf said:

This is actually not work-related. I am a fresh grad in CpE and working on my thesis which is not related to work😅

• ralfralf Member

@Jovie said:

@ralf said:

This is actually not work-related. I am a fresh grad in CpE and working on my thesis which is not related to work😅

Googled.

CPE (Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacterales) are bacteria (bugs) that live in the gut. CPE are a type of superbug.

Sounds about right.

Thanked by 2kasodk martheen
  • Computer Engineering😌

• How did you manage to get your company valued at 40m? People really be throwing money at things with the word blockchain and decentralized in it

• @neverain said: How did you manage to get your company valued at 40m? People really be throwing money at things with the word blockchain and decentralized in it

Well, there are so many negative things associated with blockchain, web3, and crypto but the zero-knowledge system of transactions and contracts is just commendable when you look at it on a more technical level.

• @Jovie said: Fine fine, I did but this one's legit for personal use.

Fuck you and everyone that does this shit.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Jovie said:

@AXYZE said:

@Jovie said:
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA😂

HA! HA!

Hi.

I haven't seen your ticket. If you are serious, send a ticket from the help desk, and @jbiloh will gladly help.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Where's the boss?

• JovieJovie Member
    edited August 2022

I haven't seen your ticket. If you are serious, send a ticket from the help desk, and @jbiloh will gladly help.

We filled out your forms and we haven't seen your price list either. I have an email that I submitted an offer request. It says answered but we didn't hear anything back.

• LisoLiso Member

@Jovie said:

We filled out your forms and we haven't seen your price list either. I have an email that I submitted an offer request. It says answered but we didn't hear anything back.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-sep-2018/p1#ppt

https://services.lowendtalk.com/index.php?rp=/store/lowendtalk-provider-tag/membership-fee