Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resellerclub charge resellers after price was 0 for weeks on .TOP domain! Anyone faceing problems ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Resellerclub charge resellers after price was 0 for weeks on .TOP domain! Anyone faceing problems ?

CristianDCristianD Member, Host Rep
edited August 2022 in General

Hello guys,

A couple of weeks ago domain name .TOP was at price 0.0, we even chat with them regarding this if is an issue or the price its ok, Resellerclub team was notice us the price is true and was set by registrant so we can give .TOP domain at 0.0 price for the customers.

So me any more companys we notice ower customers regarding this, so imagine we had lots of orders, all was ok till today we get notice by Resellerclub we have to pay for domain registred with price 0 :s

How legal is this ? How us as resellers can ask now ower customers to pay for it ? For us by lows its complet ilegal to do this! And customers can make complain to

Anyone else having problems with them ?

ResellerClub:

Hello,
We hope you and your team are healthy and safe!

As you are aware we recently revised our domain pricing on the 4th of July 2022. The pricing was changed on the effective date, but due to a technical glitch, the pricing for .TOP TLD was sold at "Zero."

The correct revised price that should have been charged is as follows:

Price .TOP
On Promo $1.31
Add $9.23
Transfer-in $9.23
Renewal $10.99

We have identified this bug and have fixed the pricing. We strongly recommend that you change your selling prices accordingly.

Furthermore, for all the .TOP domain names that was registered, transferred and renewed at "zero", we have raised invoices against each of those transactions. Kindly, login to your account and settle the invoice for the respective domain name orders that you wish to keep before the 19th of August.

Following that, all .TOP domain registrations for which payment was not received would be deleted. Whereas, all transfers/renewals will be reversed. These deletions and reversal will happen on the 19th of August.

Comments

• ralfralf Member

Might depend on your country and theirs, but normally if an offer of sale or purchase is made and accepted by the other party, it can't be changed after the transaction has taken place.

Particularly if you have records of your conversation confirming that it's not an error, you can probably get them to them to waive the fee, although I suspect the reality is they will refuse and cut off your domains because you didn't pay, your customers will get annoyed with you and not them, and you will have to sue them for damages. But that is only possible after they have caused you the harm, and by then your business will have suffered a loss of reputation.

It's probably a sign that whatever the outcome, you should ditch them and find a more trustworthy registrar for the future.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Hi,

Same issue with my company, i have asked them on chat some weeks ago ( before buy any .top domain ) and their agents said the price is real and that was set by the registrant and we can buy the domains at "zero" price.
    Also, we will have issues with our customers because many of them purchased the domains with a hosting package.

• ralfralf Member

It's effectively a bait-and-switch to try to make you buy domains you wouldn't otherwise have bought.

The only question is whether you passed the savings on to your customers. If you didn't it'd be better for you to take the hit of making slightly less money.

If you sold them to your customers for below the new price, I guess your best course of action to not lose your reputation is to honour your sales whilst trying to pursue the damages from your supplier. Of course, they will try to find a way to avoid that, and unless you have thousands of domains with them, it'll probably be cheaper just to write it off that pay for legal costs. I suspect this is what they are relying on.

Ditch them, find a new supplier.

• @ralf said:
    It's effectively a bait-and-switch to try to make you buy domains you wouldn't otherwise have bought.

The only question is whether you passed the savings on to your customers. If you didn't it'd be better for you to take the hit of making slightly less money.

If you sold them to your customers for below the new price, I guess your best course of action to not lose your reputation is to honour your sales whilst trying to pursue the damages from your supplier. Of course, they will try to find a way to avoid that, and unless you have thousands of domains with them, it'll probably be cheaper just to write it off that pay for legal costs. I suspect this is what they are relying on.

Yes but the price on resellerclub was 0 for 1,2 up to 10 years, i have a lot of customers that taken domains for 10 years, 1 .TOP domains for 10 years is about 100$, for 10 domains 1000$ and we have more then 200-300. That not correct to pay for domains that was at price 0 for weeks not for 1-2 days, that was for weeks ...............

• ralfralf Member

@EduardoKST said:

@ralf said:

Yes but the price on resellerclub was 0 for 1,2 up to 10 years, i have a lot of customers that taken domains for 10 years, 1 .TOP domains for 10 years is about 100$, for 10 domains 1000$ and we have more then 200-300. That not correct to pay for domains that was at price 0 for weeks not for 1-2 days, that was for weeks ...............

Then it sounds like it's possibly worth the time and expense of suing them. But you could easily waste more money doing that if you're not successful.

• And .... at the final how is possible to have a price bug for weeks and you can't fix or announce the resellers, no annoucements, no warning, nothing ....

• AndrewL64AndrewL64 Member
    edited August 2022

Resellers who are victims of this scam should come together and go against RC whether legally or otherwise. It'll be cheaper (if lawyers and shit are involved) and it'll also be harder for RC/EIG to go against a collective rather than individuals.

I'm not an RC reseller but I (and anyone else here/somewhere who are interested) could maybe help out with mobilising this (petitions, blog posts, collective strategies, finding a lawyer, etc).

#FuckTheCorps

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Stop using EIG companies, they are crap. They 'decided' to change the price after the fact? Ridiculous.

• LexLex Member

what the duck! This is outrageous, it took them one month to realize they have a MAJOR pricing error? That's bullshit

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • This is chat with their agents about 1 month ago ( i have masked my name and agent name for security and gdpr reasons).

==================================================

Chat Started: Monday, July 18, 2022

Chat Origin: Web Intl-WSE Support NonHosting Chat T1

Agent Agent

( 3s ) Agent: Welcome to Support Helpdesk. How may I help you?
    ( 9s ) Customer: Hello
    ( 23s ) Agent: Hi there, Hope you are doing safe and healthy. How may I assist you today?
    ( 46s ) Customer: There is any bug or is a offer for .TOP domains, i see that can be registered for free trough my account and my sub-reseller accounts.
    ( 1m 34s ) Customer: Can you please check? I see i can register .top for free 0.00€.
    ( 1m 37s ) Agent: I understand your concern. I will check for you.
    ( 1m 49s ) Customer: Sure, please
    ( 1m 55s ) Agent: Could you please share the domain name you are trying to register?
    ( 2m 25s ) Customer: Order Details:
    Order ID: 102375158
    Domain Name: --HIDDEN--
    No of Years: 1 (Expiry Date: July 18, 2023)
    Your Cost Price: USD 0.0
    ( 2m 38s ) Customer: I have buyed and it's free ..
    ( 3m 18s ) Customer: I don't want to cancel, i want to understood why it's free because on resellerclub is showing at promos at around of 1€ price.
    ( 3m 33s ) Agent: Thank you for letting me know. I will check for you. Will it be okay if I put you on hold for few minutes while I check this for you?
    ( 3m 53s ) Customer: Yes, no problem
    ( 4m 31s ) Agent: Thank you
    ( 6m 38s ) Customer: Thanks! I wait
    ( 6m 52s ) Agent: My pleasure!
    ( 11m 23s ) Agent: Sorry for the long wait. The hold will take a bit longer than I initially thought. Would you mind continuing holding?
    ( 11m 39s ) Agent: Thank you for staying online with me:)
    ( 12m 8s ) Customer: Yes, i wait, no problem
    ( 12m 39s ) Agent: On checking, I see there is an ongoing Promo hence the cost price is set to Zero from the Registry's end:

( 12m 45s ) Agent: You can check the same from your account >> Settings >> manage products and pricing >> domain registration >> manage price >> search for .TOP TLD
    ( 13m 43s ) Agent: A gentle request to kindly rate this chat once it ends. Do you have any other queries for me as of now?
    ( 17m 24s ) Agent: It's been a while since I have heard from you, Are we still connected?
    ( 19m 39s ) Customer: Ok thank you

==================================================

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Your chat says nothing.

• @ascicode said:
    Your chat says nothing.

( 12m 39s ) Agent: On checking, I see there is an ongoing Promo hence the cost price is set to Zero from the Registry's end:

Thanked by 3Arkas ralf mrTom
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@ralf said: Might depend on your country and theirs, but normally if an offer of sale or purchase is made and accepted by the other party, it can't be changed after the transaction has taken place.

This is a big factor. Where I live, if a merchant tries to do that it's anti-consumer practice and comes with hefty fines, even at stores. eg. if the price listed doesn't match the scanned price, the listed price (often the cheap price) is honored instead of the scanned price.

It would be interesting to see where Resellerclub's jurisdiction is on this and if they have those consumer protection style laws.

• @EduardoKST said:

@ascicode said:
    Your chat says nothing.

Yes, but no bug, like mentioned in OP.

• LeviLevi Member

Sums going into XX XXX zone? Ditch it. This is their own fault. How about customers you ask? Drop them with one of these lines:

• Health / family / school issues;
    • Covid
    • War
    • Energy crysis

It will work. HF & GL.

Thanked by 2yoursunny JasonM
  • CristianDCristianD Member, Host Rep

Furthermore, for all the .TOP domain names that was registered, transferred and renewed at "zero", we have raised invoices against each of those transactions. Kindly, login to your account and settle the invoice for the respective domain name orders that you wish to keep before the 19th of August.

They generate invoices and they took all money we had on the reseller :) we didnt even take action to see what we keep or not as they mentioned

• I've never seen that the domain was free. (I'm using them for my company)

• Goodbye free domain :(

• email your customers about the technical glitch as "Bug in the system" of .TOP registry and ask them politely to pay the full price or tell them the Registry will automatically delete their domain and it will be available to the public.

Make it clear that the pricing directly comes from the registry and actions taken are also directly by the registry. You can also include Registry's contact email and phone to your clients so they can speak to .TOP directly.

Thanked by 2ralf Arkas
  • not sure if its worth it but they would have ZERO chance in court.

Ower Reseller is made True WHMCS (https://docs.whmcs.com/ResellerClub) long time ago 8years, is WHMCS / ResellerClub Problem, we even ask refund and they still deny.

Now i think to open case on paypal for the payment we made for adding funds.

This is complet joke from them

edited August 2022

Yep, so the problem is @WHMCS , this is what o get from ResellerClub, invoices still there.

ResellerClub after days of chating with them

Hello,
    Please write your detailed query on [email protected] and they will be in a better position to assist you.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Client Relations