Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coding tools for Mac - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Coding tools for Mac

2»

Comments

• @Jovie said: I haven't seen your ticket. If you are serious, send a ticket from the help desk, and @jbiloh will gladly help.

This is the ticket - [Ticket ID: STA-691361]

• @neverain said:
    How did you manage to get your company valued at 40m? People really be throwing money at things with the word blockchain and decentralized in it

By tweaking their pitch. Starting from a "Coin" in 2017, to a Web3 startup in 2022.

• Language and framework?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited August 2022

I'll be the first one to say...
    VIM

Usual dev tools: VIM, VSCode, Atom, Visual Studio, Jetbrains stuff.
    If you use VIM you probably ain't a Microsoft stack user. More like: Rust, JS/TS, Python, Go, etc etc.

Thanked by 2vyas11 yoursunny
  • @elliotc said: Language and framework?

Language, I'm trying to see if I can use the terminal for it.

• So are we just going to ignore the fact that this guy tried to shill from an alt then backpedaled when he got caught?

That wouldn't be fair to all those morons who got banned for trying to pull shit like this
    such as this guy, this guy and this guy.

• @Hxxx said: I'll be the first one to say...

VIM

Usual dev tools: VIM, VSCode, Atom, Visual Studio, Jetbrains stuff.

If you use VIM you probably ain't a Microsoft stack user. More like: Rust, JS/TS, Python, Go, etc etc.

I have tried using vsode but it ended up really confusing last time because I had to download it on the terminal although I have the software, but thank you. I have used vscode and atom before but it's in windows.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@jmgcaguicla said:
    So are we just going to ignore the fact that this guy tried to shill from an alt then backpedaled when he got caught?

That wouldn't be fair to all those morons who got banned for trying to pull shit like this

This. Now it's fine that he's shilling as he's going to pay the $200? It's a joke

• @jmgcaguicla said: So are we just going to ignore the fact that this guy tried to shill from an alt then backpedaled when he got caught?

We seriously signed up for their offer forms last August 22 and we are looking forward to the replies so we can post our offer in the section.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Jovie said:

@jmgcaguicla said: So are we just going to ignore the fact that this guy tried to shill from an alt then backpedaled when he got caught?

We seriously signed up for their offer forms last August 22 and we are looking forward to the replies so we can post our offer in the section.

Then you should have waited like every other provider on here and nudged the mods if needed. Not signing up pretending to be someone else and asking about your own company and shilling.

• @iKeyZ said: Then you should have waited like every other provider on here and nudged the mods if needed. Not signing up pretending to be someone else and asking about your own company and shilling.

Yeah, I will take it and request my account for deletion.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Jovie said:

@iKeyZ said: Then you should have waited like every other provider on here and nudged the mods if needed. Not signing up pretending to be someone else and asking about your own company and shilling.

Yeah, I will take it and request my account for deletion.

Realistically both should be;

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-june-2022/p1#oneaccount

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-june-2022/p1#bannable

• But srsly you guys, LET is traumatizing.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Jovie said:
    But srsly you guys, LET is traumatizing.

If you read the rules, you'd be fine.

• It's not a wrong thing to ask if you guys think that the product is legit or not but when c> @iKeyZ said:

@Jovie said:

If you read the rules, you'd be fine.

Thanks anyway. I'll try the recommended tools.

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited August 2022

@iKeyZ said:

@Jovie said:

@jmgcaguicla said: So are we just going to ignore the fact that this guy tried to shill from an alt then backpedaled when he got caught?

Then you should have waited like every other provider on here and nudged the mods if needed. Not signing up pretending to be someone else and asking about your own company and shilling.

This is LowEnd marketing. Shill, get caught and well-known before you get your provider tag = your first offers gets a lot of attention and doesn't sink.

We are going to see this approach over and over again with new providers with low morale because LET no longer bans providers.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Jovie said:

Traumatized by getting caught shilling? :smiley:

• @DP said:

@Jovie said:

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@DP said:

@Jovie said:

What's happening about..

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-june-2022/p1#bannable

?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2022

@iKeyZ said:

@DP said:

@Jovie said:

What's happening about..

?

DP is giving some time to let Internxt team give the lowendpeople some lowendfun.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jmgcaguicla said:
    So are we just going to ignore the fact that this guy tried to shill from an alt then backpedaled when he got caught?

Nope. Im just on mobile, waiting on other mod to ban.

Thanked by 1jmgcaguicla
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

RIP Internxt-alt. You'll be remembered forever in hearts of LET'ers

• Pay the bill invoice and all will be forgotten. Your accounts will be restored I'm sure 😄

• VoidVoid Member

@dosai said:
    Pay the bill invoice and all will be forgotten. Your accounts will be restored I'm sure 😄

“BilohBucks redemption”

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2022

Gave them a chance at their regular subscription price, figured they did a lot of good work and deserved more than just a promo purchase. Who knows, maybe good enough to finally replace my Dropbox?

Sub cancelled, account deleted.

Edit: Also apparently replied to this user's other thread, instead of the one that I meant to. But I think it's pretty clear what I'm talking about.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

When I was a mod they would have been banned (ok, temp ban until Jon decided what to do with them) and they wouldn't have been left to make fun of LET this long. Maybe there was a communication breakdown between the mod team? They're still the best best admin/mod team I have ever worked with, it's not as easy as it looks on the outside.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited August 2022

@jar said:
    Gave them a chance at their regular subscription price, figured they did a lot of good work and deserved more than just a promo purchase. Who knows, maybe good enough to finally replace my Dropbox?

Sub cancelled, account deleted.

Edit: Also apparently replied to this user's other thread, instead of the one that I meant to. But I think it's pretty clear what I'm talking about.

It would have been better if you had an alternate account to accidentally post that from.

Also, nobody replaces Dropbox without trade-offs. They're #1 for a reason.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @TimboJones said:

I'm just curious, I used Dropbox back in 2013-15 but then switched to Google drive for personal use, what features make Dropbox stand on top?

• @imyuno said:

@TimboJones said:

I'm just curious, I used Dropbox back in 2013-15 but then switched to Google drive for personal use, what features make Dropbox stand on top?

Before they implemented limited devices for free accounts, I used DB camera upload. The photos would sync to desktop within seconds, reliably. With both Google Photos and Amazon drive, the uploads were delayed and/or required to manually open apps to have it go quicker. That was my biggest issue, just killed productivity dealing with delays.

Google drive also changes fucking apps every other year, so there's no "still works" setups from years ago but boot up a Dropbox device from years ago and no problem updating and syncing. It "just works".

With Nextcloud, I know a three person office with two primary users and they've got file conflicts up the ass for whatever reason. The few times I looked at it, files were old, unchanged and not in use by other users. It looked like bugs or at the least, nuisances. The few times I've had file conflicts with Dropbox, I was well aware why it happened and it made sense.

Anyway, they keep raising their prices because only like 4% of users are actually paying. But for people who use Dropbox for business, I can't argue it isn't still good value.

Thanked by 3vero imyuno Liso
  • emgemg Veteran

@Jovie said:
    I really do have questions. If you guys install homebrew, what happens when it says - /opt/homebrew/bin is not in your PATH?

@ralf said:
    This really is something that your programmers probably would in fact know.

@Jovie said:
    This is actually not work-related. I am a fresh grad in CpE and working on my thesis which is not related to work😅

Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I fell out of my chair when I read this exchange. How could a "fresh grad in [Computer Engineering]" not know what the PATH variable is? How sad is that?

I guess I have to ask computer engineering job applicants the question, "What is the PATH variable?" from now on.