Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excellent shared hosting offer $6 for 1 year by IONOS !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Excellent shared hosting offer $6 for 1 year by IONOS !

ArkasArkas Moderator
edited August 2022 in General

$6 for the first year for their business plan including free domain, comes to $0.50 per month!
https://www.ionos.com/hosting/web-hosting#plans

I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with Ionos.

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly Ympker

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Watch out for hidden fees and terms of services. Usually they deny transfer out domain bought with that promo. Let us know if anyone bought this.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

You can get it without buying the domain. I bought the hosting as for $6 it was crazy not to buy it, even though I don't need it. So far loving their control panel.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Not recurring offer. It is $10 per month after 1 year.

• @Arkas said:
    $6 for the first year for their business plan including free domain, comes to $0.50 per month!
    https://www.ionos.com/hosting/web-hosting#plans

I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with Ionos.

You meant this link?
    https://www.ionos.com/hosting/business-hosting

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@dosai said: Not recurring offer. It is $10 per month after 1 year.

Correct, but If they still have this offer after a year (I doubt it) then you can purchase it again and migrate, or simply migrate to somewhere else. $6 for a full year with what they are offering is absolutely amazing!

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2022

They both get you to the same area, but your link is more direct, thanks! :smile:

• amarcamarc Veteran

Are they using Plesk or something custom ?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@amarc said: Are they using Plesk or something custom ?

It's a custom panel. It's like Cpanel but easier to navigate, it has all the features. Testing it out now.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited August 2022

Sadly offer is not available for many countries for example Poland & Portugal or even China

Some countries are on list (Germany, UK...) but they are redirected to 12euro / 12pound offers instead of 6 dollars.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@AXYZE said: Sadly offer is not available for many countries for example Poland & Portugal or even China

Wow, I didn't know that. That sucks, I wonder why they did that? If I remember correctly, this company has been around since 1988 and is the biggest provider in Europe.

• tjntjn Member

GoDaddy > IONOS/1&1

And Godaddy is 💩

• ArkasArkas Moderator

No way. Ionos is better than GD by miles. Look at the reviews online, and youtube

• tjntjn Member

Really? Perhaps I was a bit harsh.
    To be honest, the last time I tried 1&1 was maybe 15 years ago.
    It was unusable at the time.
    Still don't really trust GD or 1&1.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@tjn said:
    Really? Perhaps I was a bit harsh.
    To be honest, the last time I tried 1&1 was maybe 15 years ago.
    It was unusable at the time.
    Still don't really trust GD or 1&1.

15 years is a huge amount of time, maybe you should re-try them before commenting.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Ionos has been solid so far. My clients are happy with them :) Might be worth giving them a try if you're looking for a shared hosting. Ofc, you may miss DA panel but other than that quite decent.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @Arkas said:
    You can get it without buying the domain. I bought the hosting as for $6 it was crazy not to buy it, even though I don't need it. So far loving their control panel.

How's the performance?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@niranjan said: How's the performance?

The panel is very responsive, everything is fast and snappy. I'm setting up a domain now to test a mock WP site.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly

@Arkas said:

The panel is very responsive, everything is fast and snappy. I'm setting up a domain now to test a mock WP site.

Please set up a wp site with default theme, would be useful for the community to check page load times etc.

• niranjanniranjan Member
    edited August 2022

@Arkas said:

Just bought the hosting, figuring out how to install WP on the existing domain!

They really need to change their control panel or whatever that shit is!

Are you talking about this Panel? or am I missing something here?

• US Dollars 108 for three years is the minimum price I see

@niranjan said:

@Arkas said:

maybe this guide could help you out.
    https://www.ionos.com/help/domains/creating-a-website/creating-a-website-with-wordpress/

• DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM IONOS!!!! They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They literally sent me fake invoices for products I did not order, and threatened to sue me over it. It finally went to collections, and I told the company I will not be paying any bills to them, as they are not valid, and I would counter file any court claims. Within a few days I was told all the charges are being dropped. Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with, do not purchase anything from them for any reason ever. I can not stress how shitty this company is.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • LeviLevi Member

@jamespeach said:
    DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM IONOS!!!! They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They literally sent me fake invoices for products I did not order, and threatened to sue me over it. It finally went to collections, and I told the company I will not be paying any bills to them, as they are not valid, and I would counter file any court claims. Within a few days I was told all the charges are being dropped. Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with, do not purchase anything from them for any reason ever. I can not stress how shitty this company is.

Nope, they just got your balls. You talking bullshit. To all: order by using one time cc and you are good to go.

• jamespeachjamespeach Member
    edited August 2022

@LTniger said:

@jamespeach said:
    DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM IONOS!!!! They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They literally sent me fake invoices for products I did not order, and threatened to sue me over it. It finally went to collections, and I told the company I will not be paying any bills to them, as they are not valid, and I would counter file any court claims. Within a few days I was told all the charges are being dropped. Literally the worst company I have ever dealt with, do not purchase anything from them for any reason ever. I can not stress how shitty this company is.

Nope, they just got your balls. You talking bullshit. To all: order by using one time cc and you are good to go.

Sadly everything I said was true, I don't know why you think this would be BS. This was around 10 years ago, so things may have changed since then, but every talk of 1 and 1/IONOS has always been negative from what I have heard. I purchased a single domain from them for one year, and I let it expire. After a few years, they sent me a bill for I believe around $500 (physically in the mail). It was for several years of domain renewals and hosting packages, maybe SSL or something else too, I can't really remember the full details. My original receipt showed my order was for one year of domain registration and that was it. My domain itself was never renewed, and I never had a hosting plan. That's all I sent to the collections agency and they dropped the case after a few days. IONOS was not able to provide any evidence at all that I ordered the services, no receipts, no emails no anything. I was never contacted by IONOS about these charges prior to going to collections. They had my address, phone number, and email, and never attempted any prior to sending to collections. I promise you nothing I am saying is BS.

• So the golden question is if you can transfer the domain?

• anyone knows the server location?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@henix said:
    anyone knows the server location?

https://cloud.ionos.co.uk/data-centres

• @henix said:

You can just use an external domain? At least that's what I use for one of my clients. Should be an option to order without domain somewhere.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@niranjan said:

@Arkas said:

maybe this guide could help you out.
    https://www.ionos.com/help/domains/creating-a-website/creating-a-website-with-wordpress/

Nope, this also keeps redirecting to the "Websites" page.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@henix said:

You can just use an external domain? At least that's what I use for one of my clients. Should be an option to order without domain somewhere.

Normally with any host you can point A and MX record