Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ihostart is going to remove all data by 8/13 for moving nodes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ihostart is going to remove all data by 8/13 for moving nodes

dpt0000dpt0000 Member
edited August 2022 in Outages

Only two days advance notice!

And the network is very unstable today because the users of the same host are moving data.

Fortunately I had most of my data backed up during the frequent outage last month. Does anyone know of any hosts that ignore DMCA complaints and offer 2TB of storage for under $10 per month?

Comments

• I just have one "word" (or well, abbreviation) to say.

LMFAO.

• edited August 2022

Wasn't this the "I'm definitely not @cociu " guy and his company?

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited August 2022

Anyway, $10 per month or per year? Knowing Calin it's hard to tell. But regardless, I'd say good luck otherwise for your budget and requirements. I guess the cheapest option would be to go with @PulsedMedia's seedboxes if you can host your content there, or idly looking for crazy deals, especially during Black Friday.

...I just noticed that I didn't press Post Comment.

Thanked by 1dpt0000
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

Pretty much indeed. I don't think they're the same person - but I doubt there's no affiliation, and there's been some juicy things against Calin.

• @JeDaYoshi said:
    Anyway, $10 per month or per year? Knowing Calin it's hard to tell. But regardless, I'd say good luck otherwise for your budget and requirements. I guess the cheapest option would be to go with @PulsedMedia's seedboxes if you can host your content there, or idly looking for crazy deals, especially during Black Friday.

...I just noticed that I didn't press Post Comment.

$10 per month of course

• 2TB of storage for under $10 year?

• Kimsufi KS-1? If you don't need compute power, or servarica

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • gzzgzz Member

@JeDaYoshi said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Pretty much indeed. I don't think they're the same person - but I doubt there's no affiliation, and there's been some juicy things against Calin.

I’m surprised they’re still allowed on here after asking for hacked data

• LeviLevi Member

New Borta :D

• This guy is too lazy to migrate data and too lazy to use some online free grammar check

• LeviLevi Member

@drizbo said:
    This guy is too lazy to migrate data and too lazy to use some online free grammar check

No. He is just that incompetent. Nothing to do with lazziness.

• Maybe he is copying cociu's database over.

Thanked by 1gzz
  • maybe @FlorinMarian can offer you someting better

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@permatahost said:
    maybe @FlorinMarian can offer you someting better

Thanks for the tag!
    We are not in the "DMCA ignored" category, but we have never received any notification from them (it's a matter of luck, I can't guarantee that we will break the law).
    As for the offer, I think I could offer 2TB Storage for 10 euros/month, but I'm curious how much traffic is required, what processor and also how much RAM (DDR4 ECC).
    Thanks!

• @jason5545 said:
    Kimsufi KS-1? If you don't need compute power, or servarica

Just ignore this, forgot about DMCA requirements

• They don't ignore DMCA, IIRC

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2022

Most likely he does this because there aren't any spare drives to copy data to. He wipes everything, then uses the same drives, to reduce costs.

Hopefully he will not reduce costs even further, by switching from wood frames to cardboard.

• I'm curious if he will clean HDDs, destroy them or just remove them and resell to @cociu xD

Thanked by 1gzz
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2022

@brejski said:
    I'm curious if he will clean HDDs, destroy them or just remove them and resell to @cociu xD

No. He will just reuse them.

I do not understand what happened with the SSDs, not HDDs as mentioned in notification. If I remember correctly, his offers were with dedicated 250GB SSDs.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

We just planned a flight to Russia to reduce power costs. All servers will be loaded on the Plane shortly and moved to Russia to reduce Power costs
    Please bare with us.

Thanked by 2Hotmarer dystopia
  • @HostSlick said:
    We just planned a flight to Russia to reduce power costs. All servers will be loaded on the Plane shortly and moved to Russia
    Please bare with us.

That would be great news, as long as the price remains the same.

He's selling some Xeon > @default said:

@HostSlick said:
    We just planned a flight to Russia to reduce power costs. All servers will be loaded on the Plane shortly and moved to Russia
    Please bare with us.

lol i actually was in Contact with some DC in St. Petersburg few weeks ago, thinking to Colocate in RU. When i asked if they can help with the logistical problems or tell me some local suppliers to buy the first 50 servers because im German and shipping might be problematic, they started getting rude :D

• @HostSlick said:

@HostSlick said:
    Please bare with us.

lol i actually was in Contact with some DC in St. Petersburg few weeks ago, thinking to Colocate in RU. When i asked if they can help with the logistical problems or tell me some local suppliers to buy the first 50 servers because im German and shipping might be problematic, they started getting rude :D

With the servers in Russia you would have caused yourself more trouble than it was worth.

In Russia, if the police asks you, you must provide full access to your servers. If the client encrypts the disk on the virtual machine side it will be on you and you may run into problems.

• @HostSlick said:

@HostSlick said:
    Please bare with us.

Sure they got rude. All EU citizens are forbidden in Russia. There is a conflict with economic sanctions between EU and Russia. You can't possibly expect Russians to welcome an EU business with open arms. :sweat_smile:

• coldcold Member

@HostSlick said:
    We just planned a flight to Russia to reduce power costs. All servers will be loaded on the Plane shortly and moved to Russia to reduce Power costs
    Please bare with us.

how much downtime do you expect ?

• @cold said:

@HostSlick said:
    Please bare with us.

I believe it depends on the internet connection inside the plane.

Thanked by 1MallocVoidstar
  • coldcold Member

@default said:

@cold said:

@HostSlick said:
    Please bare with us.

maybe he can get a few prepay sims from Romania, cuz u het a lot of internet for 5 Euro... and make 2 3 smart phones mobile hotspots...

• @cold said:

@default said:

@cold said:

@HostSlick said:
    Please bare with us.

maybe he can get a few prepay sims from Romania, cuz u het a lot of internet for 5 Euro... and make 2 3 smart phones mobile hotspots...

That is not a good idea. The extremely high speed of all that mobile data transfer could interfere with the communications and electronics of the plane. We don't want to crash the plane and lose all customer's data which is of utmost importance for the business.

Thanked by 1cold

@cold said:

@default said:

@cold said:

@HostSlick said:
    Please bare with us.

Good idea.
    I need 20-30Gbit capacity in plane.
    Can you prepare all the Phones and SIM? Need Many. Thx.

Thanked by 1cold