Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How dead is LET to hobbyists?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How dead is LET to hobbyists?

duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
edited August 2022 in Meta

Feels like this went from a hobbyist place where you find out how/where to run small cheap VMs

Now it feels like it's just about:
Virmach complaints
Racknerd thread bumps bumps
Chinese people doing shady stuff or their classic VPN-related story
Scam offers that don't make sense considering inflation

Now that LET charges, will the people charging take any responsiblity and go wayy above and investigate the offers they allow/post?
Because if they are charging for this then they got no excuse anymore right? Time shouldn't be an issue because "now" they are getting paid, right?

I hope the payment they request to be a patreon provider is about being able to dedicate time into this instead of "people are making money and I am entitled to a cut because I can"

I mean, this isn't volunteer work anymore, right?

[Text and image of Jesus]

Mod edit (angstrom): Removed

Comments

• lmao ok

• lmao ok

• @duckeeyuck said: Because if they are charging for this then they got no excuse anymore right? Time shouldn't be an issue because "now" they are getting paid, right?

The mods are still unpaid, the folks who have been stuffing cash up their butts are working on LEB unfortunately.

• That's why we have OGF.

Thanked by 2MannDude shelfchair
  • The 'Hobbyists' have moved to other communities.
    LET is a business. They will do anything to make money like every other business.

• emgemg Veteran

I was following along just fine until you changed the subject completely.

I agree with your statements about how LET has changed for hobbyists. You made your point. The second subject and image are a huge distraction to the thread that has nothing to do with your point. I am not disputing your rights, but they are a diversion. They belong elsewhere.

If your purpose is to whine about how LET has changed for hobbyists, I'm in. If your sole purpose was to spam the forum in order to demonstrate your faith and recruit others to it, I'm out.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

I feel you buddy.

• The bugs have raised, where you should think of change the provider.

• If anyone has other commu please dm the link to me.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@duckeeyuck

I'm not entirely certain whether you were sincere or not, but let's leave Jesus out of threads that are irrelevant to him -- I suspect that he'd appreciate this

• o:) Time to build another community

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited August 2022

@dosai said:
    lmao ok

oh yeah, and i started this trend accidentally
    and my traditional pissing off people with saying "give me a free vps uwu"
    and pissing them off more because i called a person who legit send me a link to pearOS as an alternative to macOS a brain-less person.

• @angstrom said:
    @duckeeyuck

I'm not entirely certain whether you were sincere or not, but let's leave Jesus out of threads that are irrelevant to him -- I suspect that he'd appreciate this

Thanked by 1ehab
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited August 2022

Yeah the issue is mostly that you as many others have an addiction. On your break you come to this website and find out the same threads. Then you are filled with disappointment. Did I matched your feeling?

Main issue is that people keep bumping old threads. Let them die, close them. Put a cron job. If they want to continue, create new threads.

@duckeeyuck

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • deqideqi Member

Text and image of Jesus removed by request of da highest ordaaaaa

• I was at the peak of my high when I wrote this

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@duckeeyuck said:
    I was at the peak of my high when I wrote this

Encouraging to hear this

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Seriously, there should be Virmach only thread and move virmach related stuff there.

• @Otus9051 said:

@dosai said:
    lmao ok

oh yeah, and i started this trend accidentally
    and my traditional pissing off people with saying "give me a free vps uwu"
    and pissing them off more because i called a person who legit send me a link to pearOS as an alternative to macOS a brain-less person.

No one cares lmao

• @Gravely said: The 'Hobbyists' have moved to other communities.

Where is that?

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@Saahib said:
    Seriously, there should be Virmach only thread and move virmach related stuff there.

and racknerd, Like let both of them have their own whatever. Most OGs don't care anyway, Bunch of kids PMS'ing.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Traffic goes up every month.

The same half-dozen people stop by every day to throw rocks because they're bored.

Thanked by 2fawai netomx
  • ehabehab Member

when its xmas time i say

• I just use this for domain auctions and LES for what this used to be

• For me, https://www.serverhunter.com/ has killed LET/LEB. The advanced filters are very useful and I can see better deals. I think the 200 USD for providers introduction to LET is discouraging providers to post their offers? I only login here once a day for reviews, industry news, deadpool news and drama.

How do you guys browse LET?

My flow is:

• Login
    • See that there are about < 100 "unread" threads
    • Click on 3-5 links
    • Click "Mark All Viewed"
    • Logout
  • WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    Traffic goes up every month.

Take out all the "double my bandwidth" posts and tell me traffic is going up every month. I call bullshit.

• Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • barkbark Member

@NobodyInteresting said:

@angstrom said:
    @duckeeyuck

Jesus looked nothing like this. He had short cropped black hair, a large nose, and was 'physically robust'.

This painting right here? It's a picture of me in 1965. Somebody painted over the VW bus with surfboards on the roof, the twin blonde girls in matching bikinis, and the glowing S. Cal sunset in the background.

Not joking.

• emghemgh Member
    edited August 2022

If there's one group of users that's killing LET it's those shouting "DEAD DEAD DEAD" and still being here, it's really contradicting just in itself.

Also, the forum is somewhat lame compared to when I joined, it was more fun then, please mods don't argue against this because we all know it's true.

But it's not dead, and it seems there's one of these discussions every week, which is getting very boring, but, probably it's a try to level up the excitement that's been lost around here, however, it always fails.

Also, arguing that it's not dead because of traffic increases isn't very giving, considering we're a niche community, getting more people in here that aren't very interested in our niche isn't making this place any better.

But, not dead. Just not as living.

• traffic has been increasing either by purpledaddy doubles, virmach/hosthatch troubles, or simply dead dead dead shouters

Thanked by 1bulbasaur