Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excellent shared hosting offer $6 for 1 year by IONOS ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Excellent shared hosting offer $6 for 1 year by IONOS !

2»

Comments

• Stay away from IONOS and you can avoid a lot of troubles.

Thanked by 1jamespeach
  • @WebProject said:

@Ympker said:

@henix said:
    anyone knows the server location?

You can just use an external domain? At least that's what I use for one of my clients. Should be an option to order without domain somewhere.

Normally with any host you can point A and MX record

Yeah, you can use external domains with Ionos. Shouldn't be a problem.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Ympker said: Yeah, you can use external domains with Ionos. Shouldn't be a problem.

It's very easy to do, just like any other host. So far everything looks fine.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Have domain long ago when promo, and they dont give auth transfer domain and charge 50$ for "transfer fee" even domain have 2 months remaining before expired.

And someone (dunno excalty) renew domain for 1 year and change dns to parking domain :D

After waiting for 1 year when domain expired, and register it.

Lesson learned, I dont want touch any EIG-related again :D

Thanked by 2comXyz jamespeach
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@ailice said: Lesson learned, I dont want touch any EIG-related again

They are not an EIG company...

• @Arkas said:
    They are not an EIG company...

My bad, writing on early day is not ideal for me :s
    My Experience was ~3 years ago thought, maybe there some changes after last time I tried

• Ionos…. Well they improved over the years, BUT they have a file limit of 250.000 files which they only stated in their TOS, SSL is expensive and they also do not support lets encrypt….

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@_cece said: SSL is expensive and they also do not support lets encrypt….

They support free SSLs in their $6 a year plan.

• @ailice said:
    Have domain long ago when promo, and they dont give auth transfer domain and charge 50$ for "transfer fee" even domain have 2 months remaining before expired.

And someone (dunno excalty) renew domain for 1 year and change dns to parking domain :D

After waiting for 1 year when domain expired, and register it.

Lesson learned, I dont want touch any EIG-related again :D

I have domain from IONOS, $1 promotion and able to transfer without any fee.

• ralfralf Member
    edited August 2022

On SSL, I recently moved some of my domains to porkbun and thought it was cool that they can integrate with Lets Encrypt for you so you just download the cert. I still stuck with my own existing HTTP based system as I've already automated that, but I think a lot of people will find the porkbun approach easier for them.

• When visiting the page using mobile I can see that the deal price, is not shown on desktop

• @webmasteroffers said:
    When visiting the page using mobile I can see that the deal price, is not shown on desktop

Just use my link that I posted earlier instead of one posted by Arkas.
    It goes directly to offer.

• @Arkas said:

@_cece said: SSL is expensive and they also do not support lets encrypt….

They support free SSLs in their $6 a year plan.

For all Domains? Including subdomains and external domains? I thought it was only for one Domain name and the www subdomain… and than you have to purchase the ssl flat for 120€/year or so?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@_cece said: For all Domains? Including subdomains and external domains? I thought it was only for one Domain name and the www subdomain… and than you have to purchase the ssl flat for 120€/year or so?

I added a second domain and the SSL certificate was working fine. But I'm very new to this provider, I'm still testing it out. So far they are very good!

• edited August 2022

UPDATE: you have to do 12 months, my bad

They also have a 6 month promo for $2/month on
    VPS XL RAM
    6 vCores
    18GB ram
    160GB SSD

12 months
    $2/month for 6 months
    then just $35/month

• @Arkas said:

@_cece said: For all Domains? Including subdomains and external domains? I thought it was only for one Domain name and the www subdomain… and than you have to purchase the ssl flat for 120€/year or so?

I added a second domain and the SSL certificate was working fine. But I'm very new to this provider, I'm still testing it out. So far they are very good!

Thank you. Can you try to add for another domain an ssl too? Because I guess you only have one free ssl certificate to use…

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@_cece said: Thank you. Can you try to add for another domain an ssl too? Because I guess you only have one free ssl certificate to use…

I've left the office, and I'm out now, I'll do it as soon as I get back.